Moi Avenue, PO Box 30399-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Nairobi

Give out presents!Give out presents!

A Kenyan banknoteA Kenyan banknote

Telephone calls from KenyaTelephone calls from Kenya

MosquitoMosquito

Safaris in Kenya / Tanzania

by DaltonButler

Hi there, Im interested in doing a safari of Kenya / Tanzania / Zanzibar in the near future. Im finding it difficult to match up my hols with organised safari dates on the internet and was wondering how easy it was find tour operators in Nairobi?

I've recently returned from Nepal and wish I hadn't bothered pre-booking as I could have picked up a tour at half the price if I'd just gone into one of the many tour companies in Khathmandu.

If these local tours exist, would they incorporate all of the above or whould I have to mix and match at the borders?

Many thanks in advance!

Dalton

by grets

You could try these people - we did a safari in Tanzania with them last year and found them absolutely great! (Check my Tanzania page for lots more details).

by mikejarsons

Hello Dalton,
You can also contact Real Nature Expeditions(realnature-expeditions)and see what they can offer for you.my brother and i used them for 11 days in both kenya and tanzania and we fully enjoyed their services.word of advice,Pre-booking sometime is important because any agency you use have to do the lodge/camp resevation for you and more so in africa,otherwise you need to have your own camping gear if you don't pre-book.For us we did 3 months pre-booking before our holiday.Good luck.

by Krumel

Hi Dalton,

I'm actually just in Kenya, doing a safari with www.malobaskenya.com. They're a small local company specialising in tailormade trips and should be able to accommodate your preferred dates and destinations. I've used them for a previous trip as well and can highly recommend them.

Pics of the trip coming up soon, with the highlight being a leopard with a cub in the Maasai Mara :-).

Otherwise you will also have a great choice of tour operators in Nairobi. Touts will most likely even approach you in the street trying to sell you a safari, and there are lots of safari companies in the city centre. I've no idea however how professional these guys are.

Hope you'll have a great trip!

Birgit

by dan08

Its possible to plan and enjoy your safari,there are several tour operators who do agreat job in consultation with you.Most tour operators cover East Africa region,you dont need to mix and match,

by tashalyne

hi i believe Kenya is where your looking forward to spending your holiday it has very attractive sites and the prices are unbelivably good,i went and had a trip to Amboseli and lake nakuru ,i spent a week there for my holiday ,i spent five day at Amboseli and two day at lake nakuru and it was a very great week for me and i used best of africa safari and tour to organize my safari .dont waste more of your time thinking of the best destination Kenya is waiting for you

by tashalyne

hi Kenya is definately the destination your looking for it has very attractive sites and and its not expensive ,the people there are very friendly i was organiosed a tour by one of the company in Nairobi and they matched mme with a very great guide he was so helpful all the way and i enjoyed every bit of the safari.Now don waste more of your time Kenya is waiting for you.have a great holiday

Travel Tips for Nairobi

Walk around the city. It is...

by SallyWorld

Walk around the city. It is not a dangerous city, though many tourists say so. You just have to be careful, and not look like a dumb tourist with a super camera and a golden Rolex. If you don't go to 'dangerous' outskirts, Nairobi is a lovely place for a walk, mostly in its marvellous parks.

CLIMATE in Kenya

by greekcypriot

The climate of Kenya is as varied as its physical structure. Climatic conditions vary from the tropical humidity of the coast, through the dry heat of the hinterland and northern plains, to the cool air of the plateau and mountains. Despite Kenya's equatorial position, Mt. Kenya is perpetually snow-capped. The coastal temperature averages 27°C (80°F), and the temperature decreases by slightly less than 2°C (3°F) with each 1,000 ft (305 m) increase in altitude. The capital, Nairobi, at 1,675 m, has a mean annual temperature of 19°C. The arid plains vary from 21°C to 27°C (70°F to 80°F). Seasonal variations are distinguished by duration of rainfall rather than changes of temperature; most regions of the country have two rainy seasons, the long rains falling between April and June, and the short rains between October and December. Average annual rainfall varies from 5 inches a year in the most arid regions of the northern plains to 70 inches a year near Lake Victoria. The coast and highland areas have an average of 40 inches per year.

Avoid driving at night!

by greekcypriot

Roads in Kenya aren't very good. Potholes, road blocks, goats and people tend to get in the way of vehicles.

Avoid driving a car or riding a bus at night because potholes are difficult to see and so are other vehicles especially when they are missing their headlights, a fairly common occurrence.

If you are renting a car, keep the doors and windows locked while driving in the major cities. Car-jackings occur fairly regularly but may not end in violence as long as you comply with demands made.

Hospitality

by croisbeauty

Jane is my interner friend, we exchnaged a few e-mails and calls before my departing to Kenya. Once I called her, she cooked the dinner and it was traditional local dish called ugali. She promiced to make it for me if I ever came to the town of Nairobi. I've meet her only tha last day of my staying in Nairobi because she was out of the town. Jane is by origin Maasai and she is very proud to be it. She shawn me around and we spend whole day together visiting parts of the town I couldn't see if on my own. I bought her a lunch and she invited me at her home making ugali and sukuma as she promiced. There at her home I've meet some of her friends and we spent very pleasant evening, right before my flight back to Mombasa.

The Wildbeest Migration

by greekcypriot

The Masai Mara isn't a household name for nothing: long seen as one of the world's best wildlife destinations, this expanse of rolling savannah not only sees the famous Wildebeest Migration but is also home to the fabled Maasai people, still carving out a life on the grasslands.

The Migration, a thundering spectacle of hooves on the move, reaches the Masai Mara around August and the bellowing herds stay until around November when they move south into the Serengeti.

Contact Information: Kenya Tourist Board