Monrovia Street & Muindi Mbingu, Nairobi, 30425, Kenya

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

• georeiser's Profile Photo

Kenya Comfort Hotel

Kenya Comfort Hotel is an old and famous budget hotel. It's right in the middle of downtown, and close to the restaurant, bars and nightlife.

My room had a small doublebed with mosquito net. The mosquito net was dirty and had some holes, and the bathroom was water damaged. I could feel mould smell in the floor. But the rest of the hotel room was clean and OK.

The cafe in the second floor is great and is open in the night. It's quite cheap to eat and drink there. I really recommend this cafe. It is also possible to crawl out of the big window and sit on the balcony. The staff will serve you trough the window.

About USD50 if you are alone for a double room. And USD65 for the same room for two persons. 80 USD for a tripple room.

• Clean, affordable, good service

We stayed at the Kenya Comfort Hotel in downtown Nairobi in November of 2007. The hotel is in a good area, the rooms are clean and the staff are helpful. There is a security gaurd in the lobby at all times, and you need a key to enter each floor, so safety was never an issue.
    The hotel took credit cards, which is sometimes hard to find when searching for lower cost acccomodations.
    We especially liked the restaurant. The breakfast buffet was a little expensive, $10 a person when you can get a hearty breakfast alacart for $6 or less.

Unique Quality: Great view from the rooftop patio. Nice terrace off the restaurant. Good food.

Directions: Downtown

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

In the heart of the city

Thanks to the local VT member FLYRUBI, my 2007 stay was at this hotel which is situated right in the heart of the city. I was in a walking distance to all major sights of Nairobi.
    The hotel itself offers decent accomodation which is in accordance to the same three stars standards hotels in Europe. There is good reastaurant in the hotel, open 24 hours, plus bar and small cyber cafe (three pc's). Yes, Comfort Kenya is very recommendable accomodation

Unique Quality: Too bad there is no pool, could be placed on the rooftop along with already existing solarium there. Btw, rooftop offers great view on the city centre, all my skyline pics were taken from there.
    The price for a single room, the one on the picture bellow, cost me 2.940 shillings breakfast included. The standard breakfast is very good but in case there is possibility to order "ala carte" too.

• Robert_Hun's Profile Photo

Probably the best budget hotel in town

As Nairobi was the starting point of our trips, we spent one night 4 times here.

Unique Quality: Good and plentiful breakfast.
    Mosquito net around the bed.

Directions: City center, opposite Jevanjee Gardens.

More about Kenya Comfort Hotel

by georeiser about Kenya Comfort Hotel

by georeiser about Kenya Comfort Hotel

Probably the best budget hotel in town

by Robert_Hun about Kenya Comfort Hotel

The rooms are relatively small and basic but comfortable with an acceptable bathroom. Good and plentiful breakfast.
Mosquito net around the bed.

Clean, affordable, good service

by metodd66 about Kenya Comfort

Our only complaint was the weekend noise. We stayed there on two different Saturday nights and the first time was very loud due to the disco right near by. The second time we chose a room on the 6th floor on the opposite side of the disco and it was much better. Great view from the rooftop patio. Nice terrace off the restaurant. Good food.

In the heart of the city

by croisbeauty about Kenya Comfort Hotel

Let me add this comment, last year I spend few days in Holiday Inn at Nairobi, which cost me 200 euros per day. It is almost sixth time more than I paid in this hotel. With all respect but what I had there do not worth six time more. Too bad there is no pool, could be placed on the rooftop along with already existing solarium there. Btw, rooftop offers great view on the city centre, all my skyline pics were taken from there.

Kenya Comfort HotelKenya Comfort Hotel

furnished apartments

by schoki

hi,
my boyfriend, I and our 5 years old kid are planing to be in Nairobi the whole of september and need a clean, furnished appartment which should not be very expensive. Does anyone have information which could help us? Thanks in advance.

Re: furnished apartments

by cduma

I know the Fairview Garden Hotel offers furnished family apartments. It is a nice place and very secure. I would look up more information online. I have no idea of rates, etc. Hope this helps a bit.

Re: furnished apartments

by flyrubi

You can also check the Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites they are nice, clean and the price is reasonable. Their website is www.kenyacomfort.com. The rates are also in their site.Hope this helps you.

Changing planes in Nairobi

by hayward68

I'm hoping somebody could help me. We're trying to decide whether to fly directly to JRO in Tanzania from LHR or stop the night in Nairobi and then shuttle bus to Moshi. The first option requires changing planes in Nairobi. Now, since we'd not be leaving the airport, with this option, we should only need a Transit visa right? Can anybody tell me how this works? Where would we go in the airport? The flights would be with Kenya Airways connecting to a Precision Airways flight. I believe they are codeshare, so do we have to get our bags and checkin again or no?
Thanks for any advice.

by Nairobi75

If you you are from the UK, please try checking with the KQ offices in London, your question is rather technical! Think their address is sales.london@kenya-airways.com In case you get stuck let me know if I can be of any further help.

Regards,

John.

by hayward68

We've decided to forgo the connecting flight and just spend the night in Nairobi and catch the shuttle. Thanks anyways.

by caughtthetravelbug

I would really appreciate if you could tell me how connecting in Nairobi worked out for you?
I too am flying into Nairobi and am planning to take the shuttle the next morning to Arusha.
What bus company did you use?
Where did you stay in Nairobi? Was it far from the Airport? In a safe neighbourhood?
Have you any general advice to give?

by hayward68

It went fine, had our hotel (Kenya Comfort Hotel) send a car meet us at the airport and then drive us to there. Up early to catch Impala shuttle, shuttles are across the street from Kenya Comfort Hotel. Man came over at 7:30 to check we were there and then boarded the bus which left around 8am.

Comments