Mombasa Road, PO Box 4372-00506, Nairobi, Kenya

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

• Smilingmachine's Profile Photo

Iceskating in Nairobi

I hear different things about the hotel, bad and good. I can't say so much about this hotel, we had only 8 hours there. But for us was a nice experience. But also we noticed an angrily guest in the dining hall. Don't know what happened. But I also know that sometiimes in every hotel people which need to be angry.
    Always depend of what you expect.

Unique Quality: I missed it :-(, we've been so tired that we missed to go through the hotel, otherwise we would notice that they have an ice skating hall. If I ever go again to Nairobi I will visit this place again and go with my dad ice skating :-) in the hotel

• JimKnopf's Profile Photo

Nice Service

We've been at this hotel only for 8 hours, because the airline overbooked the flight. So we stayed there to relax and have lunch and dinner. And was really a nice experience. And for only these 8 hours I would suggest it.

• East Africas Strangest Hotel!!!

Firstly I should state that I did not purposely book myself into this hotel! If things had gone to plan I would have been in Tanzania and would never have set eyes on the place. BUT as events conspired against us, our onward flights were cancelled and after exuding some steam from my nose and ears and blowing my temper at an innocent member of Kenya Airways ground staff.....we were shipped off to stay at and I quote "a very nice 5 star hotel". When we got to the hotel at near midnight 9 (we had been travelling since 2am) I thought i had slipped into the twilight zone!!!! The hotel was literally covered (literally) in twinkling fairy lights from top to bottom. The lobby was filled with really tacky wierd furniture that looked as though it was capable of coming to life and eating its unsuspecting victims! All I could do at this point was break down into fits of laughter..........our flight was 2 hours late in leaving London, then on landing in Nairobi it took another hour before we were allowed off the plane....and then our onward flight was cancelled..it was all tooo much!!! But at least it was clean, the staff were friendly, and they had aircon!!! I shouldnt moan really especially since it was free!! In fact Im not moanng I just wanted to tell you all about it while it was on my mind!

Directions: Mombasa Road

More about The Panari Hotel

Decent Accomodations

by HasTowelWillTravel about Panari Hotel

I should clarify this tip before proceeding. This hotel was my stay-over while waiting for Kenyan Airlines to figure out my flight. I arrived after midnight, cranky at dealing with airline folks for 4 hours. And the hotel, eager to have people stay, was overbooked, and made us wait 2 hours while htey cleaned rooms and prepped service. I mention this as a word of warning, because one lady, unrelated to my trip, was trying to check in, with a reservation, and they didn't have a room for her. So, double-check and triple-check reservations before going out there.

The room, and the hotel, felt like a hotel anywhere else in the world. Very new, the Panari felt less than 5 years old. It was clean, well-appointed, the room was spacious, though it lacked a certain atmosphere that had anything to do with Kenya. I could have been statying in a hotel in San Francisco for all I knew. I like my hotels to relate to their surroundings, and this one was distinctly removed. However, it was a comfortable stay, with a good restaurant, and tremendous views of the surrounding plains, as it is on the outskirts of Nairobi, between the airport and the downtown area.

I was not here for long, so don't have much to say. But it was functional, comfortable, and clean. 3 important qualities of a hotel room I suppose.

Me in Panari Hotel of Nairobi

by Smilingmachine

"School uniform"

My cousin in his school uniform. It's so nice to see the children here all in the same clothes. I hope when I'm enough old for school they chnaged to this system also in Germany. The different clothes makes more and more problems for many children and also for the parents.

Seven Hour Layover in Nairobi . . .

by Nedsmom

I don't want to sit in the airport. Would like to have a look around and a nice dinner -- it will be late afternoon and evening. Where should I head?

by muguruki

If it were me I would not like to chance getting to Nairobi and back for dinner in 7 hours. Traffic can be a real problem and things don't always run smoothly in Kenya. I can't think of anywhere that might be nearer the airport rather than going into town. It does seem a complete waste to sit in the airport for 7 hours but maybe a few Tuskers will help pass the time.

by sphynxxs

traffic on mombasa road between airport and city is a nightmare on late afternoons and it can easily take you two hours or more in traffic jams to get to the city center. Returning to the airport would mean you have to check in again, which can take time. so the nice dinner might be a bit of a problem (service in restaurants can be a bit slow as well). seven hours layover at the airport are boring. But getting out of the airport and back is not so thrilling either.

by logandear

There is a nice restaurant located in the Panari Hotel, not too far from Jomo Kenyatta airport. It's called Pampa Churrascaria ( http://www.pampagrillkenya.com/home.htm ) -- Churrascaria is the type of meal where the servers come around with large skewers of different types of meat and you can either accept or decline what they're offering. I had camel and crocodile while I was there! Yikes! (I don't recommend the camel)

I think with 7 hours, you shouldn't have any problems going to Pampa. But the rush hour traffic in Nairobi IS horrendous!

by Osmun79

In Karen there is the Rusty Nail.. it's very popular and every Taxi driver knows it. The owner's are Angolan ex-pats who transplanted here and are very nice. The server's are also the best in Nairobi IMHO, friendly an prompt. It's a nice little Gem that never get's too crowded.

Comments