Homa Bay Hotels

Our Members Say

• aniger profile photo aniger
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hippo Buck Hotel: Great Hotel in Homa Bay

I stayed at Hippo Buck for two months while working in Nyanza Province. The staff was great, as was John, the manager. (They even took care of me when I was sick with malaria.)

Hippo Buck has two different levels of rooms: very basic small rooms and larger, more luxurious rooms. All rooms have en suite bathrooms with showers and hot water. The hotel also has a generator for the many power outages. There is an attached restaurant.

I absolutely recommend the Hippo Buck to anyone staying in Nyanza Province.

Great Quiet Location

Has a great tree by the front door that houses an enormous number of bats.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Backpacking
  • Written February 5, 2008
Tip Photo

• ednaodongo profile photo ednaodongo
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Homa Bay Tourist Hotel: Homa Bays best hotel

As we drove to homa bay i begun to feel a little weary because none of the places looked good. None of the signs about inns or hotels or lodgings looked appealing. then our guide mentioned a new hotel that had been renovated called the homa bay tourist hotel. I have been to homa bay before and stayed at the hippo buck and the expreience left me wanting. so i was glad to be able to have another option. the homa bay tourist hotel is right at the egde of the lake therefore boat riding is plentiful and the breeze is to die for . the rooms yet small are very quaint and homely. there is free internet in the lobby for hotel guests and the menu has a variety of traditional foods. This is a hotle i would recommend for anyone going to homa bay

great view, good food, pleasant staff, internet access, good rates

• Opinion of Price: about average