Serena Hotel

Amboseli 48690 Nairobi, Amboseli National Park, KE

Good For No Data

The pool is freezing!

The swimming pool at the Amboseli Serena Lodge looks inviting but don't be deceived. One you get into the water, you'll want to jump out because the water is so cold! I heard the water comes all the way from Mt Kilimanjaro.

The pool area is surrounded with many trees so for those who want to get a sun tan will have to find somewhere else but it's nice to lie on the sun bed and read or relax.

The restaurant

When you stay at the Amboseli Serena, all meals are included with your package. I had all my meals at the lodge's restaurant. The breakfast was the standard buffet with a variety of dishes to choose from, from eggs, bacon, sausages & pancakes. Sometimes, they even serve champagne with breakfast.

Lunch was also a buffets which was satisfactory and for dinner, I chose a dish from the pre-set menu plus appetizers & desserts from the buffet, including some international dishes, e.g Japanese & Indian. Sunday night is different, there was an extensive dinner buffet where you can sample some local delicacies.

While the food is included in the package, other soft drinks & alcohol are not. The drinks prices are on the high side though.

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Beautiful hotel in the middle of nature

The Amboseli Serena Lodge is another fine accommodation by the Serena group. Situated in the shadows on Mt Kilimanjaro, it is prepared to receive guests in search of the African flavor. The lodge has 96 en-suite rooms, and some are under renovation while I was last there.

When I arrived, I was welcomed by their staff who handed me a cold towel & drink which was great after hours of driving on the dusty road. The reception was friendly and handed me my room key attached to a humongous keychain which resembled a Masaai wooden staff.

I found my room to be quite small but it had the basics e.g comfy bed, hot water, a vanity and a huge glass wall where I can watch small animals outside. The room was styled in a traditional Masaai concept that is reflected on the furnishings and furnitures. Hand painted murals covered the walls with images of animals & plants by, strangely an American woman who I met during my stay

In the evenings, guests are entertained by song & dance by the local performers, including the neighboring Masaai residents.

Unique Quality: Behind the lodge is a waterhole where you can spot waterbucks & other animals coming by for a drink. The open-air bar invites guests to relax and enjoy some drinks while Masaai warriors meander around the area to watch for naughty monkeys who tries to steal stuff from guests.

Comments