Malaza Hotels

Our Members Say

Greenhouse at the 5* hotel

Browsing the area, you'll notice that the owner and manager of the hotel love flowers. Be it in the garden, be it in the greenhouse, there should always be opprtunity to develop your photography skill. It came out as one of my favourite photo (photo 1) was this one that I was told to resemble Ikebana compositions. ;-)

Another favourite is the white orchid (photo 2). I as lucky to see seven plants of it, all blooming within two days. Its most remarkable feature is, guess what... its fragrance. So strong that it spreads all over the greenhouse. By the way, do you know how Malagasy people use to name orchids ? Hanitrin'ny ala (Fragrance of the forest).

More to come...

beautiful and fragrant flowers

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
Tip Photo

Does it really look like an ikebana composition ?

Cooking class at my 5* hotel

That's one unique pleasure at my 5* hotel: "guests" can attend a cooking class. Once they master some dish, they can cook for those who would like to join in at Sunday noonlunches. Myself, I enjoy doing this on Sundays because the lady cook has her day out on Sundays. Then, I offered my service to the "gouvernante generale". We select beforehand the dish, sidedish to cook from some various recipes and according to my speciality. It is always a joy to share with the beloved guests.

Our latest treat all together was a Asian fusion diner with a Cambodgian style chops. Sidedish: saute of crunchy vegetables (carrots, broccoli, pepperoni, mushroom, soja with ginger & soja sauce). Prepared by yours truly with love. :-) Don't know which nationality this dish is but it is a classic & a fave by my end. It is, as you can see from the picture, a wok dish.
Rice: Malagasy lunch rice.
Contribution of the pastry chef: a scrumptious apple pie. Apples are from the orchard.

same as above tip

• Related to: Food and Dining, Arts and Culture
Tip Photo

Possibility to cook, for me, at the 5* hotel ;-)

Breakfast at my 5* hotel

This is my 5* hotel whose gouvernante generale is Madame Mum :-). She reigns over the whole house, esp. since her retirement. She looks after every detail in the house. At least, she tries but with so many people as "guests", one cannot be everywhere.

So, on sundays, she has the help of her chef patissier (my cousin). The latter bakes, for us, the scrumptious breakfast viennoiserie and outstanding dessert cake or pies...
Then, it's so marvellous to be waken up by this smell from the oven.

Beverages: usually coffee, milk or tea for me.
Winter uses to be citrus season so pressed orange juice is added to the set of warm beverage.

*great food, memorable bfast & dessert on Sundays thanks to the in-house patissier
*sport facilities
*space
*garden
*greenhouse with some table to hang around
*could serve as a good base to browse the Northern area

• Related to: Food and Dining, Arts and Culture
Tip Photo

Sunday breakfast at my hotel

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful