Morondava Hotels

Our Members Say

Kirindy reserve camp

Before going to Kirindy ,I can't immagine how it's accomodation may look like, because there's not much clear information.I thought there were only set-up tents with bed and shared toilet.But it's much better than expected.There were about 12 simple bungalows ,some with en-suite shower and shared toilet ,or cheaper one with shared shower and toilet.I got the one with shower.The huts are line up next to each others among trees.Most rooms has 2 small beds with mosquito net.There are at least 2 windows each rooms which is very good to let the wind go through because during the day it was terribly hot ..!! This place was the hottest place I 've ever experienced , hotter than Bekopaka ,probably the window isn't right in the angle of wind channel.
There's electricity in the room ( but no fan) ,if I wasn't wrong ,there's also socket so we can charge our camera and etc.
The shared toilet is squat type with flush system but water isn't enough to flush well so we can help maintain the "good look" by aim well to let it into the hole ,in order not to leave any trace behind,otherwise try to keep some empty bottle of water and refill water from your room to use in this case.There's no toilet paper so bring your own.Over all ,the room and toilet are quite clean enough.
The last picture...There's the dumping garbage area near toilet ,mostly dry garbage like paper,plastic and bottle so there's no smell to disturb us.
One thing to share...we are staying in the forest or animal area so please consider very well not to throw away any garbage that can harm animal and there will be many kinds of animal wandering around, in ,out , on and above our room day and night so,please try not to think that they are annoying us but actually we are annoying them,just stay with them peacefully .During the night there will be more animal activities ,so just prepare to face it .There will be many kinds of noise from each animal.In my room there's collared iguana living at the end of my bed,so if we have food in plastic wrap they can bite through it so we have to keep our things well if don't want to feed them.
So far ..during the night I can sleep well ,it's cool down a bit ,just enough to feel ok to sleep.There's many animal noise happening whole night but I like it ,very enjoyable.
There 's no electricity at night.
My room cost 42,000 Ar. per room/night but my case it's included in the tour from Morondava.

• Written July 31, 2013

Tanakoay: Bekopaka accomodation

There are some other pictures of Tanakoay to show..
1.The first pic ..Tanakoay provide some other kind of room like this as well.I think it's 2 rooms in 1 hut,good for family traveller.
2.Tanakoay are building new rooms ,made by concrete like in the picture.I hope soon it'll be finished.
3.The main reception area with restaurant.The meal (dinner)for each day is fix and set menu,..not a la carte ,what they will serve will be written on the black board.It's 3 courses menu with ..starter ,main course and dessert.
For breakfast are also the same system and if you want them to prepare some pack lunch for you for the trekking day, you have to tell them in advance.They have nothing much to prepare for us,it's only baguette with only 2 choices..baguette with cheese slices or omelette.,otherwise try to go to the village and buy something else.

• Written June 22, 2012

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tanakoay: Tanakoay lodge: "Bekopaka accomodation"

I want to show some other picture of Tanakoay.
1.First pic is my room in late afternoon.You can see sun shine on right side of the house,that is my bed side,so I couldn't take any nap cuz it's too hot inside.It's better to sit outside,enjoy seeing some activity from the french group at campsite area or a little garden in front of my room which has some big mango trees ( you can see from picture as well)
2.The second pic is inside of the room .It's very small but manage to have private bathroom,which is the best temperature area of the room,especially right after trekking in the heat and take cold shower there...you know ..it's like heaven.
3.As I mentioned that the room named "Fody" may be less hot than my room,cuz it's under the shade of mango tree in the afternoon, but this room is only 1 bed.

• Written June 15, 2012

My room

Tanakoay lodge: Bekopaka accomodation

This lodge ...provide simple bungalow and campsite.There are about 4 bunglows A-shape with thatch roof.Some with 1 queen bed and some with 2 single beds.I asked Tony (the owner) for 2 beds .That day we are the only guest that stay in bungalow so he let me see the rooms and choose whichever I like.All bungalow has it's name.I chose the one named "Vintoy" with 2 beds with private bath.It's very hot.There's no electricity during day time.And at night even there's electricity but they don't have fan anyway.I expect some wind coming through my room a bit ...but ..no. May be because my room wasn't face wind chanel.The room next to me name 'Fody" may be better.Tony suggested us to just open the door all the time and he said no need to be worry about the safety.It's ok.But I still be a little worried anyway.So I have to open the door all night to let the wind coming in otherwise it will be too hot to sleep.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written May 11, 2012
Tip Photo

Entrance area and reception building.

Orchidee du Bemaraha: Bekopaka, Hotel and bungalow

I didn't stay in this hotel but I had chance to visit the front area because of the kind french couple who brought us from the car break down along the way (according to the story in previous tip.)Their driver and guide were so kind to us too cuz they told us to wait and they'll send us to our hotel later.So I had chance to take some pic of hostel Orchidee du Bemaraha which is quite good and high end type here.It's not far driving from the river.In the middle of forest they have a small swimmming pool!!.After such a long and hot day,we all want to jump in the pool immediately even before checking in the hotel.But I'm not their customer,so I only took some pic to share with you.It looks nice ,clean, and expensive.I don't know how much but checked from other source which said it's about 45 euro in high standard private double room(6 rooms bungalow type)and 10 big tents with bed and shared bath ,overlooking the lake for 20 euro/tent.They alos have single room ,family room for 4 and 6 persons as well(70 and 100 euro).But all of these ,I didn't see by own eyes ,just try my best to find info for you all.
Here are pics of their swimming pool and the main hall that serve as reception and bar and restaurant.They said the food are very very good.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written April 16, 2012

Swimming pool

Bekopaka accomodation

It's not hard to find accomodation in Bekopaka.Most people booked some rooms in advance.But if you need basic and cheap accomodation ,at least 3 places near by the ferry crossing point and also near the park entrance.Two on the north shore and one on the south.
1.ANGAP camping,they said is cheapest one,with very basic,shared facilities and need to bring your own equipment.
2.Camp Croco (Tel. 22 630 86)south side of river.It's safari style tents with bed,shared facilities.They said the tents are large and comfortable.Restaurant serve good food.Price for 2 persons in 1 tent is about 40,000 Ar.
3.Camp Manambolo ,is on the north shore next to ANGAP.Basic and shared facilities,shady by mango trees.You can rent or bring your own tent.They said good and tasty food as well.The price is about the same as ANGAP camp.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written April 16, 2012

Campsite near Park office

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Le Bourgain Villiers: Beach hotel

This hotel is located right on the beach,very good location.I stayed in the bungalo style with thatch roof.They provide portable fan.The wind from outside can get through if we open windows or the back door,so it won't be too hot.It's twin room and room size are quite big.Toilet and shower area is right behind the bed with only small partition wall in between.Hot shower 24 hours,mosquito net and a wardrobe.I paid 50,000 Ar.per night.I like this hotel very much.No complain about anything.Service was good ,staffs were friendly,especially Mr.Vincent whom I contacted with about the hotel booking and information about Tsingy tour.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written December 10, 2011
Tip Photo

my room was the second from the left

• Nyelle profile photo Nyelle
  • Reviews: 4

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Le Trecicogne: Clean, pleasant and good value

I arrived in Morondava with nowhere to stay, so I hit the sand and started looking. I walked down the road going into each hotel and asking for rates, and I was astonished at how expensive it was. Having just come from some really primitive accommodation I was really hoping for something with hot water and a little shine but it looked like I couldn't afford it. Then someone directed me to Le Trecicongne, it was all the way towards the end of the road. It was about 38,000AR for an ensuite for the night, far less expensive (by nearly half) than other places I'd looked at. It was spotlessly clean, well furnished (even a bit stylish) with a fan, mosquito net, plenty of space, and an immaculate bathroom with hot, high pressure (relative to Madagascar) water. I stayed there the whole time I was in Morondava and it was definitely the best place going.

The breakfast is pleasant. Staff are very friendly and helpful, one even spoke some English. I was travelling solo and hoping to go to the Tsingy and the receptionist found some other (lovely) people at the hotel who were planning a trip and arranged for me to go with them. It would have been an unaffordable trip if he hadn't intervened.

Overall Morondava is not great but the tsingy are cool and Le Trecicogne was a great place to stay.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average