Kamazu Procession Road, PO Box 44, Lilongwe, Malawi
Expedia.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

More about Lilongwe

Rescued monkeys in quarantineRescued monkeys in quarantine

Volunteers helping with wildlife art classesVolunteers helping with wildlife art classes

Malangalanga road, LilongweMalangalanga road, Lilongwe

LiliongweLiliongwe

Family travel to Lilongwe

by malawi2008

My family is planning to travel to Malawi early 2008. I am looking for affordable secure house to rent for a month or 2 while in Lilongwe? Anyone know how I can make such arrangements? Where can I find rental homes in Lilongwe for a family of 7? How about renting a van for a 3 month period? Any other places of interest you can recommend while in Malawi for a family trip?

Thanks
Dera

by Anir&Ricula

Hi, We went to Lilongwe back in February of this year as part of a tour group. We stayed briefly at a campsite in the middle of the town which was run by an English couple from Brighton, I'm sure they could probably help. Whilst in Malawi we visited a country lodge run by a guy from Hull who had lived in Malawi for 18 years. He had a site that had various activities available such as mountain biking, canoeing and some other activities with various types of accommodation available. As it is late now, I will try to dig out the info and re-email you with what I have.

by Anir&Ricula

Hi
I had a look through my stuff and unfortunately I do not have details of the campsite name or owners in Lilongwe. However the Outdoor Adventure Lodge I mentioned is at Luwawa, Viphya Forest, Northern Malawi, email: wardlow@malawi.net

Good Luck
Ricula

by malawi2008

thanks for the info. I will checkout inof on Luwawa.

Dera

Travel Tips for Lilongwe

Lilongwe intro

by georeiser

Lilongwe is the commercial center and capital of Malawi with a population of 900,000 people. It lies in the central region, on the Lilongwe river. The town is marked by signs of colonial settlers. There are two distinct parts of the city. The Old Town, which is the original part of the city and features busy African markets, many Asian shops, hotels and restaurants. And the New Town, which is less than 20 years old and hosts the Government Buildings, Diplomatic Missions, International Aid Agencies, etc. There are some new shopping areas, hypermarkets, hotels and restaurants.

The streets of Lilongwe

by georeiser

Lilongwe is diveded in an old town and a new town. It's a city with both gravel roads and bitumen roads. Houses in the the city is mixed from dilapidated houses with flat corrugated roof and modern concrete buildings. The pavements are in use for street sellers.

Golf & others

by frockland

The Lilongwe Golf Club will give a temporary membership to all their guests. With this you can use plenty of different sport possibilities. Leisure and night spots include an 18-hole golf club, squash courts, swimming pool, tennis courts, bowling green, squash, snooker, darts, pool, table tennis and playing fields.

Lilongwe

Lilongwe

by Zanzibargirl

Lilongwe is the capital of Malawi, and was one of the stopover points as we travelled through the country. It doesn't hold a whole heap of interest there. Mainly for me it was a chance to final check and send emails as I hadn't had a chance since Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania, plus my mobile had no service at all in Malawi, so email was proving to be my own way to let people know I was ok unless I wanted to go to a pay phone... Lilongwe become the country's new capital in 1975 and the best part to visit is the Old town & its markets.

Comments