Region de Sikasso Hotels

Our Members Say

• gailcall profile photo gailcall
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Zanga: I could have done much better

I arrived after a 24 hour bus ride and decided it would be well worth it to spend a little more than I usually would for some luxury. I was sad that the pool I had so looked forward to was drained and looked like it had been for some time. The room was dreary with only one small window and a scary ancient AC. I was unable to write or read as the electricity was only turned on after 6 PM and there was very little light from the window. Outside to read/write at sundown and back for a shower. The water was nice and hot and I figured out that to flush the leaking toilet I had to turn it on underneith. I went to bed-CLUNK, box springs as a matress! Exhushted I slept. In the AM I was told that breakfast was not included as I had been told and was taken to a streetside cafe. This is Mali afterall, so it really could be anybody's word and I really didn't care as sitting by the street was the most pleasant bit of my stay. I have stayed at many many places with far fewer amenities but they were much cheaper and had more charm than this overpriced deserted "conference center."

Bleak at best

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written November 23, 2009

• Alpha_Ghana profile photo Alpha_Ghana
  • Reviews: 346

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Zanga: Main hotel of Sikasso

There are not a lot of places where you can stay in Sikasso. In Mali, when you are not in Bamako, you are really in the bush.
Hotel Zanga is the only place I found with some European standards.
This is a hotel for business or for people on their way between Bamako and Burkina Faso.
Hotel is good for one night or two, with basic accomodation: airconditionning, TV sat, clean bathroom with a lovely view on the garden and the swimming pool.
The restaurant outside provides simple but good food.

The only one in the area

• Opinion of Price: most expensive