Atar Hotels

Our Members Say

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 4098

HÔTEL LE MÉHARISTE: I WISH I HAD

When I returned to Atar for the second time, I took a gamble with an out-of-town budget accommodation that really did not pay off. I wish I had stayed here. This is an excellent modern hotel, with beautiful gardens, its own enclosed area for parking vehicles and it is exceptionally quiet. The buildings and facilities are excellent. The decor of the bedrooms is a bit bizarre, but nice enough. I think they invited someone colour-blind to sort out the bedding and curtains. Oh, well, this is a solid choice. All the rooms are air-conditioned, have free Wi-Fi and the walls are solid.

I was shown around this nice hotel with pride by the staff. Singles are 9000 MRO (about $31) and doubles are 11000 (about $37). I was quoted me about $50. They had no guests at the time, so were probably offering me the biggest room and breakfast (1500) and an evening meal (3500) included.

If you are on the road and really want everything nice and easy – this is your hotel in Atar. It’s a 6-10 minute easy stroll into everything Atar has to offer. If you want to wash your clothes, they will be dry in the gardens in 1 hour. The whole complex is set on a single level and the rooms are set well away from the road. This is an oasis within Atar. For some reason this hotel is in the French edition, but not the English, of a very well known guidebook. I am guessing they want to keep this little gem to themselves.

And you can even pick your own room!

• Modern, air-conditioned, secure (including vehicles), quiet
• A huge secure compound and lovely gardens
• Breakfast, dinner and meeting facilities
• On the main road and an easy walk to the stores/market

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Road Trip, Seniors, Family Travel
  • Written March 8, 2015
Tip Photo

H��TEL LE M��HARISTE - ATAR

• johnsakura profile photo johnsakura
  • Reviews: 3944

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Bab Sahara: Hotel Bab Sahara

My stay in Bab Sahara was incredible. It was like a sunshine on my heavy trip comming from Terjit. I left Terjit in the morning and I had a problem with my car. The oil pump had broken and the car was loosing oil like hell. It was kind of funny cos as we got to the city entrance, we had to show our passports (the usual passport control), and the policeman very stresses said, hey go go and fx your car, your getting yourself into trouble if you dont fix it quick. Go away. hehe. So we went to find Bab Sahara. We arrived in Bab Sahara and were very welcome. The hotel has this amazing relaxing environment given by its dutch owners.

Tents, small houses also can be rented. The price for each person sleeping on the tents are of 1500UM or 5 euros. very cheap for a hotel this quality. You have everthing cleaned which is hard to find in Mauritania. Kicthen also available, resting area, all in one. Very nice indeed.

The owner help me fixing my car. Very nice person. Once i told him, you have a very nice hotel here. He said no, I have my house, this is not a hotel its my house. So thats why the quality of this place here in Atar is explained. Thank you for the amazing staying.

On the picture you have the resting area of the camping. Very relaxing environment with some books and paintings. Picture with Xana, Patricia and Eric having their breakfast.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written May 16, 2004
Tip Photo

hotel bab sahara mauritania atar adrar region

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful