Le Domaine De Bel Ombre, Bel Ombre, Mauritius, 0,

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 40% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Le Telfair Golf And Spa Resort

Amazing holiday at Le Telfair Resort in Mauritius

We recently visited Mauritius and stayed at the Le Telfair Resort.

The resort is beautifully maintained, very clean and also situated in a quiet area on the southern side of the island.

The rooms are of a good size and furnished to a great standard. There is also a lovely big bathroom. Our room also had a balcony with a lovely sea view. We lost tv reception once - which was probably related to the satelite service.

The resort has a long, white, sandy beach and swimming is a pleasure in the clear waters.

Dinner at the resort's restaurants were excellent. We ate several times at Gin'ja aswell as Annabella's and The Chateau. Each restaurant has something special to offer and the food was always great. Alcholic beverages can be a bit pricey - example is that a cocktail can cost around £6.00 (350 Mauritian rupees).

Another plus to the resort is its friendly and helpfull staff. We were greated by our hostess who was always attentive to our needs. The staff on the beach and the restaurants will always very kind aswell.

Will deffinately go back to Mauritius and will stay at Le Telfair again.

Excellent - will be back later this month

by TripAdvisor Member Cat0161

We enjoyed Le Telfair so much last year we will be returning this month. We are so delighted to read that recent visitors have enjoyed this resort as we did and obviously the standards are the same as last year - excellent!
The food was exceptional, compliments to all the chefs. We dined in all the restaurants which were of extremely high standard. The staff could not have been more helpful throughout the resort from our arrival to departure and it was so delightful to see such friendly and helpful people duirng our stay.

Souillac

by Klod5

Situated to the south extreme of the island, Souillac is an inshore village to the very particular seal, that confer him its coaquet Garden Telfair, the Museum Tobert-Edward Hart, and its old marine cemetery.

The loose sea that collapses against the reefs, very near of the beach, on the cliffs of Gris-Gris, or on the famous Roche qui Pleure (Rock that Cries), make a place of visit of it to not to miss. Beyond this vast navy extent, difficult to imagine that there is not any earth.

Great value in Mauritius, at this beautifully presented resort.

Of the three properties that sit on the most recently developed South coast of Mauritius, Le Telfair is the most stunning. The architecture evokes a cool, colonial grandeur and sits head and shoulders above the others in terms of aesthetics. Next door is the Heritage Golf and Spa which is impressive in a different way (more later) but with its vast thatched African influenced buildings sets a very different tone altogether. Next you will find Voile D'or, which seems a mish mash of buildings and design, and to us a bit more down at heel than the other two properties. You can judge for yourself though, by wandering along the beach and exploring them all in turn!

All of the superlatives that have been written about this resort are pretty accurate in the main. The hotel looks fantastic and its layout and grounds are beautiful. The accommodation is very nicely appointed, although there are no wow factors especially, in terms of design, but a good size and totally in keeping with the colonial feel to the resort. The bathrooms in all room categories are lovely and spacious, good linens and towels and the walk in wardrobe is a great touch. Unguents are Le Telfair's own brand, but they are plentiful and really good. Housekeeping do a very good job and rooms are serviced twice a day. Our room had a view of the river and partial view of the sea from the patio, which was nice, however we had booked and paid extra for an superior ocean view room which the other members of our party had not, and we all had the exact same outlook as we were in neighboring rooms. All our documents from ‘Mauritours’ on arrival said 'river view' and despite raising the issue with our resort host on arrival, and showing them our vouchers, which clearly said ‘ocean view room’ this was not really addressed. I think they were being kind by locating our party together, but the additional money wasn't well spent! However after a long journey with a two year old, and a pleasing enough view of the bridge, we settled on the given room, as we wanted to get on with enjoying our holiday and family celebrations that were to come.

The recreational facilities within the resort are excellent, well supervised and easy to find. The Golf Course is challenging and still maturing, but enjoyable nonetheless. The fact that Green fees are included is fantastic value. The Six Senses Spa is beautiful and the variety of treatments what you would expect from this award winning brand. The children's club ‘Ti Marmite’ is phenomenally well organised and lead by a charming team. Activities scheduled every day from boat trips to picnics and arts and crafts, as well as a huge play- room and garden with its own swimming pool. Care is taken to ensure the children are not exposed to too much sun, and that they are properly hydrated etc. The fact that this is included and available from 10am until 10pm (if you want it!) - is amazing! Our son had the time of his life, and special mention must go to Babita and Jenny who were wonderfully caring and professional. The included water sports facilities and boathouse were well located within the resort and great fun. The long stretch of beach is beautiful, with safe bathing and plenty of room between loungers. Beach service is efficient. The pool was lovely and again there was plenty of space for everyone.The hotel was initially very quiet, but much busier in our second week, Service remained good.

The choice of cuisine at Le Telfair is pretty good. Breakfast in the main dining space 'Anabella’s' is very good with lots of choice and good service. In the evening the 'show kitchen' here and its menus are a little hit and miss. Service is tentative and although extremely friendly, lacked a little flair and expertise. That being said, we do appreciate what is trying to be achieved here, namely a departure from the dreaded buffet. The open kitchen is a little gimmicky but in a way, it works. Personally we would have found it difficult to stick to the half board menu here for 14 nights, but the choices are varied and it is in a nice setting. Gin'ja is better, and has a nicer location on the beach, although again the service lets it down a little. However, the menu with its Japanese influence and seafood bias is well put together and beautifully presented. I recommend the special lobster night, but beware your half board credit does not count on these evenings, something we were found out after the event! The credit does count on other nights! We ate here a few times as its atmosphere and superb lighting make this a really lovely place to dine. The Château is better still, and just a short buggy ride away. It will remain a special place to us, as my brother got married here in the formal garden at sunset - simply stunning! The wedding 'breakfast' was exceptional. We ate here on other nights too and it was very good. It is a shame that it is only open a few days a week as it is a real asset to the resort. An à la carte or half board menu is available.

The beach/pool bar 'Le Palmier' is excellent, with lovely staff and a great casual menu during the day. It is a shame that this isn't a casual dining venue for the evening too, as it has a wonderful location.
Cavendish bar is lovely, and has friendly, efficient staff and a great cocktail menu. There is nightly, live entertainment which adds to the atmosphere. Our only slight 'winge' here is that most guests finish dinner at say 10/1030pm and the bar closes at 1130pm. On the dot of time the staff bid you farewell as they leave you to your last drink! It is very strange, because there are loads of bar staff at Cavendish, even during the day when there is no one there at all! However, a lot of the staff travel quite a distance to work here, and their transport leaves at certain times, plus noise considerations given the proximity of some of the guest rooms, probably contribute to this phenomenon. We were not looking for a nightclub scenario, and it didn't ruin our holiday at all, but it kills the atmosphere dead and it is rather a shame. It might not bother you at all, on the other hand.

All in all, I would rate Le Telfair very highly. It is an efficiently run, friendly, relaxed resort that will appeal to a broad range of people and ages. It represents very good value for money. It is a great place for a family celebration and family groups, or a romantic escape. The staff are incredibly friendly, and as has been mentioned in previous reviews, really make the place. There are designer chic hotel options in Mauritius (Le Prince Maurice/Oberoi/Taj) and the 'Grand Dame' properties Le Saint Géran et al) where you can dine courtesy of Alain Ducasse at the renowned 'Spoon des Iles'. If world class cuisine or design are an important part of your holiday experience then you would perhaps need to consider them. The location of such properties, are also on the more established parts of the Island. However, this would come at a price, as the cost of a holiday at the well marketed brand names are significantly higher than a stay at Le Telfair. These properties offer a different atmosphere and holiday altogether. Le Telfair adds to the amazing choice on offer in an exciting and developing part of Mauritius. Something for everyone.

A little word about the weather in the South during May… Simply fantastic! The sun shone all day every day with little humidity and a welcome breeze. The evenings were warm and no jumper was needed. Our party between stayed from the beginning to the end of May with little deviation to this. It might be more unpredictable here during the rainier, summer months, but I would never rule out a visit apart from during the height of the cyclone season perhaps!

One last little recommendation, if you are staying at Le Telfair and want to try something different in the evening.
Make a reservation at the outstanding ‘La Compagnie les Comptoirs’ next door at the Heritage. The Heritage and its beautiful African/Asian design comes alive at night. Most aspects overlook the beautiful slate pools and ocean. Its big open spaces and simplicity made a nice change. Ask for the exceptional Maitre'd Vinnay whose training at 'Le Gavroche' in London and various restaurants in France make this place a bit special. The whole team, on the three evenings we ate there, knew everything you would expect in a fine dining restaurant about service, the food and wine they were serving. This was a wonderful experience. They will also collect/return you to/from Le Telfair!!!! It is also better priced than Gin'ja although of course your half board credit does not count here.

All in all, a huge thank you to everyone at Le Telfair for making us very welcome, and sharing this lovely place with us. A trip to remember, and one that I would recommend, for a totally relaxing holiday in Mauritius.

Ile aux Aigrettes

by janiebaxter

Ile aux Aigrettes is a tiny rocky island 1km off the South East coast near Mahebourg. It is managed by the Mauritius Wildlife Foundation who have spent many years clearing out the introduced plants and restoring the island to its natural state with as many of the original plants and wildlife species as possible.
A guide from the island collects you from the quayside and the boat crossing to the island takes about 20 minutes. The sea here is a beautiful blue and it is a very scenic boat trip across with the odd dhow passing by.
Once on the island the guide briefs you about the history and the aims of the Mauritius Wildlife Foundations work there as well as the animals, birds and plants you will see. Our first stop was to say hello to Elizabeth one of the Giant Aldabra tortoises who is 15 years old and was ambling slowly through the trees. We then met George and Remy who are approx 45 year old tortoises.
We got a good look at the very rare and endemic Pink Pigeon as well as an Olive White Eye and a Fody. After the birds we spent some time looking at the beautiful orchids in bloom as well as learning about the Ficus, Ebony and Iron Wood Trees. We then watched a pretty Telfair skink rummaging among the leaves and shells.
Many of the animals and birds are endangered so they are monitored regularly by the staff to make sure they are healthy which means they are fairly used to people and so you are able to get quite close and watch them fairly easily. Some of the Fodies are quite curios and come to have a look at the visitors.
The tour takes about 2 hours then you have time in the gift shop, which has an interesting range of animal sculptures and some pretty souvenirs, before the boat takes you back to the mainland. Our guide was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable and we thoroughly enjoyed all the time we spent on the island. It is well worth a visit. I think entrance is about £20pp – we paid a day price for a driver, car and trip around the island.
The Mauritius Wildlfie Foundation also manages projects on Round Island and on Rodrigues.

www.mauritian-wildlife.org

A liittle disappointed...

by TripAdvisor Member MrFlip

Let me start by saying this place is actually quite nice. The resort is beautiful and the staff cannot do enough to help. Everyone is very friendly.

BUT, it's not as good as they'd like it to be. It's getting there, but it's certainly not 5* quality!

Mauritius is no Maldives "desert island"! Don't make the same mistake that I did. Mauritius is a large island, especially in comparison to the Maldives. Yes, there are blue skies and nice beaches, but Mauritius doesn't have the magic of the Maldives.

As I said - the resort is fine. But when you pay 5-star prices, you expect more than fine, so I have been very fussy about the things that weren't quite as I had hoped. You guys want to hear both sides of the story, right?

* Too many kids!! Maybe not the fault of the hotel - in fact, they advertise that they have a kids club. So why don't the kids go there?! I was on my honeymoon and didn't appreicate the sound of screaming kids and slightly older children talking about who they fancy in their class at school, when I am trying to relax by the pool. Kids in paradise?! Why?!

* Too many bugs! Sitting by the pool, there were so many flies that I had t go back to my room on two separate occasions as I was becoming frustrated.

* 5-star food? Not quite.. Chateau was disappointing - greasy foie gras - yuck! Lovely setting, but over-priced, given the quality of the food. Lobster Night at Gin'Ja (Saturday night) was good - so good that we returned for a second visit on our last night - see comments below. Annabella's was fine. Breakfast and evening meals included in Half Board accommodation, but flies around the kitchen and cold cooked breakfasts, with bacon like leather, it's nothing to write home about. Some of the staff here were not very good either - certainly not "top quality". It is so rude to clear plates away or to lean across somebody when they are eating, but this appeared to go un-noticed by more "senior" staff.

* Cost of alcohol. Again, maybe not the fault of the hotel (70 - 80% taxes set by the government), but I did object to having to pay £40 for a bottle of Rosemount Shiraz that is £7 in Tesco! Needless, to say, we went with something cheaper.
On the subject of alcohol - the bar had no atmosphere, although the bowls of Bombay Mix and freshly cooked vegatable and prawns were a nice touch. We got ripped off on our last night, by being sold two bottles of "homemade" rum for £40 and £25! The barman was not going to take 'no' as an answer! I would have had good things to say about this guy, until then!

So why did I write a "negative" review? Well, there had been a number of things that had bugged me, but I would have put them to one side. However, on our final night, I was served RAW CHICKEN satay at Gin'Ja. Yes - seared on the outside, pink in the middle! Maybe that's how Mauritians eat chicken, but I certainly don't. When I told the waiter why I didn't like it, he just asked if I wanted another starter instead - no apology. Considering we had waited an hour for our starters (when only four tables in the restaurant were occupied), I decided to wait until my main course. We then recieved our main course and dessert in about 15 minutes - I guess the waiters had sussed that it was quiet in the restaurant and they could clock off early! When the big boss brought us our bill, he asked how the meal was. When I explained about the chicken, he told me that he had 'heard about that'. So why didn't he apologise beforehand?! To make matters worse, we were charged for the raw chicken that I didn't touch!

All in all, there were some very nice things about our stay at Le Telfair - we were made to feel very welcome at such a beautiful resort, and the special treats left in our room were a nice touch, however, overall, I was disappointed by Le Telfair and will not be recommending it to anyone. It was fine, but not good enough. I am disappointed as it was our honeymoon and nothing special was laid on for us (despite me twlling them that we were celebrating!) - no flowers / petals / special meals like we had experienced in SIngapore the week before and in the Maldives when we got engaged.

Please don't let me put you off if you have already booked to go here, or if you are considering this resort for your holiday. Maybe we were just unfortunate with out experiences...

Great Resort to Recover From Safari !!

by TripAdvisor Member West Sussex Club Traveller

With a party of 5 other family members chose the Le Telfair to 'recover' following a safari in South Africa. From the moment we arrived the staff and management did all they could to make our few days stay as enjoyable as possible. Having booked 3 superior rooms my wife and I were upgraded to a junior suite - such a nice gesture! - the superior rooms however, are spacious, well equipped and of quality, as are the bathrooms. I can think of very few other hotels where this quality, room size and such amenities are provided. I would be very happy to stay in this grade of room. The junior suite however, is in a league of its own for this level of accommadation. Big room, beautiful bed, fabrics and furnishings together with the view (overlooking large fountain with views to the ocean) made this very special. The balcony was also of a good size. The bathroom, shower and other faciltites are of the highest standard and always well serviced. We dined in all the restaurants and found them to be of good quality - strange then that we were allowed to select our choice of food on a number of occasions, only then to be told what was not available, a minor issue but fraustrating, particularly at 'The Chateau', when the butler having arranged a 50th Wedding annverisary dinner with cake, special drinks, etc. to the highest standard for me, a number of items were not available from the menu! ( and why is 'Southern Comfort' not stocked ?). The 'open kitchen' at Annabella's is very unusual but very effective in getting the guest to 'engage with their food', with staff very happy to talk and explain all the dishes. Ginja's, on the beachfront, offers fish dishes ( and others) with that 'special indian ocean twist' that are a delight but can be expensive so be mindful!! .Room service at breakfast had difficulties with getting the right order to the right room BUT this was always rectified with a profuse apology and smile. On a positive note, if this is all I can find fault with, ( and it is ) then there really is not much wrong as this has occurred in many other high quality hotels I have visited.The Six Senses spa is very relaxing and coped with six of us at the same time in a calm and very serene manner. Drinks, as with all other hotels of this nature, are expensive but the prices are not hidden in any way - so just be aware. The butler service was a great help as we changed our plans on a number of occasions during our stay and these matters were dealt with without fuss and with a genuine effort to ensure we did what we wished.Sailing and snorkelling is well provided for with helpful staff and free. A beautiful resort to visit, relax and enjoy the stunning gardens, huge pool and beach at a very reasonable price. Overall, a very good place to stay for all of us, ranging from 19 yrs to 70+ and offering good value. Well worth a visit.

Total Relaxation & A Great Place For a Wedding

by TripAdvisor Member MandN

We chose Le Telfair for our wedding / holiday in May and our party had a wonderful time here. There are already many well written and positive reviews on "LT" , here are our honest thoughts on our time at the this resort.

Arriving:
Unlike some hotels Le Telfair has both style and substance, the drive in and welcome at the pleasant reception are fine - but our impression of this place got better and better as we collected our keys and walked to our room. The layout of the resort and its colonial design really works, nothing is far away but you also have your own space.

Rooms:
We were lucky enough to have a river side junior suite (thanks LT), and our room was lovely. We looked at the standard rooms and they were also extremely spacious and stylish. Rooms were well looked after and the housekeepers came twice daily, the delicious late afternoon treats were a nice touch too. We couldn't say anything negative about the accomodation - the only minor niggle was that we had to regularly ask for the in room tea, coffee, water etc to be replenished but it wasn't a big deal.

Dining:
We took the half board package which meant that breakfast and dinner was served in Annabellas. Breakfast here was consistently very good, evening meals were excellent on couple of nights, good most nights, and occassionally average. The show kitchen is fun although some may find it a bt "gimmicky". Also as others have mentioned the supplements on some fish dishes seem a little over the top. You can get a little tired of Annabellas and do have the option of dining at the Chateau or Gin'ja, your 600-700 Rupee half board allowance can be taken with you but it doesn't go far in Gin'ja. In fairness you can eat from a half board menu in the Chateau at no extra cost. We ate in both and enjoyed Gin'ja but found it to be a little expensive, we absolutely loved the Chateau on the two occassions we ate here (one being our wedding night - more later) and couldn't understand why it wasn't open every night? We also ate / drank at the pool / beach bar "Le Palmier" and enjoyed the food here, as other reviewers have said it's a real shame that LT doesn't make more use of this place after the sun sets. The Cavendish lounge is as stunning a bar as you will find anywhere and the entertainment was pretty good, however the 11PM closure seems early for a hotel of this quality. We felt that drinks were acceptably priced for a hotel in this class. In general we found the level of service to be pretty good throughout the hotel.

General Facilities:
The beach and pool areas were lovely and well serviced, we found it difficult to move away from our spot on the beach to be honest. Some of our party were golfers and we heard good things about the course and the overall golfers package - it is free for residents. The watersports were also free and seemed to be well equiped / managed, we went out on the glass bottomed boat and pedalos but were too chilled to do much else.
We did use the hotel gym which was quite good despite one grumpy instructor. We also heard very good reports about the childrens club, we concluded that if you like watersports, play golf and use the kids club you will really get top value out of LT!

Our Wedding:
We were married in the grounds of the Chateau and held a fabulous "grazing" style dinner afterwards with our party. We were able to choose from a number of locations for our ceremony and Katia, Anabelle and Pascal really helped us to prepare and plan our day.
The location and setting, plus the stunning dinner made the event very special and memorable for us all and we will always be very grateful for the help we received from the guys at LT. In case you are considering doing something similar we have a couple of comments. Firstly we opted for a violinist for our ceremony which was probably a minor mistake, we also hired the reccomended photographer and were dissapointed with his efforts, luckily one of our party took some fantastic shots which were much better. We did hire the musical trio in the evening and they were superb and helped to create a great atmosphere in the Chateau. Finally we felt that It would have been a nice touch if one of the guest realtions managers had been on hand to organise us all and act as our "MC", until the ceremony and photographs were finished.

Summary:
We have tried to be honest with this review and if our niggles seem picky it's simply because we believe that even great hotels can be bettter. Nobody should be in doubt that LT is a lovely hotel / resort and we had the best of times here. If you want to relax in a really peaceful setting this is the place for you. In general the staff here were good to us but special mentions go to Kanen at Le Palmier, and Paul / Rishi who did so much to make our wedding and honeymoon special. Also thanks to Katia, Anabelle and Pascal for their help and patience. Finally, one of the reasons we chose LT was becuase we were impressed with the managerial reponse to customers on Tripadvisor. Therefore we were a bit surprised that Mr Stedman didn't make himself known to us during our 14 nights stay as we would of had nothing but good things to say to him. Given that we, and the members of our party had spent quite a lot of money here we felt it would have been the classy thing for him to do. Richard, as we never had the chance to talk with you please accept our thanks for all that was done to make our time in LT so special.

Warm regards

Amanda & Neal

Excellent Hotel and Golf.

My wife and I had a superb time at the Telfair recently.

We booked in for a 7 night stay and we both really enjoyed ourselves. The room was excellent - always clean and of a high standard. The bedroom itself was large, it had a very comfortable bed and had a lovely balcony overlooking the river and gardens. The bathroom was equally spacious and the louvred doors by the bath opened up to give a view of the gardens. I wish I had the shower at home!

Foodwise we couldn't complain at all. Annabel's was fairly standard for breakfast but we really enjoyed the dinners there. A limited menu granted but we always found that there were multiple choices of delicious food to chose from, the food really was very good. We ate at Ginja too - delicious Japanese/fusion food by the water's edge, top quality. Lunch at the pool was a small disappointment as it was too hot for a pizza and the salad menu didn't change when we were there. Some-one else commented on the flies, yes there were flies but so what? There were no mosquito's at all by the way.

The hotel amenities are great. The pool is superb, the beach is lovely and the spa is very relaxing. The general look of the hotel is excellent too...dark woods, traditional looking room complexes and a stunning pool area at night. The bar at night is superb too, live music, relaxing chairs, great staff and little hors d'oeuvres being offered in the evenings.

As a keen golfer the agreement with the golf course is terrific....The golf course is superb, difficult enough for a challenge and enough fun to be enjoyed as a holiday course...The views are superb and it was a real pleasure to play on....Green fees are free, the only things you pay for are buggy hire, tuition and range balls...

Overall: Really good, will go back no doubt about it.

Simply fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member Nigel Walsh

its easy to know why people have written such great comments about this place. My wife and I have just returned from our 2 week honeymoon there and it was simply fabulous. It is not a 5 star resort, its easily a 6 star!

We booked this over a year ago and saw a few not so positive comments running up to our wedding and we contacted Richard, the MD prior to our arrival. He assured us to turn up, relax and enjoy - which we did, 200%! So Richard we thank you sincerely, our apologies for missing your cocktail party, we were simply jet lagged and just about made it to dinner on the first night.

With regards to the resort, this place is close to paradise. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, nothing is too much for them to assist you with. We checked in with a cocktail and cold towel and then a great tour of the resort on the way to our room. Our bags were waiting for us in the room by the time we got there!. The resort is green and lush and very mature (one of the reasons we selected this over the Taj which we read was quite sparse)

The room was spacious, well appointed, a great bathroom and comfy bed. If we had fallen off the balcony we would have landed on the beach!

The food was brilliant. We stayed half board and this was perfect. Breakfast was HUGE! every morning a buffet to die for that included everything from cooked breakfast to pastries and fruit. We ate most evening meals at Anabellas and I agree with the comment below about some supplements’ (I think we had 3 in the 14 days), however there was enough choice not to have them - although they always sounded tempting. Every evening there was a mouth-watering menu with lots of options for each course. Ginjas was also very good, however we dined there just once.

The Cavendish bar was very good, great cocktail menu – but we did manage to close the bar a few evenings, so maybe an extra hour drinking time post dinner would have been good. Equally good was the entertainment each evening, however half way through the cigar bar picked up in popularity as a tv was placed there to watch the start of the world cup!

Activity wise, we tried practically everyting! I will be known as the guy that cant water ski, but never gave up! We played golf, used the golf clinic, played tennis, took out a few fun boats, went mountain biking, used their great gym and of course used the spa. All the activities were free (bar club hire). The spa was beautiful and very very relaxing with professional staff - the Mauritian journey massage was a real treat for 2 1/2 hours of treatment together! Scuba diving was offered too and was very reasonably priced (PADI). We also took a tour to Port Louis and Curepipe and hired a driver for the day.

The staff were super friendly and efficient. Nothing was ever too much. Anil, your restaurant was fantastic every night and the team a true testament to you. The team including Vikesh, Manoj, Joe, Iqfaq, Mukesh, Jennifer, Ishfaaq and all of the team were brilliant – we thank you for making our honeymoon so memorable! (sorry I’ve missed so many of you). Maurice, your bike tour to Le Morne was brilliant, even when my bike broke a new one was delivered to a dirt track on the back of a pick up and we were on our way again!

Weather - we had 2 or 3 off (cloudy) days, but its there winter and even then we just relaxed, read, borrowed a DVD (free of course) from their shop and relaxed...

Again, this place is simply fabulous and true testament to excellent customer service. For a resort that is only 18 months old, there is a lot that can be learned from looking at the Telfair as an example of what great looks like! You just have to see how many other resorts managers respond to peoples comments on tripadvisor!

We look forward to returning soon!

Emma & Nigel Walsh

South Area

by trasgugrao

Two questions about southern part of the island for mid December.

1. What about wind ..? And what about beaches (in Le Telfair area), are they typical transparent water and white sand or shall I expect another thing ??
2. Staying there at a resort (Le Telfair) is there any possibility to have lunch out from the resort in a not so far away place ?? If there is, how can I get there and estimated price to go??

Thanks in advance and sorry for too much questions..

RE: South Area

by phdi

hello
the places you mension are very remote if you want to go out in the evening you should stay in the grand baie, pereybere area, the south is very windy in december thats not to bad temperatures are high in that time. the only way to move around is to take a taxi prices depend you can discus or ask to put the meter on if your a tourist look out for the price askt