January is hot humid and cyclone season. Most accomodation is high end with the odd 3 stars and self catering, especially at Flic en Flac to the west, and Perybere and Grand Baie to the north. Google Mauritius Apartments and you should come up with something. Even 2* are relatively expensive. Coin de Mire in the north is one of the cheaper nicer hotels (Stayed there) Owned by Veranda Group. Tamarin Hotel to west is also a lovely little gem. Stayed there a few times too. But mainly its 4 and very overpriced 5* places and most hotels are upgrading all the time. Good luck.
We enjoyed our 2 stays at the Coin de Mire. Good value for money. Pleasant gardens, rooms large and spacious, staff attentive and friendly. Small but has everything you need with good ambience and pleasant staff. Tennis courts and small gym and spa give it a luxurious feel for all its 2 stars.
Hotel Coin de Mire
The Coin de Mire hotel is a small simple hotel but convivial dominant the lagoon of Bain Boeuf, between the village of Grand Baie (4 km) with its multitudes of restaurants, bars, boutiques... and the restful village of Cap Malheureux (to the North of the island).
A small inshore road separates the hotel of a lagoon with a beautiful view on the island of Coin de Mire.
- It is a hotel ideal to live his vacations freely : station of bus close by.
- The hotel is situated to Grand Baie, animate sea resort.
- This small hotel, to the architecture mauricienne, is very well kept. Several pavilions of a floor shelter 75 simple rooms with plafonnier (air-conditioning in the superior rooms), room of shower, W-C, telephone, terrace or balcony.
Bar to the swimming pool, restoring, track of dance, lounge of television, parking lot,.
Sports and leisures:
- Free : Swimming pool with basin for the children, free diving (masks and tubas), boat in depth of glass, kayaks, paddle boats, sailboard, pétanque, volleyball.
- With involvement : Daily shuttle by the sea verse Grand Baie (20 min.), billiards, renting of VTT, cruise by catamaran.
- Sporty or playful activity program in the day, spectacle of séga and orchestra in the evening.
Infos Truths :
- It is necessary to cross a road to go to the beach.
- The rooms are of simple comfort.
L'hôtel propose les offres suivantes: Offres non cumulables. Du 1er mai au 31 juillet et du 1er au 30 septembre 2003 :
- Voyages de Noces : pour un séjour de 7 nuits minimum avec un certificat de mariage de moins de 9 mois, la mariée a 50% de réduction sur la nuit et 20% de réduction pour le couple sur une journée complète en catamaran (journée entière), une bouteille de vin mousseux, tee-shirts et un panier de fruits dans la chambre à l'arrivée.
- Après 7 nuits payantes, bénéficiez jusqu'à 07 nuits additionnelles en hébergement seul gratuit, la demi pension est obligatoire à régler sur place 29€ par adulte et 22€ par enfant (3-11 ans), par jour.
Mauritius hidden gem
Gorgeous hotel, only marked as a 2* but definitely worth 3 or 4*. Great food, service and room. Entertainment everynight apart from Sunday. Small beach across the road, but plenty of sunbeds for the guests. They run plenty of free watersports and run a glass bottomed boat for your pleasure. 2 pools to enjoy, one around the bar which serves lovely bar snacks until 5pm. There is a kids club for families. I'd say this hotel is more for couples. Lovely romantic break, the staff can't do enough. Exceptional food, especially the breakfast, every breakfasts from around the world served. Great friendly staff. Gardens are gorgeous.
Coin De Mire
The odd shaped island of Coin De Mire is a landmark in Mauritius and can be best seen from Cap Malheureux on a clear day. This island is uninhabited and formed from volcanic activities.
Coin de mire hotel
I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this hotel?
Is the beach clean and safe for children? What is the food like? The atmosphere, pool, location etc...
I would be grateful for any reviews.
RE: Coin de mire hotel
You have to cross the road to get to the beach. Nice view from there.