Sands Resort & Spa

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• a5floor's Profile Photo

The Sands Resort part I

In 2012 I was in Mauritius. I was there for 2 weeks. During this period, I stayed at the Sands Resort. It was a nice hotel/resort.

I stayed in a Deluxe room. While booking this trip, breakfast and dinner was included. If you want, you can add lunch to it. But I didn't do that because I did day trips for several days.

The Sands Resort is the last one build in the area (opened in 2001). It is 4 start resort/hotel. The resort has 91 Deluxe rooms and 1 ocean suite. All the rooms are facing the ocean and having a balcony or terrace. There is also a swimming pool (from one angel it looks like it floats into the ocean). If you want, you can use one of the water sports facilities (water skiing, sailing, pedal boat, kayak, glass bottom boat, windsurfing, snorkeling, aquagym and wake boarding) for free. For these water sports facilities you have to pay: PADI diving centre, dolphin watching trips by boat, speed boat, sunset cruise, catamaran and big game fishing. There is also a gym, spa and tennis court

Unique Quality: Nice room and atmosphere.

Directions: There is only one road going to the hotel (entering Flic-en-Flacq).

• APaulo's Profile Photo

By the ocean

To enjoy the beach in Flic-en-Flac, it is imperative to reside in one of the hotels on the beach as the village itself and its unique public beach is a bit limitative, especially on weekends when mauritians go to the beach.

More about The Sands Resort

Stunning Location

by krissy8 about The Sands Resort and Spa

Stayed here 14 nights in May. In scenic location overlooking Tamarin Bay and Le Morne, with lovely beach, large rooms and extra large bathrooms with walk in wardrobe and separate bath and shower. We were lucky to get the room right at the end and so had advantage of two balconies and a side window looking directly to Tamarin. The accomodation was detached so no one next door, though we shared an outside landing with one other guest.
Rooms serviced twice daily, with choccies on pillows and turndown service. Bathrobes and slippers provided. Beds large and comfy; pillows soft and just right!
Good selection of toiletries replenished daily. Gym good with Personal Trainer. Spa provides good selction of treatments and also hairdressers. Staff so nice and helpful.
We were totally spoiled.
Infinity pool amazing.
Loved the place. Few children, mostly couples. Views to die for.
Large very spacious rooms and bathrooms.
General overall service.

LUXURY ON THE BEACH IN RWANDA

by DAO about LAKE KIVU SERENA HOTEL

On the beach in landlocked Rwanda? Oh, yes! Lake Kivu is the 6th largest lake in Africa and essentially an inland sea with great white-sand beaches. Combined with great facilities and you have the best hotel experience in Rwanda. The Kivu Sun is a luxury 4-5 star hotel with its own beach and lots of outdoor facilities. On a clear day or hour you can see the rolling green Rwandan Hills, the colossal mountains across the water in DRC and the Virunga Volcano National Park on the same side of the lake just a few kilometres a way. They have a large swimming pool, lush green gardens, the great looking Kivu Sands Restaurant and first rate rooms. In fact all meals are served in the partially open-air dinning room that overlooks the lake. In the evening you can have a few sundowners at the Lake View Bar & Terrace. You pay the price for what you get and I could not afford to stay here. I did heave a leisurely stroll around and did relax for a bit in their beach front gardens.

The hotel sometimes hosts the Kwita Izna- Gorilla naming ceremony when the president of Rwanda invites famous people to name gorillas and make donations to the preservation of these rare animals. .

So if you want the only beach in Rwanda and the best hotel on the beach – this is the hotel for you. Its not only UN types around the pool. You can also meet some of the Rwandan rich and famous at play.

All rooms are air-conditioned and they have several luxury suites and family rooms.

* New water sports facility with canoeing and excursion boat rides to Umucyo Island
* Outdoor swimming pool, 2 tennis courts and indoor gym
* Full conference facilities and a boardroom
* All rooms with full amenities including satellite TV, A/C, Mini-bar, nice bathrooms
* Organised tours of the local area and over the border into DRC
* Spa with full services
* Less than 3 kilometres from the Primus Brewery

Snorkelling

by jiminysimmo

Obvious I suppose everyone who visits the Indian Ocean should go snorkelling. We went on a trip organised by White Sands tours to a point just south west of Morne Brabant. Excellent snorkelling. Whilst people snorkel the crew of the catamaran prepared BBQ Marlin which was gorgeous.

African coasts

by dr.firas

The African Coasts are truly amazing, from all categories, the beach, the sea, Ocean and the sands!
in some superb hotels like the one we stopped Sofitel Marinasmir , it is made for your pleasure and comfort!

A warm Mauritian welcome

by TripAdvisor Member VickieG

My husband and I have just returned from the Sands Resort after two of the most wonderful weeks. I can honestly say it is the best resort we have been to - the location was perfect, with beatiful views across the bay. It is actually winter there but the permanent breeze suited us and we had some lovely hot days. (If I had to be picky about anything, then it was only the fact the the swimming pool was not heated, not a problem in their summer but it was too cold to stay in for long). The staff were a delight, especially the beach waiters and the entertainments manager - although I shouldn't really single any one out - they were all special. They could not do enough for us - they really are the most charming people. The resort really suits couples or at least groups of adults, there isn't very much for teenagers to do, although there were some families staying there and teenagers too. There was local musical entertainment every night which was really of International standard - absolutely first class and make sure you try the sega dancing! The food in the main restaurant was very good but you must book a meal (or two or three) in the Spices restaurant - delicious menu. The room was lovely (cleaned to a very high standard) with an enormous bathroom, separate loo and dressing room. The Sands is a Five star resort with five star service, entertainment and amenities, lots of water sport activities and the spa is a must for everyone - lots of delicious treatments. If you want a perfect place to unwind and recharge those batteries, go to the Sands Resort (but don't tell too many people - keep it for yourselves).

Really good stay

by TripAdvisor Member masterkalander

We stayed at the Sands for 7 days and really enjoyed it. Room and bathroom was larger then expected for the price we paid and the amenities were sufficient. We specifically selected this hotel for its chef and the French/Mauritien fusion food and were not diappointed. But to us what really made the difference were the people working at Sands going into lenghts to address specific needs. As I had my birthday the staff helped my wife tremendously in arranging an on the spot surprise for me.
The layout of the resort is modern and the facilties were clean. Garden well maintained but not too large. Beach is nice white sand and the real advance is the wave breaker in front of the resort. Adjacent resorts do not have these and the sea is more rough there. I do have to say that with children the resort has little facilities, but for couples it is just perfect. I made my trip from India using ---
Freek Varossieau

Awesome!

by TripAdvisor Member SaraWesternAustralia

Everything was good----- rooms, food, staff, overall ambience, weather-- could not fault it !!! You will have read the previous reviews and I agree with all the good comments, We looked at this site before we went and found it to be a very good representation of what is on offer at The Sands. We certainly felt that it was not necessary to pay for a more expensive hotel as this was 5* luxury.
As has been mentioned before you do need to take some shoes for going into the sea as there is a lot of coral--- we live in Australia so were very happy that there are no sharks or poisonous jellyfish to contend with and the lagoon off the hotel beach is a very safe place to swim and do water sports.
Lovely walk along the beach to Wolmar and you get to "sticky- beak " all the other hotels and see that the Sands is the best!!!!
Sight seeing is great--- we took a local taxi for 2 days, very cheap, and then you can do it all at your own pace. The forests and gorges in the Black River National Park are wonderful, We enjoyed Port Louis-- but avoid the rush hour as there is a lot of traffic!!!
But really do not miss the Casela Nature Park--- very near to the Sands, it is billed as a Bird Park, which it is, but has so much more. We did a quad bike safari through the game reserve where apart from the thrills of the route you get to see some animals close up including Zebra and Giant Tortoises.
But the highlight of our holiday had to be the "Lion Encounter"at Casela.
They have rescued orphan lion cubs from S Africa and it is possible to firstly go into the enclosure with all six of them ,and then go for a good hours walk through the bush with two lions-- it was so nice to see then roaming free!! They are 10 months old now so quite big and fierce!!! Certainly an experience we will not forget and we nearly did not go!!!
Overall our holiday experience-- both the Sands resort and the Island of Mauritius-- was one of the best!! Enjoy!!

Without a fault!

by TripAdvisor Member t123London

I highly recommend staying at the sands in Mauritius. Everything was simply perfect. Our experience echos everything that has already been said in these reviews.
The hotel is small, but no means any less professional. In fact, I would say it was actually a 5 star and not a 4.
The staff were accommodating and attentive, and you really couldn't ask for anything more.!

Perfect wedding

by TripAdvisor Member PeakyLancashire

Our wedding day at the Sands was perfect: all the formalities were arranged by MauriTours, the ceremony was tastefully conducted by the registrar from Bambous, the gazebo next to the beach was beatifully decorated, we were served champagne, in the evening a wonderful meal in Spices Restaurant, and the final touch was the room, arranged with flowers and candles. It really couldn't get much better.
And the rest of the holiday/honeymoon, was lovely: the staff, as everyone says, are really friendly and helpful - and there are lots of them! It is a perfect setting, by a nice beach, overlooking the bay with the mountains in the distance.
Only caution would be that June is part of their winter, so it was cloudy and cool a few times, particularly in the pool and sea.

Gorgeous sands at Trou - Aux - BicheGorgeous sands at Trou - Aux - Biche

by redtester

We are off to the Sands Resort - Wolmar in February 2005.

I have scoured the web looking for any reports on this resort but can find virtually nothing.

Can anyone provide any kind of feedback about it please

Re: The Sands Resort

by sapsiwai

I dont think you have anything to worry about. Sand resorts is a very reputable one.

Comments