Royal Road, Grand Baie

Costs 58% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Ocean Villas

Hotel with Ocean view

by Mirtsa about Ocean Villas

It is just some 15 minutes to walk on foot to/from Grand Bay. Of course, there is a very nice ocean view, big garden, pool. Stylish and couzy hotel.

Welcome to ALONA's Mauritius Page ............

by ALONA

Mauritius is not only sea, sun and beaches. The island has much more to offer. At Ocean Villas, you can get the best guide or the maximum information possible and quality service.
(Click to enlarge the picture)

How is Ocean Villas

by Smiley123

Hi,
I am planning to stay at the Ocean Villas in the Grand Baie area for 10 days. Can anyone tell me how it is. How is the beach at the locations and the water sports facilities.
Any additional informations (besides what is at their website ) will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: How is Ocean Villas

by cleocat

Haven't been to ocean villas myself. Had a look at their website as well and it looks great. Grand baie is wonderful and a lot of water activities and boat trips can be done from there. Beaches around Grand Baie i found nice is Perybere and we normally stay at point Cannoinare where the beach is nice as well. About 5 min from Grand Baie.

Hope it helps

Re: How is Ocean Villas

by phdi

the ocean villas are nice, it depent your budget and the number of people. grand baie is a bit over priced.
you can stil look at www.trochetia.com thats a place where i stayed very nice and cheap.
regards
phdi

Mauritius - Ocean Villas

by samgeeth

We are a family of 4 and would like to check if anyone out there has stayed in Ocean Villas, in the Grand Bay area of Mauritius

Would also like to check out the villas offered by Island Safari? Has anyone has first hand experience.

We are simply looking for a quiet place, close to restaurants (Italian and Indian food) and good security. All suggestions welcome.

Thanks and regards,

SRS

Re: Mauritius - Ocean Villas

by Partyhat

Ocean villas is a complex of appartments where you have access to the beach. It is however not recommended to get in the water. The Villas are not in the centre of Grand Baie where you have all the restaurants and shops, but there are some restaurants within walking distance. I would suggest that you book a villa or bungalow, as we call it here, right on the beach in regions like Trou Aux Biches, Pereybere, Grand Baie. I stayed at Villas Rhapsodie and I enjoyed it a lot. I booked through the Grand Baie Travel and Tours. http://www.gbtt.com
Security wise you should take some precautions like not leaving your belongings in the car or in the bungalow with the windows open. I would suggest you rent a car or hire a taxi for entire day to visit the island.

Re: Re: Mauritius - Ocean Villas

by kiwibuyer

Help....we have reservations to stay at Ocean Villas in March.....why are we not able to go in the water? This is the first I have heard that we cannot go swimming there!

Re: Re: Mauritius - Ocean Villas

by Partyhat

Hi
I am not saying that Ocean Villas is not a good place to stay what I am saying is that the beach in front of Ocean Villas is not the best , well not even average of what you can have around the island. In Grand Bay all beach front does not have the same sandy beach, On the other side of Grand Bay where the Verranda Hotel and Royal Palm hotel are the beach is one of the best you can have. Maybe you can stay in Ocean Villas for the first days and then move on to another accomodation if you dont like the place. You will see plenty of those Bungalows for rent walking along the main street of Grand Bay. Hope you have a good time during your stay.

Swimming at Ocean Villas

Help!!

Someone in a previous posting said that it was not recomended to swim at Ocean Villas.......we have staying there in March and this is the first I have heard that we cannot swim there (although it would not be in the Hotel's best interest to advertise this!) Why are you not able to swim there? Any information anyone can give who has stayed there would be really welcome. We had to pay ahead of time so we are out of luck changing where we are staying but it would be really helpful to know what we can expect.

Thanks!!!

Re: Swimming at Ocean Villas

by jasminder

Hi, I stayed at Ocean Villas in Oct/Nov 2004 and thought I would advise you about swimming in the sea there.

By all means you can but the sea there is full of floating things (sea weed, twigs, plastic bottles) and is a bit rough aswell. There are much better beaches to swim in (Pereybere, Trou Aux Biches). Also you will find that it is very windy at the beach there.

Apart from that Ocean Villas is a nice place, the bar is well stcked (ask for a Green Island rum and see how much you get!!) and also enjoy the breakfast as it is great.

Also the pizza place across the road is pretty good!

Re: Re: Swimming at Ocean Villas

by kiwibuyer

Thanks so much for your advice! Sounds as if it might not be the best if you are having to swim around bottles and such. Thanks for the other tips as well. I am glad to hear that overall it is a nice place to stay!

Comments