Pointe Jerome, Mahebourg, 00000, MU

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 33% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Preskil Beach Resort

nice hotel in south

by hanspeter_W. about le preskil ex croix du sud

Le Preskîl Beach Resort, Mauritius, of typical Creole architecture, is truly a haven of peace set in a luxuriant tropical garden overlooking three idyllic white sandy beaches. The 4 star resort borders a lagoon, which offers an exceptional stretch of unique crystal clear blue water, leading to the astonishing marine park of Blue bay and offering panoramic view over l'Ile aux Aigrettes.

Accommodation
Le Preskîl offers 200 rooms, spread out harmoniously into one-storey colourful units across the peninsula, in 3 categories with 132 standard rooms (30m²), 54 Superior rooms (42m²) and 14 Deluxe rooms (62m²).

The rooms, presenting different styles, provide a comfortable and warm setting for an unforgettable stay at the hotel; be it the “Zananas” rooms, seductive by their exotic originality; the “Duo” rooms especially conceived for honeymooners leading directly to the beach; an finally the “Cottages” and “Penthouse” rooms designed with a colonial touch and offering a sublime view over the lagoon, the Lion mountain and l’île aux Aigrettes.

All the rooms lead onto a balcony or a terrace and are equipped with air-conditioning, colour television (international satellite channels) telephone with direct international access, internet connection, mini bar, electronic safe, hair dryer, tea and coffee facilities.

Very nice stay

by TripAdvisor Member mr_mojo_risin

Stayed at the preskil in April 2008. My wife and I very much enjoyed our stay here. Room was a good size for us and our resident gecko seemed to like it as well. I thought the service at the hotel was good and rooms were kept very clean by housekeeping. The food and drinks were good, we stayed all inclusive and this meant didn't have to worry about the price of anything. The buffet meals we enjoyed most night. We did go the Steak house restaurant (15 euro supplement each) and would highly recommend it. The beach restaurant was also very nice and we both enjoyed the massive paella. The beach was nice, didn't seem that big but there was always plenty of room. My wife enjoyed the spa. I would definately stay at this hotel again.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kingdom60

Just returned to UK from a month at Le Preskil where we had a fantastic holiday. Weather wasnt good, really bad storms for the first week but it improved(been to Mauritius in May before and weather is usually good). Staff are excellent and couldnt do enough for you. There are not a lot of british guests as it is mainly marketed in France. It is close to the airport but we were not disturbed by noise. We are both divers and highly recommend the school, we were very well looked after and the boat is excellent. Because of the weather we mainly did lagoon dives but on two occasions when weather permitted we went outside the reef and the diving was fantastic with sharks, large tuna,parrot fish etc . Would definitely return.,

Great holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Zimdeck

We would like to say a huge thank you to everyone at Preskil for making our 2007 Christmas and New Year amazing.

After a bit of a stressful arrival in Mauritius - our luggage was left behind in Dubai for a bit, we arrived on the 23 Dec 07 to small piece of paradise and didn't leave for 13 nights.

Everyone was extremely friendly and accommodating and the resort made such an effort for Christmas and New Year.

All we wanted to do was relax and enjoy the sun and that is exactly what we did. I agree sometimes the service was a bit slow, but what's the rush - we're on holiday! We got chatting to the staff and they looked after us and we never waited very long.

We upgraded to a villa - 328, the room was lovely and spacious and the bed was huge as was the bath.

The food in the main restaurant was fine with a wide selection and I would recommend dinning in the Chakka restaurant - the steak just melts in your mouth.

On the whole we had a lovely holiday, so again thank you.

Very mixed experience

by TripAdvisor Member juliangh

I have stayed here twice previously my last visit being in 2004 and had no qualms about going back.
On arrival my check in experience was wonderful, my room was fine, its location was perfect so I was looking forward to a wonderful holiday.
This hotel has great potential but it clearly has problems. On previous visits the service was friendly and reasonably efficient. On this occasion the hotel was fairly full and the restaurant and bar service was poor, very poor. On my first evening I was half way through my main course before a bar waiter approached me, I ordered a bottle of wine but I had finished my meal before the wine appeared. On most occasioned I was never offered a drink.
Service in the bars is little better, the staff are friendly enough but unmotivated to provide a service. After a couple of days I got the message and went to the local superette and got the same drinks at a fraction of the price.
South Africans be warned. Pricing in Rands is expensive verging on serious rip off. Local beer is from 3 Euros, can of coke 2.5 euros, hotel laundry will was a tee shirt for 4 euros, a shot of local scotch 5 euros, grilled ham and cheese sandwich through room service 11 euros (inclusive of 4 eur tray charge). OK so we are in Africa and labour costs are notoriously expensive, eh ? What?
The breakfast is standard Holiday Inn fare. Coffee is served by waitrons but by the end of my trip I was routinely serving myself. Dinner is of uneven quality.
The snorkelling trips are great fun, room cleaning service is great, the grounds and pools are well maintained but elsewhere there is evidence of sloppiness - dirty dinner mats etc.
I would go back but only on an all inclusive basis although I would investigate better value for money elsewhere first but Le Preskil has to get its restaurant/bar service jacked up. This is definitely not 4 star.

A bit resorty - but nice

by TripAdvisor Member cdsw

We needed an overnight hotel near the airport so booked in here. It is beautifully located and the rooms are pleasant, if a little small and basic for the price, and the rooms are quite close together so one really feels close to one's neighbours. The buffet was varied and very good.
The negative point were the check-in and check-out processes which were so detailed and cumbersome as to be almost surreal. On check-in I felt like saying to the hotel staff: 'I only want to stay in this hotel, not buy it!' - as they were asking us so many questions and giving so much information I felt like I was being scrutinized as if asking for a mortgage, not just checking in for a brief overnight stay. Check-out took half an hour even though we had no extras and had only stayed one night!

Something missing

by TripAdvisor Member jwmgb

I agree with other reviews regarding food and drinks. We had read some of the reviews before we went, which we found helpful. As we were all inclusive, being aware of inclusive drinks only until 11pm, and ordering drinks, well I recomend you order triple. I really couldn't work out why it took over 20mins to receive a drink. Cocktails well could be better. Our room was pleasant but over the drains so an unpleasant smell walking up to the room. Water sports we thought good value as water skiing also free. Staff friendly but slow. Buffet varied lunchtime better than evening. We hired a car drove all over the island. I also used the spa which was excellent, nails and massage. Snokelling a little disappointed, the Maldives really is better on many levels. Can't imagine staying more than a week, but probably would not visit the island again.

Beautiful resort with excellent staff.

by TripAdvisor Member st5om

Spent 10 days here in early December. It came in at 10 days all inclusive including flights from London at £3500. The resort was beautiful and every need was catered for with top notch attentive staff.
The lagoon room we had was beautifully maintained with room service twice a day. We loved the wet room and the view from the balcony across the sea to the mountain ranges in the distance.
The all inclusive meals were fantastic night after night and unlike most all inclusive buffets where you are left to it, here you are completely attended to as if in a normal restaurant. Many thanks to Rakesh who attended to us on many nights there. Following dinner there is usually a cabaret dance show but is on a revolving week long schedule so gets repetitive.
The pool scene was excellant and with the choice of two pools plus a childrens pool you could actually escape to the second (deep) pool and get away from the - usually screaming - french kids! Again, waiting staff were prevalent and would fetch and carry drinks or fresh fruit to you either beside the pool or on the beach.
Whilst we were there it was my partners birthday and completely unprompted or requested they brought out a cake and dimmed the lights and all sang happy birthday. I can only assume they matched up the passport birthday dates to the people that were celebrating whilst they were there. This really was going that step further in making guests feel welcome.
The big disapponitment of the place was the beach. The resort itself is located on a lagoon that you go over a small bridge to enter but the sandy side appeared man made although there was a lot of it and the sand itself was rough like builders sand. In Mauritius I was expecting to have golden sand that was fine and we were disappointed - particularly at that price. The brochure pictures do not look like the sand actually was.
Try the Steak house restaurant some night....................food again was delicious but not included in all inclusive which is a bit of a con when you've already paid a lot to go there to begin with. Again, all inclusive cocktails are rum based and local so if you want a "nice" cocktail that you normally would choose then again you have that additional expense.
The spa is certainly worth a try. We had relaxing massages (fell asleep); Reiki healing (fell asleep) and a facial (yelped and howled as every pore was pummelled and every black head dug out with a special tool!!). Give it a try! The staff there, like all the other staff were absolutely adorable!
With hindsight, I wish we had stayed there for 2-3 days at the beginning and 2-3 days at the end and spent a week in another part of the Island as many other people seem to have done. After going all that distance it seems a shame that the only part of the Island we actually saw was on the South part of the Island and the town of Mahebourg. The north part of the Island seems to have so much more in terms of sights and we heard from other Mauritius regulars that the beaches in the true touristy area in the North were more idyllic and powdery. All in all it was a first class resort let down only by its poor quality beach. I'm uploading pictures so you can decide for yourselves!

Great place

by TripAdvisor Member YorkshireLiz

We have just returned from two weeks holiday in this super hotel. the staff were excellent, the rooms great and no problem is too much trouble.
Only one small flaw - the drinks were too expensive , in my opinion

Was it worth it?

by TripAdvisor Member SwindonMaggots

Was it worth it ?
3 questions.
Was it worth the 12 hour flight?.
Was it worth the money ?.
Would we go back ?.
Says it all really, as they say location, location, location.
15 minutes from the airport.
Best air conditioning we have ever had.
Views to die for.
Do not forget to get out of the hotel and visit the rest of this idyllic Island, by taxi, £45 for 5 hours for 2.
The local bus into MahBourg costs, wait for it, 2 pence thats right 2 pence. All right the only things that work are the brakes and engine but thats the fun.
Bananas on one palm tree growing outside your room, at the back and coconuts growing on another palm at the front of your room, what can I say.
Go and see for yourself.

chalets and garden of le preskilchalets and garden of le preskil

garden and beach of le preskilgarden and beach of le preskil

Mauritius Hotels -any advice

by petertktan

Hi MRU Vters!

This is going to be my second trip to Mauritius and as usual, it will be for business rather than pleasure! Stayed somewhere in Quatrre Borne opposite the taxi stand and next to the weekend flea market(forgot the hotel name!)last year but would like to explore possibilities of staying in downtown or Flic en Flac if it is not too far way from the industrial area.

Can anyone recommend a place USD100 or less in the above places. Waterfront Hotel is okay but I heard it is very expensive and there isn't really much of an alternative in downtown Port Louis. Grand Baie is too far. Haven't been to Flic en Flac, wondering how it is like?

As I will be using MRU as my hub for further travels to Africa, can anyone recommend any hotels near the airport that provides a good rate for hotel and transfers? Stayed at Le Preskil last time courtesy of MK but my agent says they might not extend this privilege to me anymore!

Thanks folks!