Wolmar, Flic En Flac, Mauritius

Costs 39% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa

by Yiweng

My wife and I are planing to visit in late September to early October for seven nights. After browsing aroung the web, we have shortlisted two hotels - "Dinarobin Hotel" and "Taj Exotica Resort & Spa".
Friend has put good words for Dinarobin Hotel and we got quite a lot information. But we do not have much information for Taj Exotica. It seems to be a very recently built Resort. Is there anyone who been to this resort can give me some advices:
1. Does Taj Exotica have same beautiful private sand beach?
2. Since this is a new Hotel, are there any unfinished building works within the resort?
3. We want to do some water activities, especially scuba diving, does Taj Exotica provide good water activities?
4. Any other tips will be very much appreciate.

Thanks.

RE: Taj Exotica Resort & Spa

by Tanyaste

THIER ARE SOME REVIEWS ON THIS HOTEL ON
WWW.tripadvisor.com.

You may find it interesting reading

Tanya

RE: Taj Exotica Resort & Spa

by Tashi3

Hi, I note you say you have good words for Dinarobin and quite a lot of information. I am planning to get married here in September/October 2006 and I would be really grateful if you could share some of your information with me?

Taj exotica or Royal Palm for honeymoon?

by maxy14

My Fiance and I want to go to mauritius at the end of april.We are travelling from Australia. We are deciding between the Taj Exotica and royal palm. We are going for nine days. Could anyone help me which hotel would be better for a honeymoon location?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thankyou.
Maxy

by mickli

Hi,

Well, both are 5* hotels. I would tend to prefer the Royal Palm for its location (north-west). But you are sure to enjoy your honeymoon in both hotels.

Michael

by chikidee

Dear Maxy,
Unfortunately, I don't know the Royal Palm hotel.
But when I visited the Taj Exotica, I wasn't really impressed!
Of course, the rooms are big and stylish, but somehow it all feels a bit cold!
Also the garden was not lush at all but rather dry!
When we walked through the hotel, we only saw very few people and it seemed very quiet!
Well, for a honeymoon that might be good! But it all felt a bit sterile and just a bit too quiet!
Maybe this is just what you are looking for, but for me it wouldn't be the right hotel!
Have a great trip!

by thedodo

I have to go with Royal Palm which is the best hotel in Mauritius. Another hotel you can look at is Dinarobin, its quite stunning as well.

by chikidee

Or the Oberoi Hotel! This is probably the best hotel on the west coast!
The style is quite similar to the Taj Hotel, also very stylish and modern. Some villas also have their private pool!...
I thought that the atmosphere in the Oberoi was much nicer! The garden is very green, there are a lot of flowers! It just has a warmer, homelier feel about it but still very luxurious!!

by thedodo

The Oberoi is a great hotel too but the beach in front of oberoi is not that great. The location of Oberoi is not that good either, its in a remote town with nothing to visit.

Honeymoon

by Jules1970

Hi,

I am visiting Mauritus mid May 05 for my honeymoon. I really like the Heritage hotel, but I am concerned about the weather on the North coast this time of year. Alternatively I like Legends but again this is on the south coast and would weather not be good there either??

I have been advised to stick to the West coast as I love the sun but I would like to go all inclusive and the best hotels on that side for accomodation are only half board like the Hilton etc.

Any advice would be greatlt appreciated

Many thanks

Jules

Re: Honeymoon

by Caro315

May is the beginning of winter time. Stick to Flic en Flac or Trou aux Biches hotels. Although it is an average of 23degrees, it gets quite windy during the winter time (especially in the north as I recall my last stay in a hotel in Pereybere > North). Prince Maurice is nice as well but it's in the east coast.

Re: Honeymoon

by dav25

H Jules

The best coast in Mauritius is The West Coast .
If you want a nice ,peaceful & holidays in a 4* luxury hotel
I would suggest the Sands Resort which is a hideway for couples seeking tranquility,comfort and personalized services . The struture of the hotel is
ideal for Honeymooners .
visit the website which is www.thesands.info

Rgds and wishing you a nice and wonderful holidays in Paradise

rgds
dm

Re: Re: Honeymoon

by vienna-resident

I thought of the Heritage too - but the first reviews on www.holidaycheck.de (unfortunately in german, but understandable in parts) were not really great (no silence, lot of noise and children, not enough sundbeds, one restaurant not open yet, seaview only from 2 of 8 buildings, service unexperienced,...)

So I booked the new Taj Exotica Resort instead - it's more expensive, but they have a stay 7, pay 5 special until the end of april.

Comments