Palmar Beach Resort

Coastal Road, Belle Mare, Mauritius

More about Palmar Beach Resort

Paradise ?

by KyliesDad

"The beautiful island of Mauritius"

My wife and I visited Mauritius to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary. We stayed at the 'La Palmar' beach resort. This place is as close to paradise than I have ever been. The sea was turquoise and the sand was white. The place was simply idyllic.

"The Hotel"

The hotel was very very comfortable and extremely clean. The open plan reception area with the magificent fish ponds was stunning. The roof space was all polished wood, fantastic. The biggest surprise I had was during our Rep talk, I had to visit the washroom facilities in reception. Oh my god, there where colourful flowers floating in two of the four hand basins, not only that the bowls of cinnamon filled the air with the nicest fragrance. I had to walk back outside to make sure I hadn't made a mistake. No, the Ladies was exactly the same (wife told me). As I previously mentioned the rooms were very very comfortable, king size bed etc. The maid would make the bed everyday with little floral gifts or anything at hand. The bathroom was extremely clean, again fresh flowers in the wash basons everyday. Are you starting to get the picture ?

The restaurant was open plan and open to the weather, hard life. The staff were very attentive, so much so I was not allowed to carry a plate with a single bread roll back to my table. The people were so pleasant. I cannot begin to mention the food, let me just say Marvellous. This is one place I am really looking forward to going back to.

"The view"

No matter where you looked in the resort there was beauty. Form the Flora and forna to the sea. This place was breath taking at times. My description cannot and does this hotel any justice. The majority of the island is protected by a reef, you can see the white water created by the reef on th photo opposite. You can also see where the reef came to with respect to the beach, approx 20 metres away. This enabled you to walk out to the reef and see a multitude of tropical fish in their natural environment. If you go you will see.

Beach at Le VictoriaBeach at Le Victoria

Creoles....customary dance.Creoles....customary dance.

Self Portrait of PEMSelf Portrait of PEM

Tower with ecological solariumTower with ecological solarium

le palmar beach resort.

by monty18

Hi, Would welcome some views on the hotel, also what sort of weather we could expect middle of august for two weeks.Thankyou

RE: le palmar beach resort.

by tuktuker

It is their winter at that time. Should be much drier (which is a relief from the rainy unbearably humid hot weather in January) Probably less rain, lower 20s C with rougher ocean (might not be able to swim) but sunnier. I guess it depends on what you prefer to determine if this is the right time for you :)

shore fishing in mauritius?

by andypatfishing

hi there.wondering if anyone has any knowledge of fishing from the shore in mauritius?i am travelling to the island in april.also does anyone know anythig about le palmar beach resort on the east coast?thanks andy.

RE: shore fishing in mauritius?

by snoek

Hi,
I'm trying to gather info myself - i would like to do some flyfishing from shore especially. I will be there from the 5'th till the 20'th March at several places.
I'll give you an update when back !
cheers,
pieter

Where to stay in Mauritius

by geetanaresh

Next to Next week I m planning to visit Mauritius with my family. I need some information on some best hotels in Mauritius where I can stay with my family members.

by tmap

Hi
I can recommend the following hotels; Palmar Beach Resort, Paradise Cove, and Barjaya Lemorne Resort. If you prefer to use a travel agent you can try White Sand Tours.

Sitati Dawo

by Jude08

Does 'next to next week' mean you will be here around the new year? If so you many find your choices limited, this is peak season and many hotels are fully booked.

by geetanaresh

Thanks for Information about hotels in mauritius, From your information I liked Paradise Cove and right now I am staying in Paradise Cove. I got lot of information on this hotel from tourisminmauritus.com which provides me very good information about hotels in mauritius.

This hotel is suitable to my budget.

Trip to Mauritius

by geetanaresh

A friend of mine is planning a trip to Mauritius later this year, and she's trying to find a good place to stay. She wants someplace where she'll have a chance to get to know the culture and the locals, preferably not too pricey. Any suggestions?

Travel Tips for Mauritius

Beach Resorts

by victorwkf

There are plenty of beautiful beach resorts in Mauritius, each with its own piece of beach paradise among the sun and the sea. It is interesting to look at the beautiful architecture and facilities of these beach resorts.

People of Mauritius

by victorwkf

The population of Mauritius is made up of mainly Indian (Hindus) followed by Muslims and a small percentage of Chinese. The population is about 1.2 million people and most people are friendly, can speak English and French as well as Creole (a local dialet langauge).

Lifestyle & economy

by victorwkf

Life in Mauritius is generally relaxed and slow paced, and people are friendly. The economy is mainly driven by tourism, the sugar producing industry from sugar canes as well as the textile industry.

Flic en Flacq, West Coast

by Worldbeat

I stayed at Easy World Apartments and saved a ton of money to eat, and hired a car from the apartment to explore local scenery. Spar Supermarket and an internet cafe is across the street and the beach is another 3 minutes away. Spar had fresh bread and coffee. Walked over barefoot several times. Can't ask for anything more. The apartment also provided tea and bread with butter and jam upon request. Next I will definitely rent a 125cc scooter to get through the capital's traffic and parking. Ate at Namaste restaurant and had good Indian dishes and Domaine Ana for some good Chinese food.

Comments