Sofitel Imperial Mauritius Hotel

Booking.com Hotels.com Splendia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 59% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Sofitel Imperial Mauritius Hotel

We stayed at the Sofitel...

by nicolaspelon

We stayed at the Sofitel Imperial !!!
We won this stay, but I guess it was very very expensive as it was one of the best hotels on the island... I know we were lucky... Just watch the pics!! This place is awesome!!

Luxury Assured

by Kalgran about Sofitel Imperial

I knew when I arrived that in the immortal words of Mark Twain, I'd found "a blueprint for heaven".
The Sofitel Imperial is a luxury resort hotel so doesn't necessarily suit the budget conscious. But even if you're on a budget, a number of tour operators offer packages at affordable prices.
The service the Sofitel Imperial is impeccable. Staff are friendly and efficient. The rooms are big and spacious and air-conditioned. Some have garden access and others balconies with dreamy sea views.
The hotel itself, despite being part of a chain, is heavenly. Created in a Thai style which fits the island well, it is a light, bright, luxurious and restful kind of place.
The facilities are extensive and on a par with all the other resort hotels on the island and include, snorkelling and diving facilities, pedalloes, windsurfers, kayaks and small sailing craft. There is a wonderfullly blue and big swimming pool, archery, a 9-hole golf course, bikes for hire and a children's mini-club.
Services also include "hot and cold" running waiters who attend to your every whim while you laze on the beach.
There is a stunning spa where pampering is the order of the day - the shallow pool with piped underwater music is positively heavenly.
Food is divine and varied and apart from the main restaurant, there are four other restaurants and bars.
If you're interested in entertainment, that's laid on too.
There is no better answer to rest and relaxation and I heartily recommend the hotel to visitors. I loved it so much I'm going back again this year - and I don't normally visit the same place twice. Restful, relaxing, pampering. Just heavenly.
The Sofitel Imperial is situated on Mauritius's West Coast which to my mind ensures the best weather. Sunsets are spectacular and gorgeous.
The ambience of the hotel is laid back yet elegant and the Thai style of the hotel adds a certain extra specialness.
Some might argue that the rooms are typical chain hotel rooms, but I'd disagree. They are large and airy and the views on offer set them apart.
A visit to the spa is an absolute must, you'll walk out in a daze of relaxation and having been treated like royalty!
And an extra bonus for those who love to snorkel in the shallows is the lovely and colourful little reef just off the hotel's beach.
The curio and tour touts who amble along the beach can be a bit persistent but can be turned away with laughter and pleasantry.

Pass "go" and just keep going

by Kalgran about Sofitel Imperial

Having had two very pleasant previous stays at the Sofitel Imperial we decided to return for our honeymoon. What a disaster. In the two years since we've last been to the hotel it's been upgraded (though not very sympathetically to the original style) and hotel staff, seem, in the interim to have had their attitudes downgraded. Although the hotel is comfortable and has a lovely ambience and a beautiful beach, staff attitudes and other issues make a stay at this hotel pretty awful. For a start, as returning guests we weren't even acknowledged in any way. The hostesses who greet one are surly at best. The boathouse staff are so laidback they're almost comatose. Beach service is almost non existent.
Add to that, the toilet flooded in our room, the shower leaked through the wall into the toilet. The beautiful new bathrooms have no towel rails. The buffet restaurant is full of birds in the morning - this mightn't be so bad if they didn't sit on the bread, the serving spoons and all over the buffet food preparation surfaces. There are also feral cats in the dining room that beg and fight around the tables - and one morning the entire restaurant reeked of cat urine.
As for our honeymoon... The room was supposed to have flowers and a fruit basket on arrival - but there was nothing. We were supposed to receive a gift each day - but none was forthcoming until I complained. We'd told the hotel before our arrival that we didn't drink alcohol and to please not give us alcoholic beverages as gifts - yet the second gift was a bottle of rum. So more complaining from me.
We finally reached a point where we gave up complaining in order not to wreck our holiday (because by that stage it was a holiday, a very average one at that, and not a special or romantic honeymoon). The one saving grace in the whole ghastly experience was the restaurant manager, Sam. If it weren't for Sam who went out of his way to make amends for the other disasters, our stay would have been nothing short of unutterably awful.
Another point to bear in mind is that hotel prices have risen significantly. If you want to stay here then do yourself the favour of stocking up on water, soft drinks, wine etc from the Spar supermarket - a five minute taxi ride from the hotel. There you'll find that a bottle of water costs 14 MRU, while in the hotel it costs 42 MRU.
If you want to stay in a hotel with good service, I recommend you avoid the Sofitel Imperial - there are far better hotels in Mauritius - more beautiful and with infinitely better service. Lovely pool and beach.

Sofitel Imperial, Flic-en-Flac

by HoneyNoon

Hi all,

We are planning to go on Honeymoon to Mauritius in early February 2005. I am looking to stay at the Sofitel Imperial Hotel.

We are an active couple that would like to explore the island a bit and enjoy some private time in the sun.

What are your opinions on the Sofitel and Flic-en-Flac?
What is the weather like? Temp and Rain...

Thanks so much,
G

Re: Sofitel Imperial, Flic-en-Flac

by snos

Flic en Flac is a very nice place on the west coast. Weather is always sunny around this time of the year There can be occasional rains or hardly any. Temperature is 30-33 C daytime

Re: Sofitel Imperial, Flic-en-Flac

by MarianeEiras

All I can say is that you should go to Paradise Cove Hotel. I stayed here during my honeymoon one year ago and it was fabulous!!!

Comments