Royal Road, Triolet, Trou aux Biches, Mauritius

More about Trou aux Biches

My favorite accomodation in Mauritius Mon Choisy

by annerose about Robin

In Robin in Mon Choisy there are studiosand appartement and a villa
In a nice garden with a swimmingpool .
In 200 m from the beach of Trou aux Biches

a lot of pictures online
www.mauritius-tipps.de

We stayed in a couple of...

by Dick_Loudon

We stayed in a couple of places on the northwest coast, in Trou-aux-Biches, including Club Med. First-rate all the way. Facilities and food. regrettably, we were working there and really couldn't sample everything offered in the way of leisure activities.

A hotel like another one

by Michaeld007fr about Trou aux Biches

The hotel wasn't very expensive and it had a good price/value with a very nice beach, good restaurant, animation, ...
Except the rooms: the weren't very beautiful as I hoped. Beach

Trou aux biches Villa

by iammon about Rocksheen Villa

This is a very well run place. Very clean and very comfortable rooms. We almost felt like at home in our room (double with private bathroom). They serve breakfast and have a spacous common room with lots of books. They have turtle pets in the garden.

Pointe aux Biches Hotel

• Daily Maid Service
• Non-Smoking Rooms
• Private Bath

pied dansl'eau

by trilogie about week-end trou-aux biches

propre , acces facile , deux chambre douche aerco et tout le confort great views ,direct a la plage ,et a la rue ,parking prive

Great apartment in Mont Choisy (near Grand Baie)

by ChrisKA about None

We found a very nice apartment for our 2003 vacation in Mont Choisy (south of Grand Baie, northwest of Mauritius). The apartment has 3 floors with 3 brand new apartments, a swimming pool and it is five minutes away from the "Trou aux Biches" beach. The ground floor apartment is for max. 6 persons (3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, bathroom), the apartment in the first floor was not finished yet but it seems to be the same architecture as the ground floor apartment. We had the second floor apartment / studio for 2 persons (living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom), a huge terrace containing a small pavilion in case it rains and sea view. Ravi, the owner of the apartment, is very nice and helpful. We got a stuffed fridge and the cleaning lady cooked a delicious welcome dinner (fish curry). We paid something around 50 EUR per day. He also offers FREE transfer from the airport to the appartement which is very helpful because you don't have to worry about public bus transfer or a Taxi, which is not very cheap. We also booked a couple of trips with Ravi because he knows the island very well and so we saw lots of things you can't see if you just book tours in a travel agency.

We had a wonderful 2 weeks stay in this great apartment including a couple of trips (some with Ravi, some booked at travel agencies).

Ravi contact:

Phone: (+230) 6978423
Fax: (+230) 6978423
Mobile: (+230) 2517148
E-Mail: babell@intnet.mu
Website: http://www.villa-ravi-mauritius.ch/

Best Of by Beach comber

by Klod5 about Hotel Trou aux Biches

Des chalets individuels éparpillés dans un magnifique jardin.
Particulièrement romantique, l'hôtel est très demandé pour les mariages et les voyages de noce.
Un ruban de plage au sable fin, long de 2 km longeant l'un des plus beaux lagons de l'île et un plan d'eau idéal pour le ski nautique
Un golf 9 trous et une très grande variété d'activités sportives et récréatives.
Proximité de Grand Baie avec ses boutiques, ses restaurants et sa vie nocturne.

HEBERGEMENT

Chambres 197
Standard (24 sont communicantes) 130
Supérieures (rez-de-chaussée) 23
Supérieures (1er étage) 31
Appartements famille 10
Suites (3 Communicantes avec 3 standard)

Of the individual chalets scattered in a magnificent garden.
Particularly romantic, for the hotel is asked very for the marriages and the journeys of wedding.
A beach ribbon to the thin sand, long of 2 km bordering one of the most beautiful lagoons of the island and a plan of water ideal for the waterski,
A golf 9 holes and a very big variety of sporty and recreative activities.
Proximity of Grand Baie with its boutiques, its restaurants and its nocturnal life.

LODGING

Rooms 197
Standard (24 are communicating) 130
Superior (ground floor) 23
Superior (1st floor) 31
Apartments family 10
Continuations (3 Communicating with 3 standard) Toutes les chambres font face à la mer et sont équipées de :
Climatiseur (avec réglage individuel) - Salle de bains avec baignoire, douche et toilettes - Lit double "King size" ou lits jumeaux - Mini-bar - Sèche-cheveux - Téléphone direct international - Télévision (avec canal vidéo et radio) - Bouilloire électrique (Thé et café offerts) - Coffre individuel.

Service en chambre de 7h00 à 19h00. ( Frais de service)
Electricité sur 220 volts.

N.B. Chambres disponibles à 14h00 le jour de l'arrivée.
Libération des chambres le jour du départ: midi.

All rooms face the sea and are equipped of:
Air conditioner (with individual regulating) - bathroom with tub, shower and toilets - Bed double " King size " or twin beds - Mini - Bar - Hair dryer - international direct Telephone - Television (with channel video and radio) - electric Kettle (Tea and coffee offered) - individual Case.

Service in room of 7h00 to 19h00. (Expenses of service)
Electricity on 220 volts.

NB Rooms available to 14h00 the day of the arrival.
Liberation of the rooms the day of the departure: noon.

La Cocoteraie Be Warned!

by sunnysarah about La Cocoteraie

I chose this hotel mainly because of numerous reviews posted by Anne from Germany. She has recommended this place all over the web. I figured, if she had stayed here 13 out of 18 visits, it must be fine. I was not looking for fancy, I just wanted clean and enjoyable.

When we arrived at the hotel from the transfer they arranged for us, the office was closed. Some guy sitting by the pool in the dark attempted to look for our room key for us. We were exhausted. It was 11PM and after a 10 hour flight and hour long drive to get there we only wanted a bed. He could not find out booking, then he couldn't find the key. Then he dragged us up and down 3 flights of stairs looking for our room. He finally just put us anywhere for the night and told us to sort it out in the morning.

We had booked a double bed with fan. The first night we were in a aircon kitchenette room, which cost more so you would think it would be nicer. There was water damage in the kitchen and bathroom. It looked terrible! And to make matters worse, there to meet us was a spider the size of your palm! OK. I know the hotel cannot be held accountable for spiders, but it was just the icing on the cake!

More bad news for Cocoteraie...The internet was down the whole week we were there, although when/if it works it is one of the cheapest on the island. There are only 2 loungers beside the pool.
Also I was under the impression we had a TV in our room, but when we requested one we were told it was extra $$ and none were available. Our coffee, tea and soap were never replaced when used. The breakfast sucks! A big basket of bread and some jam that you can witness the birds pecking at near the kitchen before they serve it to you. When we asked reception for a reduction in our rate to bring it down to Mont Choisy Villas rate, they said yes, but then when I bill came charged us the original price. By that time I just didn't care anymore. They had worn me down. Good location right between Trou aux Biches and Mont Choisy beaches. Close to supermarket.

The only bright spot was the young front desk girl. She was French and her name escapes me now, maybe Francesca? Always polite ad willing to help with a smile. I fear I overburdened her with my complaints and questions, but she was always nice to me.

Overall, if you are on a budget and have low expectations, you can make this work. But I would highly recommend Mount Choisy Villas over this place! We went to visit our friends at Mont Chiosy Villas. They had a large 2 bedroom with full kitchen. Their room was twice the size and had a TV and aircon. They paid 1100 rupees compared to our 1400 rupees. They were fully booked or we would have gratefully switched hotels.

Beach at Trou aux BichesBeach at Trou aux Biches

Trou aux Biches beachTrou aux Biches beach

Trou aux Biches beachTrou aux Biches beach

Trou aux Biches's beachTrou aux Biches's beach

Cost of meals and drinks in trou-aux-biches and le paradis?

by Lee9

Hello,

booked half-board for a week each in these 2 resorts in July. Has anyone
got an idea of what we might expect to pay for lunch and for drinks?
We are trying to estimate our potential costs, but it's difficult when you don't know the price of stuff outh there.

Thanks

RE: Cost of meals and drinks in trou-aux-biches and le paradis?

by Nix1

Hi,

Mauritius is expensive...sorry...

I was there in Feb 2003, and a packet of cigarettes cost me about USD10 a local beer was about the same.

In terms of food, also expect to pay alot more.

I'm not sure about your particular hotels as I was there on a cruise, but I certainly found it very expensive and was glad to get back on the ship.

RE: Cost of meals and drinks in trou-aux-biches and le paradis?

by annerose

Hi Lee

Mauritius is not expensive , if you got there where the local people are.
Not far from the Trou aux Biches Hotel, 5 min to walk, is a small snack.
baguette with fish or chicken 30 rs - 0,90 Euro, fried rice 60 rs,
in the near are also some supermarkets and souvenirs shops.
Bus stop in front of the hotel, in 15 min you are in Grand baie +
in 40 min in Port Louis

Le Paradis is far from all, you need a taxi to leave it,and there is no shop in the near.
for prices in Mauritius check my website please

nice greetings annerose

RE: RE: Cost of meals and drinks in trou-aux-biches and le paradis?

by Lee9

Thanks so much for the replies, hope we made the right choice in picking two different resorts! Looks like we can budget more up by Grand baie.
Thanks again,
Lee

by biondo71

HELLO,
i will arrive in mauritius on the 1st of august, for a week holiday with
my girlfriend.
accomodation will be la casuarina hotel in trou aux biches, with all inclusive formula, but i think i will go out almost every night!
can you please give me some name of good restaurant in that area (trou.. grand baie.. etc) wher we can eat fish (i love raw fish!), local cuisine or any other alternative cuisine (please, no italian and no international!).
also, any cool bar where to go for a great drink at sunsets? (by the way, will i see sunsets from that area?).
and what should i do and where should i go to discover a bit of mauritius? beaches? day trips?
please, give me some good tips!!!!

ciao...

fabry

RE: RE: trou aux biches and nearby areas: what do to, where to go, where to eat... PLEASE HELP!

by cleocat

Some of the best sunsets I've seen was over the bay at Grand Baie.

Enjoy!!!

Re: trou aux biches and nearby areas: what do to, where to go, where to eat... PLEASE HELP!

by ajayminta

if you are taking all inclusive my dear .so y bothering to go to eat here and there. better took a bungalow in trou aux biches. then go to resto everyday . the best way to eat every night. many good resto at cheaper price than hotel. ponder upon it . mail me ajay_tacouri@yahoo.com. can do arrangement for u.

Baie de Tombeau

by sbata

I would like to know about Baie de Tombeau and hostels not to expensive for 1 persone for week
merci pour la reponse

Re: Baie de Tombeau

by annerose

Why Baie du Tombeau

it is not a nice beach there.
Better is Trou aux Biches - Mont Choisi- Péreybère