Trou d'eau Douce, Trou d'eau Douce

Costs 73% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Le Touessrok

Hotel

by Maximilian21 about Le Touessrok

Said to be the "most romantic hotel in the world", thats debatable but Le Touessrok hotel is world renowned and a Mauritian icon.
Its brutally expensive but its very luxurious. My mum know someone who worked there so they got us a special price , if not wed probabaly have to take out a loan. It was a great experience though and felt like a million dollars.
The prices per night range from around $600 - $800

Home for 5 days

by gabriellefox about Le Touessrok

I was only in Mauritius for a short stay but the staff at Le Touessrok were amazing. I was warmly recieved upon my arrival and was invited to sit down with a cold towel and refreshing drink as I was checked in. Although I arrived early in the morning my room was ready within 15 minutes and I was given a map of the sprawling accomodation at this beautiful 5 star resort and shown to my room.

Every room overlooks the beach and mine was no exception. The room was bright and airy with a walk in closet and spacious bathroom with seperate shower and WC.

The One&Only Le Touessrok is on the east coast of the island of Mauritius. The resort retains its original style of a Mediterranean village and has a wooden bridge linking to Frangipani Island where there are now 98 new suites. The hotel will also have an 18-hole championship golf course.
Distances: Airport 50 minutes, Port Louis 50 minutes My room had a satellite TV and CD/DVD player so I could enjoy all the music and films I had brought with me. There is also a port to plug in your laptop and internet connection at no extra charge.

The kingsize bed was made up with egyptian cotton linen and a bowl of fruit, fridge, hairdryer, and sarong were provided for my comfort.

wonderful hotel with its own playground island

by Alikatt about Le Touessrok

It has been fully and completely renovated since I went there. The renovation was completed in 2002. When I went, it was dated but still stunningly located with top class appointments and facilities. The suite on one wing of the hotel was right on the beach which made my stay truly special. Pool was fantastic but the icing on the cake is the private island Ile aux Cerfs which is serviced by boats. It is shared with another wonderful resort, Le St. Geran where friends were staying.

One & Only

by gabriellefox about Le Touessrok

On the East coast of Mauritius this stunning resort hotel has recently been extensively refurbished and extended, adding contemporary sophistication to the charm of its original Mediterranean village style. The sea is an integral part of the design, with its four white sand beaches and two separate islands, a variety of complimentary watersports and ample opportunities for relaxation and refreshment.

On the mainland, the Hibiscus and Coral Wings hold 100 rooms and suites, and a wooden bridge links to the private island of Frangipani, where there are 99 new sea-facing suites. All rooms have air-conditioning, and multi-media entertainment systems.

There are two freeform swimming pools, a Givenchy Spa with a range of treatments, a pedicure clinic and a fitness centre. The hotel’s restaurants, overlooking the pool and beach, offer a choice of international, Japanese and Indian cuisines, and guests have dining privileges at the One&Only sister property, Le Saint Géran.

The hotel’s free taxi boat carries guests in minutes to Ile aux Cerfs island to enjoy its 18-hole golf course, watersports and stylish new restaurant, or to Ilot Mangénie, the resort’s private retreat island with its own beachside restaurant. 43-50 square meter rooms
Personalized 24-hour butler service
Furnished, sea-facing terraces/balconies
Bathroom with separate bath and shower and separate toilet
Spacious walk-in dressing facilities
In-room entertainment system featuring multi-lingual satellite TV, four movie channels, DVD/CD player and a wide selection of digital movies, discs and PC games
Individually controlled air-conditioning
Mini-bar
24-hour room service
In-room safe

Golf

by gabriellefox

Now I don't play golf but one visit to this golf course will want you to take up the sport. Le Touessrok Golf Course truly arouses all the senses. Le Touessrok Golf Course is an 18-hole, par-72 course on its own island in Mauritius. Designed by Bernhard Langer, it is a championship course of extraordinary concept and immaculate execution.

Fringed by white sands and surrounded by the blue Indian Ocean, Le Touessrok Golf Course features breathtaking views, with the holes snaking up and down the length of the island. There are nine lakes in all, with a number of holes requiring tee shots across sea inlets to the fairways. According to my buggy driver it is not an easy course by any means.

Paradise in the Indian Ocean

We spent two amazing weeks at Le Touessrok in November 2005. On our second week we got married on the private island of Illot Mangenie. The service took place on the private beach overlooking the Indain Ocean. We had met the registar a couple of days before and he was happy to persoanlise the service with readings and poems that we had selected. It was very romantic and intimate with just several family members present. After photographs and cocktails on the deserted beach we returned by boat (decorated in lillies) back to the main resort for an exquisite Indian meal at Safrans.
Orginally I was a little aphrensive about going abroad to get married but my anxiety was unfounded. It was totally stress free. The staff were amazing and extremely friendly and helpful ( not at all stuffy as one might expect at a 5*+ resort)
I'd say the finshing touches were definitely worth the extra expense. Fresh frangipani's brought daily to the room, candlelit meals on the beach, lovers bath, complimentary champagne and cocktails on several occassions, we really felt special.I can honestly say that the whole experience exceeded all my expectations. If you're considering getting married abroad I'd highly recommend Le Touessrok. For a once in a lifetime luxurious experience it is truly worth every penny.

Great Service, but not value for money.

Our young family arrived back from a 12-day holiday at Le Touessrok a few days ago. We had a very good relaxing time, but it was not necessarily our best holiday experience. I agree with amy of the comments by the reviewer from Cardiff, but he appears a little over-awed by some hotel features which have recently become standard in most hotels in this class (so called 6-star hotels). I also agree with the Englishman in Tokyo about costs. The couple from Cardiff would have paid about £180 per day on top of what they had paid for a half-board deal. I think that's a bit steep for a Third-World country hotel where labour costs are very low.

The main POSITIVES were:

- Fantastic friendly service at all levels, from the cleaning staff right up to the hotel manager. They made a lot of fuss for my birthday, and I'm very grateful to all the brilliant staff involved for that.

- Great kids club for young children, and very good reasonably-priced (the only reasonably-priced thing in this hotel!) baby-sitting service.

- Quality delicious food.

- Good sports and watersports facilities.

- Beautiful grounds and scenery aroung the hotel.

The NEGATIVES were:

- Room rates are very high. We paid £750 (about 1100 Euros or 1300 US Dollars) per night for a Junior Suite (Effectively one large room). For about half this price you could get equally good if not better service, facilities and ameneties at Thai, Malaysian and Dubai Hotels.

- Despite the room rates, the hotel is very "chargey-chargey". For example they charge for tea and coffee made and consumed in your own room! They overcharge for internet access, and even the use of the Gameboy in the room! They charge for local mineral water consumed in bars and restaurants or from the minibar; but they provide the same brand free of charge as part of the turn-down service in the evenings, or by the pools/beaches. I never understood this inconsistency. A lot of hotels of 5-6 star hotels now provide some free dry-cleaning, and a free simple minibar, which is not the case in Le Touessrok.

- Certain room problems: 1) If you stay in a top hotel in Thailand, Malaysia or Dubai, you get free fresh, varied and exotic fruit every day in your room. At Le Touessrok they made sure we always had three small green apples in our Junior suite! 2)The toiletries were a little short on variation and quantity compared to my expectations of a hotel like this. 3) The bathrobes were sometimes very used, frayed and did not always have a luxurious feel/look. 4) Whenever we took a shower, no matter how careful we were, quite a lot of water leaked out of the shower enclosure onto the bathroom floor. 5) The internet service was awkward to use, and quite slow (and as you are charged per minute, this can be frustrating). 6) Butlers were great and a lot of help, but when you phoned for one, the response time could be anything from 1 to 25 minutes. 7) The double beds were small.

- The weather can be a bit iffy in Mauritius. It never really got hot and there was not a single day that it was sunny from start to finish. It is generally very windy. This has nothing to do with the hotel; but the main (family) swimming pool was unheated, and very cold especially for children to use. They were not allowed to use the spa pool which was heated. Small children are better off using the heated kids club pool, which means their parents can't enjoy the pleasure of their company.

- Drink prices were very high. i.e £17 for a glass of champagne or £30 for the cheapest bottle of wine. The management's excuse was that this is because all drink has to be imported, but the prices were much lower in the shops in the towns.

- Spa prices were (much) higher than that of Harrods in London! As a consequence the spa appeared very quiet and underused most times. There were no deals or incentives to get you to use the spa every day. The spa management seem to deal with this shortage of clients by raising their prices. The prices have risen considerably and twice since I enquired about them by email 7 months ago.

In summary, you can definitely have a good time here as long as you don't mind the unpredictable weather and the costs involved. Basically everything is very good, just not value for money.

One ond only visit...

My wife and I stayed at Le Touessrok from 6th to 11th Feb 2006.

For a basic room rate of $1000 a night a hotel should be very special. I don't think Le Tousserok is. Readers should be aware that:

1. The air conditioning in the rooms is hopeless. We moved twice and ended up with noisy fan as the only solution.

2. It took us 10 minutes to walk from our room to the hotel lobby - and we are reasonably fit. Dont forget your sunglasses or its a 20 - 30 minute round trip!

3. There are charges for EVERYTHING. Tea and coffee in the rooms, Internet at $15 per 1/2 hour, local bottled water at meals etc..

4. Unless you arrive very early or very late for the inclusive buffet dinner, you get no sea/pool view and will have to fight for your food. The alternative restaurants are very overpriced given that you have have bought 1/2 board already.

5. French is the No. 1 language and most vistors are from France.

6. The hotel beaches are very man-made. You need to get the boat to the two islands for a proper hide-away experience. This can take up to an hour each way.

This hotel looks and feels like part of a big hotel chain - which it is - One and Only/Sun Resorts.

We much preferred Sandy Lane - and have recently enjoyed better service, value and facilities at the Jumeirah resorts in Dubai.

Lovely place, but massively over-priced

We got married and for the honeymoon did a Safari in a private reserve/lodge south of Kruger, then onto Mauritius for some well earned r&r. I had (or thought I had) paid for pretty much everything up front and as such we could just relax and not really think about anything else apart from pure enjoyment. The Africa leg was incredible - service, scenery, ambience absolutely wonderful (Tinga Lodge - private reserve, near sabi sands). When we got to Le touessrok the set up is fantastic.... rooms are great (love the plasma's), the views were fab and all of the staff were incredibly friendly. The level of attentiveness from the bellboy, down to the chambermaid is unparalleled - they simply couldn't do enough for us. The golf course is great, although very hard…. I play off a 5 handicap and I still found it very tough… my wife simply picked up the ball and gave up playing, as it’s not conducive to beginners and losing balls is easily done. So why am I writing this review... well, I paid several thousand pounds for the holiday and I was amazed when even the tea and coffee in the room was not complimentary - they were charging a pound for a tea bag and hot water!!!! My wife enjoys drinking bellini’s, which admittedly are not the cheapest, drink in the world - but these guys were charging £19 per glass!!!!! For the internet and play station in the rooms they were charging per minute!!!!! The cheapest bottle of wine was around the £35 mark… We got talking to another couple and they went out of the complex and actually bought the same wine they drank the previous night for only £5!!!! Look, I don’t mind paying for things and to be honest we actually reside in Tokyo which for the last 15 years has been named the most expensive city on the planet… but these guys who run this place are taking the biscuit. I refused to let it annoy me and ruin our holiday, but it did keep niggling away at me and when I came to check out and they asked me for several more thousand pounds on top of what I had already paid – I was NOT a happy chappy. Anyone that is going here please do not be under any dissolutions – it is nice, but again having stayed in many of the best hotels in the world this is simply not value for money when you put it against the likes of it’s peers. All in all, if you are going to Mauritius and you want to stay in a great hotel then sure this place is fine… but personally I will not be back any time soon – other destinations are far more value for money.

Beyond my Expectations

One&Only Le Touessrok - This was a last minute very exciting getaway with my very new boyfriend at the time, so anticipation of romance was all set. And hotel way exceeded my expectations and was just amazing! The Staff were unbelievable! So much so that it is worth mentioning, made such a good change from the usual snotty service one anticipates, dismissive attitude you might get at a chain hotel.

Our room was right on the beach (I believe it was a standard room), but it was really gorgeous. Open the sliding doors and a couple of paces youre on the white sands of a beautiful beach. I do miss waking up to that!

A real classic touch. Once on the beach, with your array of tanning sprays magaines and so forth, no sooner have you lathered your body in creams and oils when out of nowhere a staff member appears and offers to clean your sunglasses...this was completely decadent! The staff on the beach will take your orders for drinks and light snacks and once again were always at the ready, but really unobtrusive.

FOOD! - Get ready for some of the best food you will taste! It really is a gastronomic affair! Not one for buffets, this blew me away. You name it, and there it was, different cuisines, variety on each evening, and really spoiled for choice. (Service...INCREDIBLE) We used to try see who could make it to the table without someone whisking our plates for us...it was fantastic.

There are 2 other restaurants which are very romantic, one down at the beach, and the other in one of the most romantic settings I think you could imagine, all open and overlooking the lagoon. We dined there and had an unbeleivable time.

We also went over May which for me was perfect as it wasnt crowded at all, and was perfect as far as the weather goes...just right. The pools are both perfect, and really the whole setting just makes you want to go mad with your camera!

One thing we did each evening for sun downers was head to the "Barlens" Bar - I cant think of much that beats this in terms of ambiance for sundowners...was really awesome.

I have nothing but praise for this hotel and its staff. I would go back in a second.

Le Touessrok Sun HotelLe Touessrok Sun Hotel

by sbhewett

Hi, myself and my daughter (age 12) are visiting Mauritius for the first time in a couple of weeks, we are staying half board at Le Touessrok. We are so looking forward to it. I am becoming a little concerned about the weather, usually on this type of holiday we vegetate around a pool or on the beach, are we going to be able to do this? will it be warm enough? We heard that we needed to bring something warmer for the evenings but for during the day aswell?
Which is the best currency to take to Mauritius? Any comments/advice for this hotel? I read that bringing some wine/champagne in your hand luggage was a good idea but not sure if I can do this because I have a stop over in Seychelles, does anyone know if they have the same liquids restrictions?

Re: Le Touessrok

by ricky52

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Belle Mare for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

Humidity = None
Sea temp 74f / 23c

Re: Le Touessrok

by mikelisaanna

We were in Mauritius in late July. During the day it was warm enough to go to the beach and pool, but it did get chilly in the evenings. Just bring a sweater or windbreaker for the evenings you will be fine. The West coast of the island is generally a little warmer and less windy that the east coast. The center is the rainiest part.

Check if your hotel's pool is heated. The one at our hotel was not, and very few people swam in it because the water was a little bit too cold.

Mauritius rupees are the currency on Mauritius. There is an ATM machine at the airport. We just got cash from the machine when we got there.

One & Only Le Touessrok.

by Rhysa

Hi All.
My Intended and I are staying at the above resort for our Honeymoon next year (Sept) and I just wondered if anyone had any feedback on the place and its surroundings as I've scanned the posted questions and dont see it mentioned?

In particular I'd like to know about the Gold course that's there (me), and how good the Spa and treatment facilities?

Thanks in advance. Rhysa

RE: One & Only Le Touessrok.

by BluBluBlu

If you enjoy golf...try the course at Belle Mare Plage...great 17th hole!

Enjoy!

Le Tousserok & September Weather

by gralock

Hello,

My wife to be and I are going to Mauritius for our honeymoon and I am trying to find out in anyone knows what the weather will be like in the first 2 weeks of September.

I have done some research which only really mentions the North/West region but I believe that Le Tousserok is in the East.

Can anyone tell me their thoughts on what the weather may be like and particularly the wind factor - is it really as bad as some say?

My instinct tells me that a hotel like Le Tousserokk would not build a hotel in un undesirable part of the island, at least I hope not!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

GL.

Re: Le Tousserok & September Weather

by riship

Hi GL,
Normally September is the start of the hot weather so normally it will be mild weather with just a few showers on and off but I would say it would be nice to enjoy for your honeymoon.

Check out http://www.mauritiusorchid.com
There is an online weather forecast that might be of help to you.

Enjoy

Re: Le Tousserok & September Weather

by mandybee

I have been to mauritius over 5 times - in july, in march, in october and and the wether is always pleasant- you do get the odd rain shower but that clears up in 20 minutes -then its beach and sun as usual.sep is spring and the sun should be stonger than in july(i was there 2 weeks ago and got a good tan) go for it and have fun - Le tousserok is the best there is- so i hear!!!!!

Comments