Adrar

More about Agadir

head for number 26head for number 26

The fortressThe fortress

why not.why not.

Chambre de Commerce at the same square.Chambre de Commerce at the same square.

Car Rental

by EvaenMik

Hello,
i am leaving to Agadir within 3 weeks.
Who can help me out?!

Could anyone tell what is the best option for rent a car?
Shall i do it in advance on the internet? its about 220 euors for 1 week.
Or shall i rent a car in Agadir, is that less expensive?
Can i also rent a scooter there?

What are also the best places i should have seen in my holiday?

Thanks!

by planetheart

the only advice i can point is you better consider renting a car has diesel fuel, cause its much cheaper than the other fuel.
avoid staying in big cities like casablanca, its noisy unless you are fond of crouded places.
have fun
MBK

by angiebabe

Hi, there are a number of pages on Agadir put together by VTers to give you ideas of what to see and do - I have a page myself for example - click on Trvel guide and you will be taken to lists of pages such as Top 5 and so on, or newest pages.

I have rented a car many times in Morocco - and usually do it when I get there - though generally Ive got help of locals to get more a local price rather than a tourist price but I have connections where I can rent my own directly for okay prices but not done so in Agadir - though my connections had once when in Agadir found that prices there were much cheaper than Marrakech. about £20-25 a day is about the cheapest Ive been able to get in Marrakech.

Just make sure the insurance is okay and youre happy with whatever theyve got in place for excess etc. otherwise it is alot cheaper but try and haggle too - dont make it sound like its your first visit to Morocco! I have also found recently that with the international companies for example now based at the Marrakech airport Ive been able to haggle their prices and end up with fairly reasonable prices.

so if you are flying into Agadir try whats on offer at the airport but haggle. otherwise the price you have for 220 euros if it includes insurance is quite a good price so if you are happy with that then book it.

There are some lovely places to drive from Agadir which Ive got in my page there - particularly the drive up the coast to Essaouira with some fishing villages such as Imsouane on the way, and the drive to Tafroute down over Col Kerdous to Tiznit and Aglou Plage and back up to Agadir is a must!

a drive out to Immouzzer is nice

and a visit to the Souss Massa national park is very good - park your car there - the guides at the gate are good value to maximise your time - and have a walk around the national park, beside the river and to the views to the sea.

a day tripto Tarouddant and its souk and round the walls is quite good.

by windcity

If you will only be in Agadir for 1 week you might not need a car for the city as taxi's are easy to flag down and cost very little. You will find car rental firms around most hotels and with tourism not doing very well you should be able to negotiate a good price for 5 days. A small car should cost no more than 300Dh(£25)per day. Don't forget to take your driving license and keep your documents with you at all times.. Keep to the speed limit, Radar traps are in the most isolated places and you can get an on the spot fine if you are snared.
Have Fun....

Travel Tips for Agadir

Cultural activities

by sachara

In summer there are several cultural activities in Agadir. I saw a stage at the beach opposite the terraces at the corniche (picture 3). I will be great to see performances or concerts here with the ocean as background. Also at the Place de l'Esperance I saw a huge stage (picture 2). When I passed the square by car in the evening, I heard the music playing at the stage and saw a lot of people in front of the stage.

When I visited the municipal museum, I saw a fair with several stalls with local craft and art (pictures 4 & 5) along the Passage Ait Souss. At the southwestern end of the Passage Ait Souss I saw a huge tent and container (picture 5) with typical art style. I recognized this style as Gnaoua art, seen for the fist time in a a gallery in Essaouira. And I was right, they told me they came from there. At the outside of the container the beach of Agadir with the kasbah hill was depicted (picture 1).

Swimming in the ocean!

by marimar_72

It was my first time to swim in an ocean,at the time we went to Morocco in May the water was kinda cold to me,but it was great fun!
At the beach you will notice many locals playing foot ball or jogging,everybody loves sports in this country! Swim suits and a pair of shorts and lots of sun screen lotion!

Looking for birds at Sous Massa National Park

by angiebabe

Souss Massa National Park was created in 1991 primarily to preserve the bald iris which is threatened with extinction. Half the population of the bald ibis live in Morocco.

The mild temperatures along with the river and the sea here attract hundreds of migratory birds such as greater flamingoes from the Camargue in southern France and from Spain, as well as godwit, snipe, grey heron, turnstone, dunlin, coots and many other species.

I was pleased to get up fairly close to flamingoes - and see that they really are pink - well, as the guide advised us, under their wings and feathers - and get fairly close up shots of other birds and also see wild pigs.

Souq

by annamantere

Souqs are always great, even if youýre in such a touristtrap as Agadir is.This was my first souq and I couldnýt believe the size of it.
Everybody kept telling us that they are for the mountains and here only for today... how lucky for us... I think I sucked in barganing. Either my startingprice was so low that the seller got pissed off with me, or then I just didnýt have the patience go through the whole procedure..
But I liked the souq. The mess and muddle. All those colours and smells. Never-ending little boots and those people behind them...

Kasbah, inside the gate

by sachara

If you visit the Kasbah uphill, you can enter the gate and climb the stairs. After the earth quake of 1960 the ramparts were partially rebuilt, but hardly anything remains within the walls.

I visited the kasbah at a sunny sunday afternoon. Several Moroccan families and youngsters were visiting the inside of the kasbah, enjoying the views and the breeze. It's a more relaxed place to stay for a while for the views than outisde the gate with all the parked cars and people around.

From here you have also a view at the mountains at the other side of the kasbah. If you like to make a camelride -they are waiting for you outside the walls at the parkinglot- I saw they also walked around in this area behind the walls.

Comments