Route de lâ??Oued Sous, Agadir, 80000, Morocco
clubmed.us

Rated 11% higher but also costs 438% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Club Med Agadir

The Club Med was pretty nice....

by kucha

The Club Med was very nice. It's more of a hotel than a traditional Club Med -- no real group events (a good thing), yet great food, secure rooms and centrally located just blocks from the town center. As a single traveler, I felt very comfortable coming and going on my own from this location. The facility was ideally located near the main souk -- an easy walk along a tree-lined road. The swimming pool was pretty and a great way to cool off after a long day of sightseeing and shopping. Dining, as is the case with most Club Med's, is buffet style and the food was definitely above-average.

LOW PRICE LUXURY IN NAMIBIA

by DAO about ORENESS “CAMPSITE”

Travelling across North West Namibia?
Listed as just a campsite in many guidebooks, this place is a fantastic budget accommodation. It’s owned by a nice French man who married a local lady. The rooms are actually roundels and come with very comfortable beds. The showers and toilets are shared, but this is more Club Med than hostel. It only has a few roundels set in some nice gardens and is a real delight. The outer garden area sports a swimming pool and 2 places to have a Braii (barbeque/campfire). There are also places to hang wet clothes to dry. They have a small restaurant & bar with tables inside and out. If you sit outside you will be visited by inquisitive monkeys. Firewood can be purchased by the locals next door. Camping is available in an enclosed garden between the restaurant and swimming pool.

I really enjoyed my stay with a dip in the pool, washing & drying my clothes, a hot shower, a few cold beers, an awesome braii and a very good night’s sleep. One of the best places I have stayed in Africa. A real oasis of peace on a long journey across Namibia. That’s great for about $20.
• Swimming pool
• Friendly staff
• 2 grocery stores nearby

European style Club Med

by ravips29 about Club Valtur

An all-inclusive hotel in Agadir, Morocco. This hotel had the BEST food of any all-inclusive I've ever been to! The spread was endless! Fresh fish, Italian cuisine, Moroccan cuisine, American cuisine and more every night!
They hotel sent a bus to pick us up at the airport. When we arrived at the hotel after a 30 minute ride, they gave us the red carpet treatment, literally! It started with a long greeting line with belly dancers, a horns section, and at the check in desk they offered each of us mint tea! How many places do that?!
The rooms were spacious, the grounds were immaculately manicured and the staff was delightfully helpful at every turn. The resort itself is done up in traditional Moorish decor. The beach was wide and an endless stretch down to the south where you could walk to sand dunes that were 40'-70' high and to the north a hill that had inscribed in it, "God, Country & King" in white. The beach was busy with caravans of camels, women in traditional black burqas, while European women were sun bathing topless and we were ordering alcoholic beverages at the bar. Talk about worlds colliding but everyone got along, it was beautiful! I couldn't tell you what it costs normally because we went as travel agents and our price was off the wall CHEAP ($330 for R/T air + one week at the all-inclusive hotel)! Big pool with an attached bar, full spa center, clay tennis courts with lights for night play, stores on premises to buy all kinds of goodies, on site Disco (the DJ played our CDs, so I let him keep the ones he liked), one day/evening they have local folks come in and set up stands around the pool selling everything from dates to hand woven rugs. They have excursions you can setup directly at the front desk but we got a little adventurous and found a local guide outside the main entrance who we hired to take us around Agadir, Kasbah in Taroudant, to a Sooq to buy rugs and into the inner country by the High Atlas Mountains. It was cheaper hiring our own guide (Abdullah with his 1960's Range Rover) than what the hotel was offering. He was such a nice guy, one night he took me to his home village for fresh OJ. He was showing me the remnants of the 1961 earthquake which nearly destroyed the entire city.

Toilet Paper

by JamalMorelli

I need to stress that for men and women coming from the west that you keep a roll of toilet paper or something to wipe yourself with at all times. Fes may be a major tourist destination but don't think that means the service resembles Club Med - you are in a city from the middle ages and everything will remind you of that - especially the hole in the floor toilets with the little faucets to wash with near the floor. You will feel more comfortable - don't forget your tissues...

Cookery Class In Marakesh

by Wittyone55

Hi, I'm a 50 something Aussie woman living in London. I went to Marakesh last year on my own (had been there before). The previous visit I went to the High Atlas Mountains and spent a night there in Ouzazzarte (but that was Club Med) and thought it was great.

Last visit, apart from haggling in the souk and wandering around the local attractions, I did a day Cookery Course at La Maison Arabe - It was great. They took you to a lovely setting in the Palmerie. The cookery class was fun, well organised and we had a great bunch of people attending. Then we sat out in the Garden and ate what we cooked, with wine of course! To book, I phoned the hotel and they had a place for an English speaking person, but this was off season.

Also, I am looking at going on a Pueblo Inglais trip to Spain for 8 days in May speaking English at a live-in venue in Soria. They pay for all except the flight to Madrid. I don't know if you have heard about this or anyone who has done it?

Only just found this site!

Cheers,
Annette

Cheers, Annette

Agadir - MoroccoAgadir - Morocco

palms and mudbrick houses on the cliffsides!palms and mudbrick houses on the cliffsides!

It says, King, motherland and AllahIt says, King, motherland and Allah

Place Lahcen Tamri with cinemaPlace Lahcen Tamri with cinema

GETTING FROM AGADIR TO TAROUDANT FOR THE DAY FROM THE PORT

by rmnaft

Hello! I am going to be arriving on a cruise to Agadir for just one day on November 25th. I really wanted to get out of Agadir and be able to go to Taroudant for the day. I have been hitting some brick walls trying to find car hire for the day (won't rent for just one day or only manuel...pathetically I can only drive auto). Any suggestions on how three people can travel there for a day trip...car, bus, taxi...etc..??? Any detailed info is very much appreciated.

by horst1hh

We are also going on the NCL Gem, unable to get any information, sorry
Horst

by smiling_sml

The fastest way mighht be to have a grand taxi. This is a kind of transport with the specific routes, but not times. Meaning it departs whem it is full. There is a taxi station in Agadir. Still I do not think I am able to describe where it is. You should ask. Maybe you have first to go to the place outside Agadir, Inzegane to take a taxi to Taroudant. We did opposite: went from Taroudant to Agadir with no stops. If you do not want to squeeze yourself with three other people in old Mercedes, you can pay for whole taxi instead. You can take a trip with kalesch while in Taroudant around the walls and also inside medina. Have a nice trip!

by mandyr

(cheapest) ...take a taxi from the port to batoire....at batoire take a mercedes taxi to taroudant or (most relaxed )take a taxi from the port to club med hotel...outside club med you will find many mercedes taxis ...negotiate for a return day trip...e mail me if you want more details...

by harvzweig

Am also looking to make arrangements to get to Taroundant for the day from the port in Agadir and would like any helpful hints as to how to accomplish that.

Thanks