Coralia Club Agadir La Kasbah

Otel.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 62% less but rated 17% lower than other 4 star hotels

• windcity's Profile Photo

Not the best place in Agadir

There are many "nice" hotels in Agadir, it all depends on your budget, If you are looking for all inclusive I would NOT stay at Coralia club, Le Kasbah, The meals were like school dinners and some of the chalets are in need of urgent maintenance. It is part of the Accor group, but sadly not as good as others in their chain.

More about Coralia Club Agadir La Kasbah

Ait Ben Haddou, view at the kasbah

by sachara

If you spend the night in Ait Ben Haddou, you will have enough choice to find a hotel with a view at the kasbah. The first time we visited Ait Ben Haddou we stayed in the Auberge nextdoor to the Hotel la Kasbah.

From the window of our room and the terrace we had a splendid view at the kasbah. Especially at sunset or sunrise it is nice to sit there and see the changing of colours of the red coloured kasbah, while drinking your tea.

The picture is taken from the terrace of our Auberge.

Good place to stay at the Dades Gorge

by angiebabe about La Kasbah de la Vallee

Large hotel in a nice location 27 km up my favourite road in Morocco - the Dades Gorge road - just before the hair spin bends and situated in amongst sloping ochre cliffs and a river.

Perfect spot for walks around the Gorges area and for continuing the drive on further to gorges and the spectacular sights along the way to Msemrir Very friendly and professional staff - the management will make you feel very welcome and look after you - excellent menu choice and the meals are excellent - open and available till late.

large spacious rooms, modern but with the tradtional Moroccan accessories that add that character and atmosphere to your stay. The rooms that face the river all have their own balcony so thats excellent.
Theres an open air dining area across the road next to the river as well which is nice for those long warm nights.
Very cold at winter but there are plans for heating to be installed for this coming winter.

Tangier, gate to the Kasbah

by sachara

The first time I visited the kasbah, was in 1975. I walked in the medina on my own, some boys told me they could show me the kasbah. That was okay for me. They leaded me through all the nice narrow allyways and suddenly I was on the wide Place de la Kasbah. At that time there were no tourists around at all.

The two other times I came by car from the other side, the westside by the Gate to the Kasbah. In 1975 we could drive with the car through the gate, but in 1983 we had to walk.
The gate and the walls looked still the same, but there were a lot more tourists. How should it be nowadays?

Morocco trip 2007 september

Sunday, 09 September, 2007 Essaouira
Monday, 10 September, 2007 Essaouira
Tuesday, 11 September, 2007 Marrakech Riad Les Oliviers
Wednesday, 12 September, 2007 Marrakech
Thursday, 13 September, 2007 Marrakech Friday, 14 September, 2007 Leave Marrakech

LA KASBAH DE TAOURIRTELA KASBAH DE TAOURIRTE

Rue de la Kasbah, MarrakechRue de la Kasbah, Marrakech

la kasbah du la valleela kasbah du la vallee

Tangiers old town - Place de la KasbahTangiers old town - Place de la Kasbah

ACCOMMODATION - BOUMALNE de DADES

by sabresail

Hi Morocco travellers.

We plan on spending a couple of days in the Dades Gorge area, based at Boumalne de Dades.

Hotel Almanader looks good in Lonely Planet but no matter where we search we can not find a web site or email address. At the moment we are not that keen to phone them from Australia to struggle long distance phone calls with language problems.

Can anyone help with either a web/email contact for the Almanader Hotel or make a recommendation for similar accommodation in the 350 - 450 MAD range in Boumalne.

We did bring up la Kasbah de Dades Hotel on the web but received an immediate response from our AGV web security not to touch this site for a range of security reasons, so we didn't fully open this site!!!

Also - day trips up the Dades Gorge for walks etc. - do we take a day tour package or a maxi taxi or on a truck??? What did you find best?

We then go on to Tinerhir on the local bus for a similar experience as Dades.

Thanks for your help and observations.

Much appreciated. Sabresail.

by al2401

Hi fellow Aus, can't help with that particular hotel but I have stayed at Auberge le Vieux Chateau Dades and it was very good check out the website below and if you want pictures of it check my 'off the beaten path' tip for Dades Valley.

by vtveen

What about: http://hotelalmanader.com/

by freelikebird

if you arrived to toudra gorge you are welcome i recomand for you maison d'hote Anisa,it is in the road to toudra gorge,very nice place and clean ,and from there you can walk and sightsee.

Am I being charged too much? Can those with experience help me out?

by ncalenti

So I have been in contact with a local guide in Morocco. His refrences have all checked out but before i pay a deposit, I want to make sure that he is charging me a fair price. Can those of you with experience let me know what you think. Here is the itinerary he has sent me:

"Well here I confirm you the 4 days / 3 Nights starting from Marrakesh and ending in Fes :

17 Nov 2007 *: Departure from Marrakesh in the morning and driving via the hight atlas toward Dades valley , on the way we visit the exotic Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou in Ouarzazat , after that we continue via Oasis Skoura and rose Valley . Night in Kelat Magouna at a 4* Hotel ( http://www.ksarkaissar.com/_) Room with a Twins bed

18 Nov 2007 : After having a breakfast in the Hotel we start our Trip toward the desert of Merzouga with walking a little bit inside the Palm Trees Grove of Tinghir and after visiting the Gorges of Todra we drive via Erfoud , Rissani . Night camel trip in the desert of Erg Chebbi under a berber tent . (http://www.auberge-oasis.net_) Camel each one .
19 Nov 2007: After coming back from the desert trip and having shower in the Hotel , we visit the Black Gnawa village which known by thier Spirital Music , after that we drive to Midelt via Erfoud , Ziz Valley , Errachidia . Night in Midelt at La Kasbah Asma a 3* Hotel .Room with a twins bed .

20 Nov 2007 : after having the breakfast in the Hotel we Travel to Meknes or Fes via the Middel Atlas , Azrou where there's a big Forest of Ceder Wooden which known by Monkeys .

As Far as concerned the prices of 4 days transportation by a 4x4 Land Rover including driver , fules , English speaking guide , 2 Nights accomodation with half baord in a charming hoteles and 1 night camel trip in the desert cost 400 Euros per person for 2 persons in a private Tour .

By an other means of Transportation a Toyota Land Cruiser more comfortable and with Air Condition / Mini Van Mercedes including the same cost 420 Euros per person for 2 persons in a private Tour .
"

Its a private tour for two people. 420 Euros. Should I go with this or will I save money doing it some other way. If so, how?

Re: Am I being charged too much? Can those with experience help me out?

by ncalenti

Just to clarify, it is 420 euros per person, 840 in total!

Re: Am I being charged too much? Can those with experience help me out?

by khattabi_eg

If I were you, I'd rent a car and it will work out much cheaper especially if there's someone coming with me and splitting the costs. Accomodation wouldn't be a problem as I'd always be able to book once I arrive at each place.

Travel Tips for Agadir

Jardim de Olhao for leisure

by sachara

Jardim de Olhao is a great park for leisure. I liked the ambiance of the park by the combination of the special architecture and the landscape design both with natural and organic forms. I also enjoyed the lifeliness at one hand and the relaxed atmosphere at the other hand.

After my walk around I sat for almost two hours at the shady terrace of the the cosy restaurant. Older men were playing chess, but later I saw also a very young couple starting to play chess while ordering a drink.

Behind the restaurant is a colourful childrens playground (picture 2 & 3). It is a very favourite place to visit for families with their kids. Also in the green areas of the park I saw lots of families, women, kids and young couples enjoying themselves.

Comments