Blvd du 20 Aout Tamlelt, Agadir, 8000, Morocco
Booking.com Travelocity Tingo.com

More about Agadir

Agadir ZooAgadir Zoo

years of craziness down into a little pool!years of craziness down into a little pool!

Postoffice designed by Jean-Francois ZevacoPostoffice designed by Jean-Francois Zevaco

Place Lahcen TamriPlace Lahcen Tamri

Supratours bus station Inezgane

by LGG51

Going to Western Sahara after landing in Agadir. I know that Supratours bus goes to Laayoune. But from where in Inezgane and how do I get a ticket?

by windcity

According to the oncf web site, the bus leaves from Agadir, http://www.oncf.ma/index_en.aspx Other bus companies will leave from Inezgane but it will be difficult to find info before you arrive.

by angiebabe

I can find out for you and let you know when Ive got the info. when are you going?

by angiebabe

Hi Im told theres lots of buses heading down to Laayoune/Western Sahara due to the military posts down that way - also that buses do go from Agadir but that probably better from Inezgane - if you are landing in Agadir the airport is near Inezgane so you might as well head to Inezgane and whatever way you get to Inezgane from the airport I would imagine you will end up arriving at the bus station or in the company of people who will point you in the right direction - ie grand taxis generally share bus station locations or they will for sure know where they are - and if its Supratours there should be a ticket office where the bus leaves from, if theres not there you will be able to buy tickets on the bus/from the driver.

Travel Tips for Agadir

Modernity

by solopes

Agadir was destroyed by a violent earthquake almost 50 years ago. We can see some ruins of the old city, but Agadir is now a modern city. Thus, it is not a great place to see traditional Morocco, only one of the best Moroccan beaches. That's why we spent a week in the beach, and another one travelling in the "old Morocco", in a perfect combination.

Camel Tagine

by angiebabe

Well after 5 years or more of much involvement with Morocco Ive had my first meal of camel - as far as Im aware anyway! Camel meat is of course eaten in Morocco but many families would eat what is more easily obtained and prepared for meals being chicken, mutton or beef, or fish or even rabbit.

But following my Agadir friends and their knowledge of good places to eat at a bargain we ended up at Ibttissam restaurant where I noticed camel was on the menu - to be told that this would probably be one of the best restaurants in Agadir to try camel for both the good cooking and that by comparison many other restaurants with camel on the menu would charge much higher prices.

My Norwegian friend said that when she had her first experience with camel meat she had not been prewarned that it was camel and the meat appeared with huge big bones - when she told me this I asked the waiter to please not serve me with big bones!, feet, eyes...or anything other than camel meat and the vegetables he had told me would be served together in the tagine.

Anyway it was delicious - the restaurant did indeed have an excellent cook to make a wonderfully flavoured tagine and the camel was much like beef. And it only cost me 35 dirham or £2.50!!

Paradise Valley, Rural Tourism project

by sachara

The Paradise Valley or Taghrat Ankrim in Amazighe, the local language of the Berbers, is a 7km long green and narrow Valley along the Ankrim river.

In the sixties this valley was a popular gathering place of the hippies from abroad. They live here ´in paradise´ and cultivated the ground. Aziz, our guiding Moroccan friend told us he visited the place also very often in those old days, having long hairs himself too.

Nowadays you can find except the natural vegetation and date palms lots cultivated grounds with fruit trees like olive, figs, bananas and oranges. After the hippies abandoned the area some locals took over. At the well we met a local man with a donkey and another man we met en route offered us pomegranats fresh from the tree.

The Paradise Valley is signposted from the road (picture 2). Look for the sign with ´Taghrat, Vallée du Paradis, sentier pédestre´ (footpath). Youngsters are waiting there, I suppose to offer you to guide you around. At the parking lot you will find a board with information about a 2,7 long trail (picture 1). It is telling that the trail is a USAID´s Morocco Rural Tourism project in conjunction with the Ministry of Tourism.

Tioute, kasbah and palmeraie

by sachara

Tioute lies 48 KM south of Taraoudannt. The first time we visited Tioute in 2000, was on a one day tour from Agadir in combination with Taroudannt.

Tioute has ruins of a impressive kasbah. In the village itself is not much to see, but the atmosphere is nice. We did a donkey ride in the palmeraie. The villager who accompanied us explained a lot about the crops growing in the palmeraie. In the village in a local house I had the best Morrocan tajine and couscous ever.

In 2001 we came back and spent a night in the kasbah. It was nice to sit there in the evening to the great view and the lights of the village down. Most special was the splendid view at the palmeraies with changing light during the twilight.

We learned that in 1952 the kasbah was used for the film Ali Baba & the Forty Thieves, a great ambiance indeed.

Camel ride

by gugi66

Here you can ofcours ride a camel, at the top of Kasbahn. I´m not sure what the price is but I know for sure that you must agree about the price BEFORE you get on the camel otherwise the man who is leading the camel can take what price he wants.

Comments