Ave Hassan II, Agadir, 80000, Morocco

Otel.com

• AnthonyMason's Profile Photo

A decent 3* hotel

We stayed at this hotel during a weeks stay in Morocco. We stayed for 4 nights and the hotel was quite cheap to book, we did not know what to expect but found it to be an average 3* hotel. The staff were all very friendly and spoke good english.

The room was quite outdated but functional. There was a tv and air conditioning. The bathroom was again outdated but there was a nice shower in there.

The breakfast was very bland, the orange juice did not seem to be fresh and the pastries were quite stale.

On a positive side the pool area was very nice and there were always plenty of sunloungers available. The hotel is situated about a 10 minute walk away from the beach and it was sometimes easier to just get a taxi back as it did not cost that much.

If you are on a tight budget and don't mind the outdatedness of this hotel then you will find it OK, if you want something more modern and closer to the beach then look elsewhere.

Unique Quality: Nice Pool area, Friendly Staff

• Firestar24's Profile Photo

Cheap and....

We booked this hotel through travel agents because of the bargain price. We paid £200 for flights, 7 nights accomadation and breakfast. We planned to use it simply as a base to explore the rest of Morocco from.

The actual hotel is located in the centre of the resort town of Agadir on the last of the "tourist boulevards". It's a 10 minute walk to the beach crossing two busy main roads. There are a few bars and restaurants around but not an abundance. This hotel is okay for couples on a budget and singles as we found it to be quite intimate and friendly, but I wouldn't recommend it for families with older children craving independance because they can't really walk out from the hotel unsupervised.

The rooms are basic and a few have balconies overlooking the street and fewer still have balconies over the pool area. They are ensuite but the bathrooms have well worn facilities and are more functional than beautiful. The large bedrooms have simple decor with a large built-in wardrobe for storage. There are televisions in every room but you have to pay extra for them to work.

The restaurant serves basic meals - the inclusive breakfast is continental and basically consists of rolls and croissants and butter. The pool area is clean and quiet considering it is only just shielded from the street.

There are two bars which both close at midnight but they're quiet and relaxed.

Unique Quality: We met a young couple during our stay and arranged to go quad biking with them for our last morning in Morocco. We returned dusty and tired just after noon. I went to take a shower while Jonathan went downstairs for some refreshment. Halfway through my shower the lights in the room went out. I assumed it was a power cut but was disturbed by Jonathan knocking furiously on the door. I got out of the shower and he said I had to go to the pool as there was a FIRE in the hotel. I stupidly asked, "what, a real one?" to which he answered, "Erm, yes".

I dressed and went outside and the whole corridor was filled with smoke. As I walked towards the stairs, the manager of the hotel was walking in the other direction, waving through the smoke and laughing a little. On the stairs I met the couple we'd been out with - the girl was crying. I thought the fire had frightened them and was surprised to learn that it was their room that had set on fire. The fuse box IN THE BATHROOM had been exposed to moisture which caused it to short circuit and it had MELTED. All their stuff was ruined. I felt really bad because it was their first time away on their own and I started to get angry about the manager laughing in the corridor at the incident. To make matters worse, the couple had told reception three times that they were worried about loud clicks and sparks from the fuse box. On their third complaint the staff had sent a handyman up to look at it and had diagnosed the noises and sparks as NORMAL. The hotel wasn't evacuated, people were still using the lifts, the fire alarm went off for 3 seconds but was quickly switched off to avoid causing "alarm". The manager grabbed a fire extinguisher on discovering the fire but couldn't get it to work and the lad who's room it was tried to tell staff to open a window three times and ended up going in and opening it himself.

This would be a reasonable hotel but they desperately need their electrics looking at and fire safety training for all staff.

• londonstar's Profile Photo

Friendly hotel!Inexpensive too!

We Stayed at the Hotel Kamal in Agadir and I really loved it!!
    This hotel doesnt have facilities such as gyms ,saunas and beauty rooms
    However, it was a very pleasant place to stay.
    Staff are very friendly
    Rooms were always clean
    Bathrooms are not luxurious but very functional
    Perfect if you are on a budget or if you want to spend all your holiday money on shopping!!!

Unique Quality: Hotel had a good sized pool
    we had a great view from our poolside room
    see second photo

• A Lovely Hotel

A Lovely hotel right in the 'centre' of this sleepy moroccan town. Room was decent although one of the few not to have a balcony, hotel itself was immaculate and although bieng refurbished during our stay disruptions were at a minimum. On a late arrival we went down for breakfast and on return to our room our cases were unpacked by the cleaners and everything put where it should be ever so neat with your daily clean bieng a real clean.

Although there were only about 40 people in this 100 or so roomed hotel so service was always spot on. Friendly staff and a nice bar added to the experience with a communal area where you could chat with fellow travelers and catch up on current affairs with satelite TV.

Unique Quality: Pool was immaculate, my pictures look digitally enhanced but ensure you they are not! Travel Exchange in the hotel and small restraunt and poolside bar for snacks during the day.

Directions: Town Centre

More about Hotel Kamal

Cleanest Hotel on the Planet

Stayed at the Hotel Kamal over Xmas and New Year....had to say, for all the travelling I've done, it was the cleanest hotel I've ever been in. They have a team of cleaners who scrub every inch of the Hotel every day.

Agadir was a decent winter resort, not as much hassle as other North African countries, and the beach was spotless too.

Very much an enjoyable experience and would recommend it.

kamal very good

by TripAdvisor Member leisurelee

Hotel Kamal great value for money and agree with most of the comments on the cleanliness and superb staff. I lost my money and credit cards whilst out there and the hotel were happy to lend me cash until I sorted out a Western Union transfer. I can't imagine another hotel willingly lending £50.00 with no restrictions! Pool area fine for just lazing about. Not a great deal to do in agadir itself a bit lacking for nightlife but it was ramadan..... wouldn't really recomend Agadir if your looking for a party holiday but if your looking for a bit of sunshine and relaxation you won't go to wrong.

Kamal Tops Again

by TripAdvisor Member OldCodger

Just returned from a two week break in Agadir. Stayed at the Hotel Kamal and had an exellent time. Everything positive that people have said about the Kamal are correct and then some. The complaint about the smell of bleach left me puzzled as all we could smell was a very pleasent lemony smell.
We went on most of the trips available using the different company reps to achieve this( there were three different companys visiting the hotel)
I would certainly advise visitors to travel outside Agadir to get a true picture of Morocco.
I would recomend the 2 day trip to Marracesh.
Both my wife and I are in our late 60's and had a great time.
If you want to ask any questions please contact me and I will do my best to answer

just right

by TripAdvisor Member howell

31/12/2005
got back from agadir and the hotel kamal yesterday
had to write and say how good this hotel is the staff are great cant do enough for you, the hotel is clean,food is good,litle bit away from the beach but not a problem as the petit taxis are as cheap as chips as they say 15dirhams max,not much nightlife around hotel thats near beach,nowt for young childern to do in hotel, but we had a great time in agadir thanks to this hotel

Spot On

by TripAdvisor Member rovers01254

Just returned with my girlfreind from hotel Kamal. I also need to agree with all the other reviews that the hotel for a 3 star is spotless. All the staff were fine and could hold a decent conversasion in english which helped when asking for directions etc,etc.

Agadir it's self is nice although I would'nt return in a hurry. As for the beggers and scroungers were were lucky in the sense that we were hasseled only once or twice although a couple we met on our trip were constantly harrased by locals trying to sell them drugs or asking for money. Not what you want while trying to have a romantic meal while watching the sun set on the beach front. Fould a lovely chinese resturant out in the sticks. Just flag down 1 of the litle red fiat taxis and ask him to take you there pay no more 15dhms though.

Don't bother with the fishing port. we assumed it would be a romantic fishing harbour with shops, cafes & bars but it's bascily just a working port that has not been maintained.

As for the beach it's a ten minute work away & i recomended you hire a sun lounger aprox £1 per day. We also hired a jet ski but make sure you haggle with the price. They origianlly wanted 300dhms from us (£22) but refuse & alathough they me be agressive with you they will lower there price. At the end of the day most of the workers live in schanty towns & mud huts so will very rerley refuse payment for any thing but you cant't argue with them trying it on i surpose

All in all the resort & hotel were fine & to say we only stayed 1 week we both caught the sun and came back with golden tans.

It's simple, but perfect!

We have enjoyed two holidays now at the Kamal.
We normally go in March. Away from all idiot tourists you see getting on planes to Spain. The hotel itself is simply furnished with enough Morrocan charm. The rooms and hotel are always kept clean and the staff from start to finish can never do enough.
The pool is cold, but the days are hot. Although breakfast is not great, we love laughing at the waiter trying to seat everyone..he really is a character out of fawlty towers.
The food at the bar in the pool area is fantastic, cheap and you really don't have to leave the hotel.
It's not for everyone, but when I think of march in UK, I think of the Kamal. Agagdir itself is pretty plain. Reccommend, hiring a car and driving out.

Comments