Hotel Residence Rihab

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Secteur Balneaire et Touristique, Cité Founty Lot. N° G15, Agadir, 80 000, Morocco
Hotel Residence Rihab
Hotels.com Tingo.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 30% lower than similarly priced 3.5 star hotels

More about Agadir

zooming down to the fishing boats in their bayszooming down to the fishing boats in their bays

salads are a popular start to the moroccan mealsalads are a popular start to the moroccan meal

Wiew from the fortressWiew from the fortress

camels waiting for customerscamels waiting for customers

Weather In Febuary

by chriso1969

Can you please tell me roughly what will the weather be like from febuary 20th to febuary 27th,and what type of clothing would we need to bring.Also are laser/credit cards accepted in most places,and are there a lot of atm's available,or would it be better to bring cash.Are there european restraunts around and are there places to eat pizza.Thanx,Chris

Hi --

I suppose that in Agadir, late february, you will (most likely) have what we from European standards would call nice spring-time weather.
Bring light clothes -- but also be prepared for cold nights, bring a fleece and a suitable jacket to wear after sunset.
In most Moroccan towns there are plenty of automats for withdrawing money -- in Agadir there are lots of them. Just bring some creditcard (like VISA or Master Card) and you can always easily get money. You can withdraw up to 2000 DH each day. Many hotels and restaurants and some shops accept creditcards.
In Agadir there are all kinds of restaurants -- and lots of places to eat pizza. There also is a McDonalds, so do not fear !!

Have a nice trip --

UV level 5 = Moderate
Humidity = None
Sea temp 63f / 17c

by pfsmalo

Thanks for letting us know there's a McDonalds in Agadir Hanne!!!! I thought I'd have to get by on those tajines and couscous and, and !!!!What ,pizza as well, it'll be just like at home. Makes me wonder if I'll bother going now that they've got the same food as here. :o)))

by pep2

Hi --- I'm happy if my answer was helpful -- for myself, I love and prefer the Moroccan food, but people are different as we know.
When I was in Agadir a couple of years ago there were 2 danish restaurants --- you might want to try that, it's proberbly a little different from home :-)

But no matter what food you prefer -- I think Morocco is worth travelling for!

Have a nice trip

Hanne

by pfsmalo

Hanne, my post was very tongue in cheek, reading between the lines it says " Oh you're going all the way to Morocco to eat pizza ?" but as you say everyone to their own thing.

by pep2

Oh -- fine -- nice :-) just enjoy whatever you find !

by angiebabe

theres a mc donalds do not fear!? I do fear - cant stand mcdonalds....other than coffee and the lavs Id be embarrassed to be seen in there!

Travel Tips for Agadir

Leave Agadir!

by kadjak

As Agadir itself doesn't offer anything special, one day we rented a car and went to Essaouira. It's about 2-3 hours drive along the coast road. Even the driving was a pleasent experience, no tourist, only sea on the left and mountains on the right. We passed through some typical countryside villeges, such as Tamri, where there was a huge banana souk.

Climate in Agadir

by Leipzig

easy to buy batteries and films the sandy beach gets very hot in the summer sun - wear shoes at noon Rainy season: between October and April; in the other months it keeps dry

Avg. Temp. in Spring: max.: 25 – 27°C (77-80°F); min: 12-15°C (52-59°F)
Avg. Temp. in Summer: max.: 28 – 30°C (82-86°F); min: 17-19°C (63-66°F)
Avg. Temp. in Autumn: max.: 26 – 29°C (78-85°F); min: 12-17°C (52-63°F)
Avg. Temp. in Winter: max.: 22 – 24°C (72-75°F); min: 9-12°C (49-53°F)

Watertemperature: all the year between 18 - 22°C (64-72°F)

It doesn't feel so hot because of a cool breeze from the Atlantic.

Souss Massa National Park

by angiebabe

In all the times Ive been to Agadir and down to Tiznit and around the area Ive never seen signposts nor information advertising the Sous Massa National Park being where it is - my Moroccan connections had never been there nor had any interest or knowledge of going there - the only information and inspiration to try to find this place or visit this place has been frequently noticing it standing out in green as a National Park on my Lonely Planet guide book's map of things to see around Morocco.

The DK Eyewitness Travel Guide has a photo of flamingoes and a small write up on it and luckily some instructions on how to find the place. As driving there this latest trip with the intention of going to visit the National Park we still did not see one single signpost advertising this beautiful paradise in the middle of the flat, rather uninspirational landscape of the area between Agadir and Tiznit.

65 kilometres/40 miles south of Agadir along the road to Tiznit, is this Sous Massa National Park which was created in 1991 and extends along the banks of the Wadi Massa, which on its way to the Atlantic, irrigates a large palm grove.

This nature reserve where river meets the sea and winter temperatures are mild, attracts hundreds of migratory birds such as flamingoes from the Carmargue in France, and many species from Spain.

The main purpose though of creating the park though was apparently to preserve the bald ibis, which is threatened with extinction, and of which Morocco is home to half the world's population of this bird with a pink, featherless head. (which we didnt get to see!)

So as the DK Eyewitness guide advised us, visitors should approach the park and entrance from Sidi Rhat - of which this village is signposted along the P30 between Agadir and Tiznit.

At the 'gate' are guys offering to guide visitors - we decided to take the opportunity to use our time efficiently and be shown where to go to see birds as I especially wanted to see flamingoes. Our guide asked for 70 dirham - but after spending about 2 hours walking around the park with him and his interesting company (though I had great difficultly understanding his english!and my Moroccan friend had to translate at times for me!) the asking price was obviously too low and warranted a further donation to give value for the time well spent with him.

At the beachfront

by sachara about Le Nil Blue

At the corniche at the northwestern part of the beach are several restaurants with terraces looking out at the beach and ocean. During the years I visited several of those terraces for a drink, snack ot lunch. At one of the last days during my last visit I had lunch at 'le Nil Blue', a restaurant specialised in seafood, but alos serving other dishes. It took some time before I was served, but it didnt matter, because it was nice to look at the people passing by and at the ocean.

The outside of the restaurant and the terrace was decorated in blue and white, but don't miss the doors of the toilets having colourful egyptian paintings. I took a picture (3) of the door in the ladiesroom and forgot my camera. When I came back after two minutes, it wasn't there anymore. Thanks to a kind Spanish lady who found it and looked around at the terrace who was searching for something I got it back and all the 100s of pictures I took the days before. I had a salad with shrimps and mixed fruit juice. (picture 5)

Old Kasbah

by sachara

From almost everywhere in town, beach and boulevard you can see or at least get a glimpse of the hill and the kasbah. It's an important landmark. During my first three visits to Agadir I didn't visit the kashab itself. It's a walk of about 7 km uphill. So, the best is to do is going by car or to take a taxi. Anyway up. I saw some people walking back downhill.

History of the Kasbah.
The ruined kasbah is built in 1540 by the Saadian Sultan Mohammed ech-Cheikh. Later in 1752 the kasbah was restored and regarrisoned by the Alawite Sultan Moulay Abdallah. Later the area is abandoned leaving housing for about 300 people. After the earth quake of 1960 only the ramparts were partially rebuilt.

Earthquake.
The area below the kasbah, Ancienne Tarborjt, covers the remains of the Agadirs medina after been totally devastated by the earthquake of 1960,now covered by soil and grass. Thousands of people died here by the earth quake.

Comments