Cite Founty F6 Baie des Palmiers, Agadir, 80000, Morocco
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Rated 13% higher but also costs 41% more than other 4 star hotels

More about Agadir

Mosque in AgadirMosque in Agadir

olive groves ready for harvestingolive groves ready for harvesting

Fire station designed by Jean-Francois ZevacoFire station designed by Jean-Francois Zevaco

Alleyway near Rue el Mehdi ben ToumertAlleyway near Rue el Mehdi ben Toumert

Taxis from El Batwaar

by john9159

Does anyone know the precise fares for a taxi for sole use from El Batwaar (near Souk al Had) to places like Taroudant, Tiznit etc?
I only know the fare to Inezgane was 40Dh and I had the taxi to myself.

by themaevequeen

The fere for a taxi from Agadir to Taroudant is 400 MAD

by john9159

Thanks but i this for a grand taxi or from El Batwaar? I think there is a difference as from the latter the fares fixed as opposed to grand where one must constantly argue with the drivers.

by angiebabe

Officially the grand taxi prices s are fixed - they of course see a tourist coming and they will try to charge more - but the normal Moroccan recommended by the govt/fixed price for the whole taxi - which means grand taxi

El Batwaar to: Taroudant - should be 300
Tiznit - 300 max (really about 260/270 but say 300)
Tafraoute - 600
Sidi Ifni - 500
Essaouira - 500
Immouzzer 300 return plus whatever time you want to stay for needs to be added - makes a nice half day trip - stay for 3 hours add 100 dirham

For somewhere excellent such as Amtoudi for an excellent day excursion I have contact details for a small company that have taxis and will do a day excursion for something like 1300 dirham

by jayzeer

from souk alhad to taroudant cost 200dh in big taxi .of course they will ask you maybe 400 or 300 but dont give them more than 200 dh.
the best way is to rent car .

Travel Tips for Agadir

Day trips

by khattabi_eg

Agadir is a beach resort so it doesn't represent much of the true feeling of Morocco, so if you'd like to go around on day trips, then these places are best to visit, as they're close enough (a1 to 2 hour drive away) and are not very touristy neither are expensive: Taroudant, Tiznit, Imouzzer, Essaouira, Tafraout, Mirleft...)

Breakfast Moroccan style

by sachara

When we made a trip to the Paradise Valley we had breakfast en route. We had a stop at a restaurant in Tamraght 15 KM north of Agadir along the coastal road. It was not on the menu, but my Moroccan friends ordered breakfast Moroccan style for the four of us.

We had delicious round local bread. It looks and tasted like my favourite bread baked in the saharan sands during my deserttrips. We dipped the bread in the plates with honey, olive oil, argan oil and very fresh goat cheese and of course we drunk fresh mint tea (picture 1). It was my best breakfast those days.

Med and Hassan ordered harissa for themselves. I know harissa (soup) as we know soup.... salty. Their pale morning harissa did not look like soup at all (picture 2). I tried it, it tasted like porridge, meaning it was porridge made of flour.

Markets out of town

by chrissyms

We did spend quite a bit of time traveling around with our own personal taxi driver. He insisted we see the many Berber markets in the small towns we passed. They were always full of fresh produce,meat, fish, veg and spices, all the ingredients for the excellant local dishes at the small restaurants he took us to.

Sea Food If You Want

by chrissyms about Complexe Golden Gate

Very good food, both Moroccan and French I had couscous Royale which was very tasty, my wife had steak which she said was the best she had had in a long time. There was Night Club up stairs which looked good and it was centrally located on the main road adjacent to the front. Cous Cous

Marrakech - snake charmers

by beccyandjohn

On our first evening in Marrahech it rained all day, we still took a trip to the big market called Djemaa el-Fna, which in spite of the rain was very busy.

On our second day we went back to the market when the weather was much better, and i got to see the snake charmers, if you take any photos you will be expected to give them a few moroccan dirams, also if your brave enough you may even hold one. (see pic 2)

Comments