Idou Tiznit Hotel

Avenue Hassan Ii Carrefour De Tiznit, Agadir, Morocco

More about Agadir

choose adelectable to be brought up with yr cofeechoose adelectable to be brought up with yr cofee

My pregnant wife is enjoyingMy pregnant wife is enjoying

KasbahnKasbahn

Terrace at the first floor 'Tour de Babel'Terrace at the first floor 'Tour de Babel'

Travelling with a surfboard

by Ponker

Hi!

Am going to Agadir with my hubby in November and we'll be taking our surfboards. Was just wondering how easy it is to travel with them. Is it worth renting a car or is it quite easy to travel by bus or taxi with surfboards in tow? Don't want them to hinder our travels!

Really appreciate any answers...

Thankyou,

Sarah

Re: Travelling with a surfboard

by windcity

Hi Sarah,
It is unlikely you would be able to take your boards on local buses, taxi's with roof racks would take you. A rental car would offer you more freedom to explore the area and are not that expensive, in November you should be able to negotiate a reduced price.
Long distance buses carry surf boards in the luggage hold. You can also hire surf boards.
Hope this helps
Sue

Re: Travelling with a surfboard

by john9159

If you are planning on going to Taghazout for your surfing then I expect you would go on the Supratours coach which has a luggage compartment below. This wouls cause ho hindrance you either you or other passengers.
Taghazout is only about 20 minutes from Agadir centre but grand taxis do not have roof racks so you may wish to negotiate with the driver, although I can't imagine how they will fit in.

Travel Tips for Agadir

Diving, walking, exotic gardens

by matcrazy1

I am white like a flour or... excuse, Brits or Scandinavians (usually :-) and I hardly get a tan first of a bit red colour... So, sleeping in the sun on a beach is not for me unless I have an umbrella (it costs :-). And being always moving character, I can't do nothing that is I can't lie on a beach to get a tan more than, say 10-15 min.

So my main and favourite activity was swimming or better to say diving into large waves in the ocean, some water sports, walking along long beach, watching people and amazing, exotic gardens of some fancy hotels located along the beach.

Surfing with killer whales!

by kadjak

While we were surfing at the "Killer point" near to Tamharkt, I suddenly saw a black fin caming out of the water about 200 m away from us. I of course tougth that it was a shark and paniced a little. Later, however, we found out that it was actually a killer whale, and that why that particular surfing spot was called "killer point".

Sous-Massa National Park

by sachara

South of Agadir along the coast stretches for seventy KMs the Sous Massa National Park.
We took the south entrance at 58 KM from Agadir near the Oued Massa. We booked a tour with a landrover to cross the area back to the north to Agadir.
The park is an area of tidal creeks and lagoons, but you can also see sanddunes and cliffs. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery.

There is a large variety of birdlife in the Park like the bald ibis and species of the crane, duck, flamingo, heron and many more. We saw a lot of birds, but we didn't see mammals. In the area are the red fox, genet, wild cat, jackal and wild boar.

Harbour of Agadir

by sachara

The importance of Agadir as a fishing and commercial port is growing. So did the port facilities the last years. A large part of Morocco's sardine catch comes through Agadir nowadays. At the complex are about 20 factories to tin and to freeze in the fish products from the sea.

During our first trip to Agadir in 1992, we visited the port in the morning. The morning sea fogs gave the port a special atmosphere. In 2007 I visited the kasbah, so I could make overview pictures from there.

Drinking Beer in the Hot Sun

by beccyandjohn

This is near the Birds Vally, we sat here and had a beer watching the world go by.

The noody train stops here to, its a bit noisy then because they ring a bell on the train for ages to let everyone know the trains in.

Comments