Le Tivoli

Hotel Blue Sea Le Tivoli
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Costs 32% less but rated 14% lower than other 4 star hotels

• What a mistake to make ...!!

Le Tivoli looked like it was once a great hotel - shame they did not keep up the maintenance or the standards of that bygone era. Advertised as a FOUR star Le Tivoli would now struggle to make TWO!! Just about everything needed attention – even the chandeliers in the lobby. The rooms with en-suite were reasonable in size but tatty with a faint smell of damp. The bathrooms looked grimy though they were cleaned daily – they just needed to replace the horrible shower curtain with a screen and generally pay some overdue attention to the rest of it. Our first room was on the top floor but the only two lifts were both broken throughout our stay. We then discovered that the air conditioning for the entire block was in worse shape than the lifts so we moved to another block which had working lifts but the room was in a similar condition. No fridge, kettle or hairdryer and the only items provided were 3 small bars of soap and half a loo roll. Oh, there was cable TV, mostly French or Moroccan but there was Eurosport and 1 dedicated English channel, BBC World News.... Wow! However, the Chambermaids were very helpful ..
    Even though we travelled with another couple there were only half a dozen Brits staying during our week. Marmara Cosy Club had taken over the entire hotel on behalf of the majority of guests and eight resident Marmara reps, in their early twenties, made sure their French guests were entertained all day and evening. We had no idea what was going on and were specifically excluded as all notices where obviously in French and when we did stumble across an activity we couldn’t understand it anyway... One or two of the reps were polite and did talk to us, in passing, but the majority just walked away when they discovered we were British.
    The pool was OK though a little small with a separate paddling pool for children, however, it was not always accessible as the Cosy Club reps took over parts of the pool 3 or 4 times a day for various activities. They also played music for most of the day in-between the activities and although some was pleasant most was the type of music only teens and twenties appreciate – it was nice when it stopped.
    With only two exceptions the hotel staff always spoke to us in French and were not as helpful as they seemed to be for the Cosy Club members. Apart from the paddling pool there were no facilities for children at all, not even in the only restaurant. Actually there were two restaurants but only one in use at a time, one for breakfast and the other for the rest of the meals. The food was something else – to be fair we did have two reasonable evening meals but breakfast seemed to be leftovers, although we did have fresh bread and croissants one morning... There were absolutely no concessions for us or any other nationality, no fresh eggs or anything we would recognise as breakfast. Needless to say all meals were geared to adult French guests with nothing for children. We tried the food for three days then eat out and rejoiced in the fact that we were only half board. Fortunately there was a very nice restaurant directly across the road from the hotel.
    Agadir is certainly worth a trip – even though it is clearly a tourist destination, it is still developing. The locals are very friendly and polite – excluding the shop keepers who can be a very persistent to the point of putting you off. “I want your money” does not encourage you to enter their shop... and if you do – haggle and be very firm. My wife’s leather bag came down from 750 to 250 dirhams, however, most annoyingly; when I was paying he wanted even more than agreed. He didn’t get it and we did get the bag at the agreed price.
    Recommendation: Choose another hotel....

Unique Quality: You might like it here but only if you are a member of Marmara Cosy Club otherwise you may as well wear a bell around your neck as everyone will avoid you anyway.

Directions: Loverly sandy beach is only 5 - 10 minutes away and there is a great restaurant directly across the road from the hotel.

• Adequate Stay at Le Tivoli

Well it started off well we were seen to straight away and shown (well pointed in the) direction of our room. The set up was ok for a twin room enough space to maneouvre, the beds seemed comfy enough and the room was well kept apart from the little ants were had it was a good room. Not 4* as advertised but definately 3* by UK standards. The bathroom was ok but could have done with a little updating and amenities being provided. Do be aware that it seems that majority of Hotels in Agadir do not supply the usual shampoo etc we have become used to!
    Breakfast is served from 5am to 10am although it does take about an hour for everything to be laid out, so do be aware. There isn't a change at all for breakfast, the set menu so to speak is salad, crossaints, selection of jams, beef salaami on a tray, cheese on a tray, bread, scrambled eggs, butter beans in a tomato sauce, prunes and bread, tea, coffee, orange juice are avaliable as well as moroccan tea occasionally.
    Tip: If your half board and know that you won't be having lunch then get a voucher from reception, they'll say that its only avaliable once but try your luck.
    Dinner changes everyday with a different buffet being served. The food for my liking was very bland which was a shame, however salt and pepper is on the table to add. Interesting, the restaurant would add rice to the salt.
    Service unfortunately is not very good, they are sometimes attentive but majority of the time we were not at all satisfied especially since we felt that as we didn't order any drinks they didn't care. Be warned drinks are three times what you can get outside.
    The reception staff were also not helpful and frankly one of them was very rude. So if your expecting to be treated like royalty then Le Tivoli isn't for you.

Unique Quality: The pool and pool attendents were very curtious and helpful. The pool was clean, not too crowded and I thoroughly enjoyed myself while my friend enjoyed a relaxing read on the decks. We didn't even have to go early to reserve a chair, there was plenty of choice. They even played your song choices.
    The view from our room was nice we could see the beach and even the Kasbah.
    The hotel is ideally situated with the beach only a short 10 minute walk, although to get to the main shops and restaurants only takes a further 15/20 minutes walk.

• charmar's Profile Photo

Agadir's Most Beautiful Hotel

Unique Quality: The Tivoli is centrally located in Agadir and is in reach of the souks and beach. I have been there twice and had a great time! The food admittedly doesnt have much diversity but that isnt to say it doesnt taste great and is of a high standard. The staff at the hotel are the most friendiest and there are many activities to do at the holiday. The hotel is decorated in archaic morocco architecture and has beautiful gardens to wander around in.

More about Le Tivoli

Fantastic Le Tivoli

I have been to this hotel on several occasions now and will continue to visit. The pool area is fantastic and the daytime entertainment is very good. In the evening in july and august there is a mini disco which is good for the children. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. I would recommend this hotel for all types of holiday maker.

Enjoyed our holiday at Le Tivoli

I went to this hotel in April 06 with my husband and two grown up daughters and had a very good time.The rooms were pleasant, quite spacious and clean. The swimming pool area was lovely with plenty of free umbrellas, sunbeds and mattresses which were brought out readily by the cheerful young men who managed this area. They also arranged a program of entertainments. There was also a children's pool. All the staff we found to be pleasant and helpful. The dining room could get a little crowded but the food was generally good. It was the normal international buffet food that you get at this type of hotel with a variety of salads, meat casseroles and fish dishes. We particularly liked the delicious fresh oranges, melons and sometimes grapefruit which were served peeled and sliced at breakfast time. The gardens in the hotel are very well cared for and very colourful with bougainvillea and other flowering shrubs and trees.The massages in the Fitness centre were very good.
The hotel is well situated near some shops and restaurants and is a short walk to the beach. The beach is very long and sandy but not particularly pretty (no palm trees or shrubbery) and with rubble on it in various places. There is not much evening entertainment in the hotel so you would have to go further afield for it but there are plenty of taxis.
We went on the berber evening but were very disappointed. It was a lot of congo type dancing around fires. The food was poor - just a piece of fish and chicken in a runny tomato sauce and a flat type bread and an orange with some rough red wine. It was served at low coffee tables. As soon as we sat down we were given a liqueur drink which we had to pay extra for and we also had to pay for water.
There are quite a few steps in the hotel so it may not be suitable for some people. One slightly irritating thing was that although they changed the towels every day, they took them away in the morning and did not bring the clean ones back until later in the afternoon so there were no towels if you needed them in the middle of the day.
All in all we had a very enjoyable holiday which was good value and the weather was perfect (in the 80's) except for the day we came home when it rained a bit and was cloudy.

culture shock

by piosku67

I flew to Agadir in February 2009 and unsurprisingly heavy rains welcomed us though some days ago it had been quite sunny and warm. Be prepared for it, though if you are not fond of heat and love walking, biking, hiking or whatever it’s the best time for it. Before my stay in Agadir I was sceptical about conditions of a hotel but it was very good. It was “Le Tivoli”. I think for those who tend to stay rather in a hotel room it’s a most convenient place. But an enormous mess because of the sudden repair in the streets scared us when we tried with my friend to reach the nearby beach. The repair was order by The King – we heard from our guide.
But the most irritable thing which I experienced in this country is the way street traders talked to me pressing to buy and offering different things though when I wanted to get some information it was impossible. What’s more, I was deceived by taxi drivers once because he got more money than we agreed before a ride.
I think the culture of contract is quite opposite what I am used to. I experienced it many times and was often upset and depressed in Agadir and while traveling to Marrakech. Another thing was the fact that we could not walk along the beaches in this direction where is the King’s palace. An armed soldier ordered us to come back to the area of hotels for foreigners and the pedestrian precinct. That was to much for me because normally I go almost everywhere on foot and love exploring cities and rural areas in this way crossing many barriers sometimes.
Another thing was the habit of drinking mineral water or anything else just because you’re thirsty. We were wandering in the streets of Marrakech and decided to buy a bottle of water or a yogurt. But the shop was connected with another one hidden and they were selling alcohol which for me couldn’t exist at all. I’ m not fond of alcohol. The appearance of white, European tourists nearby indicates they eager to buy some vodka or some beer. We were extremely thirsty and spontaneously started drink water or yogurt just outside the shop. It caused the sharp reaction of passersby who though it was alcohol beverage. Some Moroccan guy started to shout. We were scared.

Not a 4 star hotel more like 3star

Just got back from a week in Agadir, staying at Le Tivoli. We travelled with Thompsons booked through local First Choice agents just two days before we flew out. (luckily not an expensive holiday as a result, unlike others we met who had payed more than double what we did) Nightmare to start with as had 4 hour delay on our BA flight which meant we arrived at the hotel around 11:30pm having missed dinner, there was no provision for us to eat at the hotel despite having payed half board (others on the same flight had meals waiting for them on their arrival at their hotels). Not a great start.
The light of day showed a large clean, attractive bedroom, with a nice view over the gardens and pool. However no fridge in the room or even shampoo/shower gel which you would expect from a so called 3star+/4 star hotel. Towels and bedding changed daily and the maids did a very good job, however you aren't allowed to bring in your own food or drink, not even water( which was never provided free not even with the meals). We found it cost considerably more to buy bottled water at the bar, than over the road in the supermarket, so proceeded to sneak in bottles for the rest of the hoilday and saw many other guests doing the same!!!! Breakfast was average and being pregnant I found my choices rather limited to bread and fruit, my husband soon followed suit as unless you get up and eat between 6 and 8am the food had been out a while under the heated lights and was rather over cooked, even the croissants.
The pool area was pleasant and never crowded, with ample free sunbeds and parasols however it would be a shame to miss out on the beautiful sandy beach just 15 mins stroll down the road. We highly recommend that you pay 20 dirhams for a sunlounger in the sectioned off private areas (can recomend Palm Beach) as the obligatory beach sellers can't hassle you there as they aren't allowed in without an invitation from you.
The evening meal was much better and throughout the week we were pleased with the evening food, apart from the "in hotel" Moroccan night which gave us all severe tummy upsets. The entertainment at Le Tivoli is dire unless you like two men and an electronic keyboard every night singing the same songs. The Moroccan night was bad too we are convinced the "traditional" dancers were actually our room maids dressed up!!
Agadir is not a place for young people who like clubs, we are in our 30's and not night club fans but do like to go to a bar for the evening. The english pub (overpriced) was nice if you want to forget you are in a foreign country (we didn't) The mexican restaurant/bar had a nice lively atmosphere but that was about it. Most other places were restaurants (of which there are many to choose from) which, when you have paid for half board at a hotel don't have much appeal, so if you can afford it go B&B and eat out.
The last thing was the shopping, total nightmare, constant hassle from shop owners we only found one shop in the whole of Agadir where we were left alone to browse, needless to say we bough all our souvenirs there ( light shop next to the mexican restaurant). The medina d' Agadir is well worth a visit as it is beautiful.
Overall a disappointing holiday, Le Tivoli is dated (although they are renovating some rooms at the moment), the staff are very nice, but for 4 stars you can do so much better in other hotels in Agadir (check out Tikida Beach as an example). Overall rating 5/10

Great Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member mark70

Me and the MRS stayed for a week In the Le Tivoli Hotel.Great rooms,great food,great pool and poolside area.The staff are friendly and helpful.Only downside Is that the bar closed at midnight.Agadir itself Is o.k.There are some nice restraunts and a English bar.We ate out just the one night as the hotel food was spot on.Agadir beach itself Is beautiful and most hotels have there own private area.I suggest a trip upto the old town at dusk to see the outstsanding views and beautiful sunset.We also went to Marrakech for the day.It's a long way to go for just the day and would suggest the two day trip as Marrakech comes alive more at night and we had to leave at 19:30 for the 4 hour trip back to Agadir.Also have plenty of small change available for tipping as any small service requires a tip.All In all a fab holiday and met some great people also.I would reccomend this as a holiday destination for most people.

An ok hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member LozzieL

The Tivoli hotel is adequate but pretty basic - certainly not a 4* hotel more like a 3. The pool is nice and clean and there is a lot of choice at breakfast although some of it looks a bit dubious! Rooms are cleaned everyday - but the hotel is looking a bit like its seen better days! but overall it is in a good location and is very good value for money. (Booked through last minute).

very nice but pay attention to too smart people

On April 2006 I went there with my husband for 2 days, then after 4 days away we came back for another more day.
The rooms are large, beautiful, well furnished. The bathroom is large and comfortable.
The common areas marvellous. The swimming pool area very nice. The breakfast buffet extremely rich and well presented. People very kind.
Everything seems perfect... but pay attention to people that thinks to bee too sharp.
During the first 2 days we didn't eat meals in the restaurant but somebody did it for us. Somebody signed with our name and room number the bill. Never leave your name in the room! But the receptionist (maybe used to this kind of fraud) let us not pay.
The last day, moreover, the waitress of the swimming pool tried to steal us some money making sharp calculation for the bill.
However this is a general attitude of Maroc, that I didn't expect to find in an hotel of so high level.
Book always the room from internet because for our second visit we called by phone and asked for one room price: they asked a fare doubled. We booked in internet and saved a lot of money...
Nevertheles the hotel is good and I recommend it if you go to Agadir.

adored the TIVOLI

I have travelled all over north africa and for me the Tivoli was the most friendly and easy going hotel.
The management and staff are so caring nothing is to much trouble for them they will always make sure you are enjoying your holiday and listen to any comments you have.
I have been to the Tivoli several times and the standard has never dropped. I am looking foreward to my nex visit and know I will be welcomed as an old friend.

Best wishes

Pauleen Maynard

Le Tivoli Hotel

by ayousaf

Hi, me, my husband and daughter have just booked a holiday to Agadir, does anyone know what the holel Le Tivoli Hotel is like, is the food good, we are staying here for 14 nights, is it worth going half board or B&B. What is the local food like and how much is a evening meal cost?

Also does anyone know what the weather is going to be like at the start of November? thanks

RE: RE: Le Tivoli Hotel

by inyan

Hi there
Could You advise is there any motorhome (camper van) hire company in Morocco?
We (family of 4) are flying to Marrakesh in Jan 07 for a week.
We ll much appreciate for help to hire camper van locally.
Thanks
Andrew

hi

by omarerraji

hi i am omar 24 i live in agadir ofcourse it would be a good decision to come here the city is so beautifull there are many places woth visiting anyway contact me if u wanna know more about the city why not to be ur guide ofcourse a free guide this is my msn addy flaming-boy@hotmail.com u should also know that morocco comes in the second rank in the world concerning meals and good food

Comments