BP 346 Avenue Hassan II, Agadir, Morocco
Booking.com Otel.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 57% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Agadir

ships out at sea at Agadirships out at sea at Agadir

downtown Agadir at night with famed hill signdowntown Agadir at night with famed hill sign

my pregnant wife is trying out the poolmy pregnant wife is trying out the pool

Av. du President Kennedy with Mohammed V mosqueAv. du President Kennedy with Mohammed V mosque

me again

by chriso1969

2 days before we arrive in Agadir,can you tell me is there railway or bus services to both Marrakech and Casablanca from Agadir? and if so roughly how much it would cost and how long it would take?thanx,Chris.

by earthflyer

Buses to Marrakech from Agadir will be about 70-80 dirhams plus 5 for bags. Bus will take about 4 hours with one break on CTM Buses. I'm guessing Supratours will not be any different.

There are buses going to Casablanca from Agadir cost about 160-170 Dirhams plus 5 for bags and will take you about 9 hours with CTM Buses. 10 daily services.

There is no train service to Marrakech or Casablanca.
but you can get a train from Marrakech to Casablanca for about 80 dirhams. journey time 3 hours. First class is good.

by chriso1969

I forgot to ask what voltage is usde in Morroco?I want to bring my electric razor with me.

by earthflyer

Bugger if I know that, but if it helps just bring a 2 ping socket with you, they don't have a 3 pin socket like the UK does.

by pfsmalo

It's 220 v Chris and a 2-pin plug.

by windcity

If you are going to Casablanca because it sounds romantic or because of the film you will have a long journey and might be disappointed. It is a large sprawling city, Other than the Hassan 2 Mosque and some nice art deco architecture there is not much to see or do.

Travel Tips for Agadir

Ocean. blue sky and beach

by matcrazy1

Traveling around Morocco by own car, my wife (Urszula = matcrazy0) and I, stopped at many palces along the Atlantic Coast looking for any public beach we used to see in Western Europe and... except of hotel beaches, we didn't find any. There were rather some areas of sandy coast but dirty, with no facilities, no foreign visitors but many local sellers and beggars (kids), Urszula complained.

So, Agadir was a surprice! The beach was clean, long (8 km, 5 mi), wide with a lot of tourist facilities along (toilets/restrooms, restaurants, bars, water sport equipment hire etc.). There was a very pleasant breeze from the Atlantic which made it a very nice place all through the day. The beach was guarded by local police and there were not many sellers (a few) on the beach. I could see young locals playing football on the edges (western and eastern) of the beach. Wide and loooong sandy beach, to walk along (for me) or to get a tan (for my better half).

Good travel books and maps

by matcrazy1

Sun glasses, a hat or sth to protect your head against the sun. Films for cameras (Kodak and Fuji) and for movie cameras (Video8, Hi8) were available, usually a bit more expensive than in Europe (Spain). UV and polarizing filters for better pictures at a beach and not only. The beach towels not to pay for beach chair/umbrella (expensive!). Good travel books:
1. Lonely Planet Morocco (I had Polish and French one)
2. Michelin Maroc (Guide de Tourisme in French)

Goats in the trees!

by kadjak

During our one-day excursion to Taroudant and Tioute, we stop the minibus to watch the goats in the tree (Yes this is a real picture) The shepherd told us that they climp and decend perfectly well without any help!

terraces around the fountain

by sachara about 'La Fontaine' and 'La Tour de Babel'

Where the Passage Ait Souss (with the municipal museum) connects with the Boulevard Hassan II is a square with a fountain. Here I visited two restaurants 'La Fontaine' and 'La Tour de Babel'
(picture 1). At the same square is the 'Chambre de Commerce et Industrie d'Agadir' (picture 4). During my visit in summer 2007 there was and an exhibition and a fair in and besides the Chambre.

When I couldn't find a table in 'La Verandah', one block from here also at the Boulevard Hassan II, I came her for the first time. In one of these restaurants round the fountain it's more easy to find a table. You can chose to sit downstairs at the terraces at the sidewalks or go to the open air terraces at the first floor.

In 'La Fontaine' I had my breakfast with croissants french style. In 'La Tour de Babel' I sat at the terrace at the first floor for a drink in the late afternoon. It's relaxed to be away from the street yourself, but having a good overview from everything what happens down at the street (picture 5).

Souq al-Had, much to see

by sachara

If you are a market addict like me, you may have a lot to explore at the stalls of the Souq al-Had.
So I found at this marketstall boxes with all kind of different stuff from haberdashery, plastics, beans, stones to herbs (picture 1). Of many stuff I couldn't discover what it was, so there still are some mysteries at this market.

The combination of the mysterious products and the lifely atmosphere (picture 2 and 3) at the markets keep fascinating me to visit those places.

Comments