Oasis

See Popular Hotels

Tags

Family Travel Beaches
See Amenities

Expensive for a basic hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 27, 2015

This was the hotel we stayed on our second visit to Morocco.
We payed £400 each for a fortnight and I think that was overpriced for a bed and breakfast without even a beach to enjoy.
Oasis was quite busy with many guests when we were there. The pool are seemed nice and was a big area with plenty of seated areas around it and a bit of green lawn where we met the resident tortoise.
The breakfast was more or less the same every day, eggs, pastry, porridge, fruit, coffee, tea, cordial. I only availed myself for the first week as I just could not get up because of the late nights we had, so I didn't miss much.
The staff were ok some of the receptionists a bit stiff but perked up on the last day funnily enough.
The hotel was within walking distance to the resort centre a 10 -15 walk.
The rooms were ok twin beds with a small balcony where we sat in the evening or hung our washing out on.
Nice view of the pool garden area.
The toilet packed up one day and a plumber needed calling but other than that it seemed ok.
Would not venture back.

chrissyms's Profile Photo

Oasis Typical Package Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 1, 2007

Oasis Hotel was a typical package tour hotel on the cheap side. I have no complaints considering the price I paid. The hotel interior was shabby and could do with a lick of paint. The room was small with a small balcony overlooking the pool. The room aircon did not work at first but it was repaired immediately when I reported it. The room was cleaned every day by good efficient staff, my wife left 2 gold rings on the bedside table which were still there when we returned, this is what you should expect I know but bigger better hotels have worse records. The bar and restaurant staff were good and served with a genuine smile. We were only on bed and breakfast and only bothered two or three times, selection was poor and catered for the many French guests who seemed to tuck in with enthusiasm. The buffet style service made it hectic, I prefer to start my day relaxed not stressed with pushing and shoveing for a cup of tea. Evening meals although we did not go looked just as hectic as the queues were out into the foyer as we went out to eat on an evening, but everyone seemed to go back each night so it must have been OK.The pool area was good although we did not spend our days there, but plenty of people did and if thats what you want the facilities seemed good. There was entertainment in the evenings for those who wished. The hotel for us was just a base to explore southern Morocco,cheap, rooms clean and well serviced, cold beer in the bar, that suited us.

Directions: 5min to beach, right out of Hotel, cross main road, down some steps, through a small park, over a small road through car park and your on the front promenade looking at golden beach, with shops and restaurants in each direction

Nearby Oasis

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Suites

Agadir Travel Forum

Need advice about Agadir, Morocco? Visit the Travel Forum for Agadir and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Agadir hotel reviews

Not bad by Moroccon standards
Zoo
big taxis
Transportation
Day trips by taxi or driver from Agadir
Surfing
rent a car
Casino
Shuttle Bus to Agadir
New freeway heading north to Marrakech and Casa
Transportation
Taxi hire for excursions or travel out of Agadir
Agadir - what sun?
Tourist Traps
Dont miss this
Restaurants
Agadir to Tafraout (through the atlas mountains)
culture shock
Choo Choo Train
Kasbahn
Excursions
Things to Do
Sunsets from the fortress above Agadir
The excellent Musee Municipal
Visit the Marina
Things to Do
lounge around on the beach at Agadir
Number 26 at the Fishmarket