Ramada Almohades Agadir

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 89% more and rated 26% lower than other 4 star hotels

• sachara's Profile Photo

Lovely garden with swimmingpool

The third time we came to Agadir we made a 5 days trip into the desert with landrovers. After this interesting trip in the dusty desert it was a delight to stay for two days in the Almodades Hotel with its green and flowering garden. Most of the time I spent here close to the swimmingpool instead of going to the beach nearby.

From the entrance at the front you are in the middle of the lively area with shops and restaurants. At the back from the garden is a exit form where you can reach the beach only by crossing the street.

More about Ramada Almohades Agadir

This shot was taken from my...

by Krystynn

This shot was taken from my hotel room at the Les Almohades Hotel... Ah, beautiful TANGIER.

For more details on TANGIER, please browse through my MARRAKECH travel page. Thanks!

Casabranca's hotel

by sayaka_i about MERCURE ALMOHADES

This hotel's front stuff was very kind.
Our airplane arrived in Casabranca 12:00a.m. due to a dense fog. But they were waiting for us and gave us a hot tea. I think that this hotel just like a business hotel, because it was not so gorgeous but very cleanliness.
Unfortunately, this hotel is a little far from the station and airport. So we had to use taxy for moving.

Agadir, abundant green garden with swimmingpool

by sachara about Almohades Hotel

The third time we came to Agadir we made a 5 days trip into the desert with landrovers. After this interesting trip in the dusty desert it was a delight to stay for two days in the Almodades Hotel with its green and flowering garden. A lot of time I spent here close to the swimmingpool or in the open air restaurant instead of going out to the beach nearby or into town.

Our Hotel in TANGIER:

The ...

by Krystynn

Our Hotel in TANGIER:

The Hotel Les Almohades in TANGIER is located along the beautiful Tangier beach...

What made my stay here most memorable was my huge hotel room. I was upgraded to a junior suite - see pic below. And it faces the beautiful ocean. Very nice....
US$46++ per room per night. 'This lovely hotel, renovated in 1986 is set in gardens facing the sea, near to the beach. 12 suites, attractive rooms with modern amenities.' (per what the hotel brochure states).

There's also a great cafe/ restaurant with awesome views of the ocean(!!) and a Grill room serving delicious Moroccan and international food.

There is a heated outdoor pool with sauna and a health club too.

Christmas at the ramada

by TripAdvisor Member CheshireBoxerdog

Nice hotel staff friendly and helpful food ok.we stayed fully inc so alcohol was local brands and after a week i was so fed up with stork lager.Pool area 10 out of 10 plus one part of the pool is 10 foot deep .Rooms are nice but tired and there is only 2 english channels on the tv..Entertainment could have been a little varid Bewarned there is a shop in the basement of the hotel that sells only wood products and if the owner gets you in be prepared to part with your cash.

Honeymoon in the Ramada

by TripAdvisor Member Jules163

I would class this hotel as the lower end of 3* although we had no problems and no concerns during our stay. We stayed on half board basis. There's a good variety for breakfast including freshly cooked pancakes and omelettes. The only complaint I have is the juice is watered down (but speaking to other people in the resort, I think most hotels do this). Dinners were ok. They tried to vary the menu throughout the week but it was a bit bland. It wasn't so bad that I felt I had to eat out every night. We chose to eat out a couple of times each week to have a break from the buffet menu.
The rooms are normal size. A tv provides 3 channels in english (not 2 as in a previous post) and there was a remote in our room already. Towels were changed everday and bed linen every other day. The bed was HUGE and it was more comfortable than the one I have at home. We had a huge balcony facing the pool that was in the sun all day - a perfect private sun trap. The fridge worked, all the lights worked, shower was hot and the bath was clean (I hate dirty stained baths).
The staff were extremely friendly especially the waiter in the restuarante. Entertainment staff worked hard but we didn't participate.
I booked myself into the beauty room for a pedicure one day. Cost approx 15 UK pounds and worth every penny. She worked on my feet for 1 1/2 hours and it was wonderful.
There are 2 a la carte restaurantes in the hotel - a moroccan restuarant and a grill. There is a charge of about 4.50 UK pounds per person but they only open if there's enough reservations. We gave up trying to make reservations after a couple of attempts and never saw these restaurants open during our entire stay! Pity really!
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and I would definately stay again.

average!

by TripAdvisor Member kyliehopo

I have just arrived back from a relaxing week at the ramada hotel agadir. Firsts impressions were not good.. first room.. no lock on patio doors, complained, second room no lock on patio doors (starting to think they do not have locks) lady at reception said.. no problem u do not need to worry about your things.. hmm i was not having this 3rd room we were getting there.MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR PATIO DOORS. room was basic, beds, tv although in french but we were not paying for a remote control after all were on holiday. The pool however is fantastic lovely pool and surronding gardens although be aware it goes down almost 4 metres. (without much notice) agadir itself is a bit daunting me and my bf went out along the beach front a few times but didnt really like people pestering you or begging.

we went all inclusive and were more than happy to sit around the pool and drink all day. the food we thought was brilliant for the first few days but did get a bit samey after a week you dont want anymore bread, although a very good variety of foods. we did catch a tummy bug and speaking to people a lot of others did but we popped to the chemist and it was cleared in a day. nothing too serious.

just one more thing the staff will serve you in THEIR time, they will clear the whole bar of glasses and rubbish beforeyou will be served, we waited about 15mins for one bottle of coke! grr although very friendly.

but we had a relaxing holiday weather was brilliant, i would probably stay at the ramada agin if i was looking for a CHEAP holiday but not if i had a choice and overall had a relaxing break.

hope this comes useful.

Brilliant!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member plastic_druid

We went to Ramada for our honeymoon having read all the reviews. We decided that as a third world country we shouldn't expect much but we were pleasantly suprised. The accomodation was comfortable and clean, the staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was great (take normal precautions like don't use ice or drink the water), entertainment was OK (not our thing really we just wanted to collapse by the pool all day).
The locals were friendly but we didn't try the SUK as we didn't fancy the hassle.
If we have any complaint it is that the maid service is very overt. On one day my wife felt ill with a headache and wished to stay in bed. Despite putting the "Do not disturb" sign on the door and telling her not to go in, she still went in. When we complained to the rep she told us that the staff are frightened of losing their jobs if they don't clean so she was under pressure. We decided that, annoyed as we were at the time, it was not her fault.
All in all a great holiday and I would have no hesitation about going to this hotel again.
Advice...... take a trip up into the Atlas mountains by 4x4. You get to see the real Morocco and it is well worth the money.

Fabulous Holiday Experience!

by TripAdvisor Member PenelopeHart

I have just got back (about an hour ago actually) from a fabulous week at the Ramada Hotel in Agadir, Morocco! My partner and I (both in our twenties) cannot fault the hotel at all! I think the VERY hot weather also made it even more fabulous - with temperatures reaching 34c yesterday!!

The hotel is very clean - and the rooms are cleaned everyday without fail. The pool is very big - 3 pools in fact and there are lots of friendly staff within the hotel. The beach is also a 5 minute walk, which is very handy!

The food was excellent at the hotel - and my partner is a chef and usually complains about the standard of food when we are away - but he was really impressed!! There was lots of choice and it it was often cooked in front of the hotel guests outsede, which was nice. We stayed All-Inclusive and the drinks available were great - although local brands, definately worth it!

The only downside to the hotel was the entertainment staff. They were very friendly - but we felt that they didn't provide a high standard of entertainment - and on some occassions - it was actually cringe-worthy... However, on most nights the hotel have guest entertainers - The Snake Charmer - Definately worth seeing! The Magic Man (who is the double image of Ali-G's Borat) and a local dance troupe called Folkloure, who were excellent and very entertaining!

We booked onto 3 trips - the 2 hour full body massage - which was amazing - but be warned... They massage everything which m,ade me feel a little uneasy - although it was very relaxing! We also went on the Catch & Cruise trip which was great - and also - Camel Rides, and we were taken to this beautiful place to watch pink flamingoes in the water - it was breath taking! The Camel Rides were definetly the best trip - but be prepared for a sore bottom the next day!

Agadir itself has lots of nice bars - but hardly any clubs, so don't choose this destination if you want a partying holiday. However, we found a great club called Flamingo's which was part of the Agadir beach Hotel and it was amazing in there - and free to get in!The English are definately the minority nationality at this destination, with 90% being french and 9% being German - but this made a refreshing change as there is nothing worse than going on holiday and feeling like you have stayed in England!

Overall I would definately recommend this hotel and destination as a fabulous place for people to holiday in - from young to old - there is definately something for everyone there! The people are lovely - and everyone has a great sense of humour!

Comments