Riad Karam Hotel

Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 53% less but rated 23% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Fantastic honeymoon

My husband and me recently got married and we had booked our honeymoon in the Riad Karam Hotel in Agadir, Morocco. We had a wonderful stay in this hotel. We arrived on the 13th of September 2011 in the evening and were shown our room. This room had a few minor faults and so the next morning after breakfast we spoke to reception staff about the issues, at which point we were immediately moved to a much nicer room in which we remained for the rest of our stay.

The rooms were of a very clean standard, with the lovely cleaning lady doing not just her routine job daily, but also paid attention to detail, e.g. folding up our clothes and also realising on the 1st day that we needed an extra pillow.

We experienced problems with a hire car company whom we had booked with independently and, on discussing this with the reception staff, they were ever so helpful in assisting us in sorting these issues; making phone calls on our behalf etc.

We had only booked B&B in this hotel, the breakfast was basic, but fresh and plenty. We decided one night to have an evening meal in the Hotel restaurant. On arrival in the restaurant we were shown a carefully laid out table, including decoration of rose petals across it. This was a lovely gesture re. our honeymoon. The meal was a balanced 4-course meal which was tasty.

We can only praise all the staff for their kindness, helpfulness and never-ending readiness to ask how we were and if we needed anything. Their continuous smiles only added to their incredible service to us throughout our stay there.

Thank you to all at the Riad Karam for making our stay so memorable!!!!

We are hoping to return to the Riad Karam next year!! :)

More about Agadir

Agadir - MoroccoAgadir - Morocco

Cascades of Imouzzer in sightCascades of Imouzzer in sight

Fire station designed by Jean-Francois ZevacoFire station designed by Jean-Francois Zevaco

Avenue de 29 fevrierAvenue de 29 fevrier

Surfboard Rental

by cormacgreene

Hey guys...

Im renting a car in agadir for the week and, for most of that week, I hope to drive north along the coast for a nice surf
does any body know if you can rent a decent surfboard IN AGADIR- we are staying there each night- with a leash etc and how much this would cost per day??

Cheers!!

by john9159

You will have to go to Taghazout ideally for surfing, this is 20 minutes drive north of Agadir and is a surfers paradise. There will be plenty of scope when you arrive here.

by cabeyp

You are better off heading to Taghazout as the previous post already said. Plenty of surf camps and rental places around.

by peaceful-surfer

Hi there
well most of the surf shops are based in Taghazout so about more than 8 surfshops in Taghazout (22km north agadir) used to rent all the surf gears and of course with a car it would be useful to hit some spots around especialy Immessouane and tamri However its windy nowadays

if you need any extra information feel free to contact the peaceful surfer from agadir
peaceful-surfer@hotmail.fr

aloha surf

by sutrin

go to http://www.rentasurfboard.com, they hire surftech surfboards in Taghazout and longboards, it costs around 100 Euros. You can find cheaper boards but not of that quality.

Travel Tips for Agadir

Markets in Agadir

by sachara

I like to stroll around on markets in the countires I visit, because of the liveliness, to have a look to the products of the region and sometimes to do some shopping.

I was lucky, just one block from my hotel in Nouveau Talborjt was a local market. I could buy fruits (picture 1) and bread (picture 2) here. It's one block southwest of the Place Lahcen Tamri

Agadir has also a Central Market in the citycentre (picture 3) between the Boulevard Hassan II and Avenue Prince Moulay Abdallah. You can find here vegetables, fruits, meat, flowers, souvenirs. This time I went to the Central Market to see one of my VT- friends Med (me_34) who has his flowershop (picture 4 & 5) here. It was nice to sit in his shop for some time and have a look at the daily life in the markethall and of course enjoy his hospitality, having lunch together. Thanks Med for the fresh flowers every two days at my hotelroom and roses to bring home.

Cooking couscous and mixed language

by matcrazy1

I could easily watch how do locals prepare national meal of Morocco (and northern Africa) - couscous in special pots.

A very amuzing waiter and the only staff member of one of the local, cheaper restaurants located close to CTM bus station tried to explain me how to prepare the best couscous but I couldn't understand his mixed French-English-Arabic language :-) although that guy informed me that he could speak 6 languages :-).

Marrakech old town - Tannery

by beccyandjohn

If visiting Marrakech ask one of the taxis to take you here will only be about 20 MADS.

This is a very old tannery and the smell was realy bad , rotting flesh being dipped in lime this was either goat camel or cow.

When you arrive becarefull because the locals will try and show you around for a tip, it is free to look around might be best to ask if photos can be taken as so not to upset the workers.

At the end there is a leather shop where you can purchase bags and shoes etc.

Big Mac

by earthflyer about McDonalds

There's two mcDonalds here in Agadir one you will find on the beach by The children rides area and the other down the main road of Blvd du 20 Aout past the Hotel Mabrouk.

The air-con inside is freshing when it's really hot outside.

Souq al-Had

by sachara

In the southeast of Agadir is a walled market, the Souq al-Had. I visited this place at my first day ever in Agadir. There are many goods for sale like food, herbs, household stuff, clothes. There are also lots of souvenirsstalls.

The atmosphere in the Souq is more traditionally Moroccan than in the Central Market area in the modern citycentre of Agadir where you can find also lots of souvenir stalls, the Uniprixsupermarket, shops and restaurants.

Comments