Agadir Hotels

Our Members Say

• greedy.baby profile photo greedy.baby
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

SUD BAHIA: HOTEL SUD BAHIA

This hotel is a 3* so do not expect it 4* at all! the hotel itself is clean. there are always cleaners around doing thier jobs. the staff are very nice and friendly, but I didnt recieve the expected friendliness from the reception. there is a lady who dresses quite well, who seems to assume she knows EVERYTHING, but doesn't and they cannot deal with complaints!

The facilities are fair, but i didn't go in the pool as it had dead bugs and flies floating about in it, although it was clean inside. the garden is quite big and it has a kiddies pool too but again it had dead bugs floating in it.

the breakfast was typically Moroccan with a buffet of breads, butter, tomatoes, boiled eggs, sliced pork, and a speciallity of Arghan oil, Chutney or honey. they serve tea or coffee, but fresh juice or anything else costs extra around £1.00 a glass of juice. 1 small pot of yogurt cost us £1.20, but we found a local shop selling cheaper and sneaked our own in as it was cheaper.they had basket of oranges which we would take back to our room for a little snack for the kids.

The hotel is quite big and quite except the lift makes a noise especialy at night. The lift does have a mind of its own and doesn't tend to come when you want it to, and so we often used to have to use the bell boys lift which is dangerous for kids as the can trap thier fingers as the lift goes up.

This hotel is busy as everyday there ae groups of tourists arriving. when we were there a group of russians arrived in the middle of the night but had to wait for room and eventually were shifted to another hotel as there were no rooms available.

it is literally about 4-5minutes from the beach, local shops and beach front/promenade so ideal for evening walks and eating out. We only had b+b at this hotel, but always ate out for fresh air.

overall this hotel is ok, but do not expect excellent or good service from the reception, as there is 1 female who forgot to smile when she was employed. 1 female who thinks she knows all, but actually gave us the wrong details. eg;We decided to take up a massage through the hotel service which was around £20 each, my husband was suppose to look after the kids, while i went, and then i would watch them until he came back from his massage. When i went to book myself in the receptionaist said it was fine and "no problem" to take the kids and hubby, so we did as went by her word, but we were then picked up by a 4x4 (which went around collecting other clients from around Agadirs hotels that took 30 minutes) we couldnt take our pushchair as there were too many steps to climb up to the building on the 3rd floor where the massgae spa is. plus me and my husband were in the same room WITH THE KIDS who were crying thier eyes out as they were scared of the dark and wanted to sit with us on the bed and kept touching the sockets, the display of oils and candles that were lit etc. there was nowhere for them to sit or go. so eventually my baby had to sit on my back and then my tummy whilst the therapist massged me. and by the way the therapist do not speak a word of english!

It wasnt relaxing and there was NO CHILDCARE so i was more stressed out instead of being relaxed. after the massage we were dropped off 1 by 1 at our hotels and when i complianed at the reception about the service they said I must speak to the recpetionist who booked us in. When i spoke to her the next morning I exlained that i was not happy with the service as she told me to take the kids and it was a bad idea, which she should have known, and the massage was rushed as the kids were in the way. I asked for another booking or money back. she said she will call the spa and find out what happened, 3rd time i asked her she acused me of lying that i did not recieve a massgae, and refused to book me in or refund my money. i explained to her that she told me to take the children and there was no childcare and a 3 flights of stairs to climb and no lift plus the saftey of the children was no good. she then said she had no idea it was like that and assumed that there was childcare during massage. she then changed her words and said she never said to take the children and so on and evetually i was so mad at her that i just ignored her for the rest of my stay which really ruined everything.

There is a thompson rep there for the hotel, but we have to call him on his number as he is actaully never present there, which is strange as i have been to other resorts where reps are present all the time.

The htel is crap for dealing with inquiries, complaints and don't give a damn, they just want money and thats it. It was the worst reception service i have ever had and put off with this hotel altogether. we booked our tours with another tour group on the promenade and the hotel didnt like this and asked us everytime why we didnt book our tours with the hotel, they didnt like giving informatioan or tips about the area or town. there was a taxi strike for 3 days and they never told us so we had to stand on the main road and find a taxi that may have not been on strike, which took 30 minutes in the heat.

It has balcony view of the sea, and the garden which is nice, but thats about it.
I wouldnt come back to this hotel even if it was free, simply because reception is really bad we had to ask 4 times for an extra pillow for the bed/baby. we asked for a cot and booked one in with thompson, but never recieved one. the room wals are not smoothly plastered and really bumpy hard and my baby fell against the wall and bruised herself on her cheak.

I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone, but if you are on a budget this is fine to sleep overnight in. do not expect complaints/inquiries dealt with professionaly at the reception. currency exchange is available at the desk but ask the rate before exchanging, the hotel gave the same rate at the bank, there is a bank around the corner and a cash machine inside the hotel, but check if this charges you.

it has wheelchair/pushchair access into the hotel, but lifts are abit wierd and slow, wheel chair and pushchair access to garden and pool surrounds too.

Interior of the hotel ok, not modern but it is a big hotel and 4 floors, the bathrooms need a change as ours was a bit rusty tired looking, but room/bed were made everyday whilst we were out. our room contained a bathroom with bath tub, shower old style, a toilet and bidet. the room had 3 single beds which we had to put together to make a double and our baby slept with us as there were no cots provided even though we asked. thee is small dressing table a small armchair and balcony which is very very small about a foot out and thats it. but view is good of the sea. curtains were abit broken but we managed. it is a 3* remember?

I wouldnt recommend this to anyone with children as it has some saftey issues in the room as well as the lifts and the pool cleanliness.
there are AOT of german, russian and french tourists in this hotel especially elderly couples.
hotel charges fouble even triple the price compared to other tour groups in street. we went with tour group outside found on beach front, and they did not rip us off but worked out to be twice as cheaper than the hotel and took us on tour very nicely.

1. good view of the sea
2. located very near to the beach, the local shops where you can milk for babies, sweets and general grocery from.
3. there is bank nearby for currency exchange
4. the hotel exchanges money the same rate as the bank and has a cash machine inside the hotel although some people were experancing problems with this.
5. all staff friendly EXCEPT THE RECEPTIONISTS!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Singles, Seniors
  • Written April 9, 2009

PICTURE FROM SUNBATHING DECK

• windcity profile photo windcity
  • Reviews: 62

Hotel El Bahia: Hotel near the bus station

This is our favourite budget hotel in Agadir, The management are multi lingual and friendly, rooms are not that big but very clean all have hot showers, Satellite T.V, and air con. Breakfast is optional and is served in the courtyard which has an interesting water feature, If it is not working, ask the staff to turn it on !
It is always advisable to telephone in advance as occasionally we have found it fully booked on arrival. The hotel Lynx, just up the street is in the same group, If the Bahia is full this is a good alternative.
A double room costs 250Dh per night in high season.

There are several internet cafés in the area but none open before 10am

Just across the square are a selection of restaurants offering 3 course traditional Moroccan meals for 45 Dirham per person.

The bus station is only 2 minutes away.

Friendly staff and convenient to the bus station. Ticket prices at the cinema opposite are just 4.5Dh...
Lots of places to eat in the immediate area...........
Good transport hub for shared long distance taxi's, buses and mini cabs.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Women's Travel, Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written September 9, 2007

Patio Hotel El Bahia

• catherineneill profile photo catherineneill
  • Reviews: 244

Kamal Hotel: Kamal Hotel

After reading lots of negative reviews about this hotel we were slightly worried. However, for the price of the hotel it is not worth complaining. The rooms are decent sized, with balcony, although the hotel, like many other buildings in agadir is not very pretty looking. They were cleaned every day and the cleaner would also hang up my clothes. The clientel was of course lots of package holiday-ers from england. The pool is ok , and there is a bar there where you can get lunch. The restaurant is nice too with a good selection of wine. In the lobby there is another bar.

really lovely helpful staff.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Study Abroad
  • Written August 19, 2007

• windcity profile photo windcity
  • Reviews: 62

Marbrouk Hotel: Good value hotel in Agadir

We stayed 3 nights at the Marbrouk hotel in Agadir, The front office staff were friendly & helpful, The beds were comfortable, The shower was hot, The bar was well stocked and the pool was clean. Under the hotel is a pool room & night club which was the only negative as the music could be heard late into the night. It is centrally located, & a short walk to the beach. The price of a double or twin room per night of 482 dh included a simple breakfast of bread, jam, egg, yogurt, orange juice (not freshly squeezed and probably from a carton) and the most disgusting coffee I've ever tasted, The receptionist said he couldnt drink it either.

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel

hotel-letivoli.com

mirageagadir

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 11, 2007

• dgines profile photo dgines
  • Reviews: 251

Tagadirt: Cat Lovin'

I usually base the quality of a budget hotel by 2 things: 1) do I feel the need to wear my flip flops in the room (including the tub) and 2) do I feel the need to sleep in the old silk sleep sack I once used when backing packing through Europe. This place made me want to do both.

The hot buffet breakfast was decent. The hotel staff and some guests watched a few cats getting it on. The noise could also be heard at night....

• Written February 2, 2007

• orlikins profile photo orlikins
  • Reviews: 1189

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Riu Tikida Dunas: Hotel Riu Tikida Dunas

The Tikida Dunas is a lovely four star hotel by the beach in Agadir. It offers all-inclusive deals whereby you can eat and drink to your heart's content... and we sure did that! :)

The Tikida Dunas offers outdoor pools (unheated), kids' play area, tennis courts and an indoor gym and beauty salon... it is very easy to stay in the hotel all the time and not want or need to leave the place.

The food was top-notch every time and the grounds are beautiful.

However, I did have a couple of gripes such as:

- inconsistent information amongst the staff.. lots of faffing about with "Oh I don't know about that, you'd have to ask the manager/reception"

- we were the youngest guests in the hotel by about 30 years... however not everyone can stay in a four star ;) but still, we did find it a bit frustrating at times when it came to sedate entertainment activities.

- the girl in the internet section clearly only got the job because she was related to someone influentual, she didn't have a clue about any aspect of IT aside from MSN and the net. I had to show her how to change fonts in MS Word, which is pretty basic stuff. Don't get me started on the time I had to explain the concept of a fax machine and a USB stick to her...

The pools and sea views are amazing.

Food and cleaning are of excellent standard.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Spa and Resort, Beaches
  • Written December 2, 2006

Poolside, Tikida Dunas

• stego profile photo stego
  • Reviews: 14

Le Tivoli: Excelent value for money. Good for family holidays

I stayed here with my wife and 8 years old child for 10 nights and paid 565 Eur for a *huge* suite and half board. I must say that I wouldn't be much surprised or unhappy and wouldn't consider myself cheated if either I would have paid more or if the hotel wasn't so good. Although I don't remember anything out of the "good, but common 4 stars", it's a nice place to stay, nothing too fancy, with friendly staff. Its location is fairly good, in a place not too busy, but with a choice of cafes and restaurants. Like many others hotels in any international resort, it's a little away from the center of the town, but in that respect is better than others, namely the newer ones. The beach is about 500 meters, which can be a major con, specially for western women - not that I noticed that they can be harrassed, but as Moroccan women go fully dressed to the beach, my wife found herself like a weird being in the beach.
Our suite had view to a order of the garden and to the sea, and was by far the bigger one where we ever stayed.
The food is a little bit boring after a few days, again not bad nor good. Every night there was a little free show by the pool, featuring mainly local artists, mostly folcloric.

- Very spacious rooms (at least the "junior family suite" where we stayed).
- Well located, although 500 meters from the beach and a little more from the real and touristic center of Agadir.

• Related to: Family Travel, Beaches
  • Written September 9, 2006

Entrance of Hotel Tivoli, Agadir

• steve1975l profile photo steve1975l
  • Reviews: 9

Residence Intouriste: Residence Intouriste

This modern aparthotel is surrounded by building work where there is actually very little building going on. The pool has only around 45 sun beds so get up by 9am to ensure you reserve yours. Any building work is masked out by music being played by the hotel. So if you get up late the beach is around 20 mins walk or a short ride in a Petite orange taxi although 3 persons max. So for a family of 4 you will need 2 taxi’s which costs just over £1.

In the lobby/bar there is waiter service but make sure you ask or they will walk past. A pint of beer costs 30 dirham about £2. The staff are very friendly once you get to know them and they are probably the hotel’s best asset. Small tipping will get you new friends and quick service. There is nightly entertainment at 9pm every night the acrobatics and the magician being the best. Music continues until midnight so if you want an early night the atrium and the open plan layout make the rooms noisy and sleeping difficult. The hotel has a very basic shop although is there is a massive supermarket 10 mins walk away (Marjane). There is a restaurant for dinner but we didn’t try that but others said it wasn’t very good and decent restaurants can be found only a short taxi ride away by the beach. There is a snack bar for lunch serving burgers, kebabs etc but I wouldn’t recommend it. There is a basic buffet restaurant which costs just over £3.

We felt this hotel represented good value for money and weren’t disappointed with our choice as we knew about the building work. The restaurants were a short taxi ride away or a 20-30 min walk away. I spoke to one couple who on arrival were disappointed but next day had warmed to the place.

We had a one bedroom apartment which has basic self catering facilities. The main room was large, light and airy and had 4 sofas that the maids can adapt into single beds. The bedroom was equally large, light and airy and had the benefit of air conditioning. The bathroom is fully tiled and had a large shower. There was no hair drier in the room but there was a television but only one English Channel (BBC World). The rooms and hotel in general are kept very clean.

• Written September 1, 2006

Front of hotel

• desert_princess profile photo desert_princess
  • Reviews: 1271

Accomodations

LTI Agadir Beach Club****+ - LTI Agadir Beach Club ; P.P.310 , 80000 Agadir , Morocco
Tel + 212 48 84 4343 , fax +212 48 08 63 email: abcmaroc@marocnet.net.ma -446 rooms
LTI Al Madina Palace Hotel ****+ LTI – Al Madina Palace Hotel ; Boulevard du 20 Aout ;
80000 Agadir , Morocco ; Tel +212 4884 5353 Fax +212 4884 5308 , almadina@lti.de -206 rooms
www.ltu-touristik-onlineschulung.com www.ltu-touristik.com

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written May 31, 2006

• RoyJava profile photo RoyJava
  • Reviews: 1368

Club Sangho Resort: Mass Tourism Area

A city in one hotel, how do you describe such one?
2 Swimmingpools - 2 Restaurants - Pizzeria - Snack bar - Discotheque - 2 Bars - Boutiques - Massages - Salle de jeux electroniques - Bibliotheque

Sport animations like tennis, archery, petanque, windsurf, volleyball, mini-golf, ping-pong, bodybuilding, gymnastic, mini-club for children from 3 to 12 yrs., safe exchange.

No, I am not the type for a mass-tourism hotel area. Even the more expensive ones. So many people gave me the nerves. At the other side we had so much fun, just because of acting like package tourists. So looking back it wasn't that bad ...

Lodgins pavilions dominated the sea and beautiful garden, the rooms wide and comfortable had all bathrooms, terraces or balconies. Sharing mine with 2 male models, wonderfull personalities, it was a great experience in Agadir. Good memories!!!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average