Inezgane Hotels

• maykal profile photo maykal
  • Reviews: 1360

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Louz

Arriving after midnight after a second day of long-distance taxi/bus journeys, I couldn't even be bothered to walk up the main street to the cheepest hotels. Instead, i checked into the Hotel Louz, overlooking the busy taxi station. The man at reception was half asleep, initially quite miserable and aloof, but giving my profession as "teacher" brought out all his manners and a smile...odd the respect a teacher gets in Morocco!!

My room was en-suite, something of a luxury on this trip, but it isn't always the luxury it at first seems. Shared bathrooms are often spotless, whereas the en-suite ones can be dysfunctional. Mine was semi-dysfunctional....the shower worked fine and was even hot, but the cold tap at the sink dripped all night, the toilet gurgled but didn't properly flush, and the door didn't shut. I thought I'd managed to shut it before going to bed, but just after I'd dropped off to sleep, it sprang open with a loud creaking sound, which was quite a startling thing to hear in the pitch black! The room itself was ok, nothing exceptional...the light wasn't very bright, the pillow case not the cleanest I'd ever seen, but it was only 80 dirhams for an en-suite twin room (approx. 12 dirhams = £1), so I can't grumble.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written January 18, 2010

• maykal profile photo maykal
  • Reviews: 1360

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Morjane

My first choice (the Al-Qods next door) was full, but there were many similar hotels on this street...the Morjane was just picked at random. The friendly receptionist was baffled by my arrival, but seemed happy enough to have a foreigner in his hotel. The rest of the guests were Moroccan men, in Inezgane for business, some of them long term residents, all of them smoking and drinking mint tea while watching the African Cup highlights on telly in the lounge. The tea was good, the shower in the morning not quite as warm as the welcome, and I had a bed to sleep in...what more do you need, really?

Rooms are arranged around an enclosed courtyard, with a shower and toilets on each floor. There's not a lot to say about the room...it had a bed and a table, and that was about it. The "buvette" (cafe) stayed open as long as there were guests awake, and the television was not exactly quiet, so if offered a room on the same floor, ask to change it for one on an upper floor.

For 50 dirhams a night (roughly 12 dirhams = £1), there's not much to complain about.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive