El Jadida Hotels

Our Members Say

• angiebabe profile photo angiebabe
  • Reviews: 1682

Yahia Hotel: Appreciated finding this hotel...would stay again

Stayed here because we had seen the signs giving directions to this hotel - other hotels including the Ibis budget were expensive!
Thankfully the Yahia was a great find as it was much lower, included breakfast and was new - only a few months since opened so everything was very modern, clean and functioning - including good wifi.

Parking was under the hotel with elevator access to reception and each of the accommodation floors.
Probably about 10-15minutes walk to the beach.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written December 20, 2013

• Bennytheball profile photo Bennytheball
  • Reviews: 96

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

A budget hotel.

I arrived at Hotel Moderne without a reservation, I expected that off-season this would be unnecessary, I chose this hotel on a recommendation read on Tripadvisor, and also its location, close to the Portuguese City which I wanted to visit.

The hotel's name belies its reality, It's not modern, it's an old French hotel probably dating from around 1920....

At the reception, the two young girls, who only spoke French, offered me a room on the second floor, but it had a claustrophobic atmosphere with only a small window, high up near the ceiling, so I asked for a room ensuite overlooking the street. This room was quite small with a footprint toilet and shower squeezed in, and a wash hand basin, but the view of the street below was pleasant, so I paid my bill of Dh300 for two nights, in advance. The room was clean and with plenty of hot water in the shower, adequate for two nights, as I would be out and about exploring and drinking beer most of the time...........

There was building work in progress, so lots of hammering and noise during the day, but during the night the hotel was quiet, and I slept well. Unfortunately, as dawn broke around half past six the sparrows sleeping in the orange trees outside in the street woke me up with their dawn chorus, along with a very noisy cuckoo, then the incessant roar of traffic along Avenue Hassan 2 started, making further sleep impossible. I realised why the girls had offered me the back room. Even with the glass windows and jalousies closed, the traffic noise could not be excluded until after midnight when it subsided.

I decided to visit the flat roof to see if I could find a quiet place to bask in the sun, but this idea was abandoned when I saw the amount of rubbish strewn around, one parabole (satellite dish) was precariously propped up by a plastic bottle crate, and the staircase had no safety bannister.

In conclusion, the hotel was suitable for my purposes, and the girls did their best to make me feel welcome, but if I was intending to stay longer than the two nights, I would look for something more upmarket................Benny.

For muslim guests there is a small prayer room on the second floor.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 29, 2013

Hotel Moderne.

• Doctor38 profile photo Doctor38
  • Reviews: 331

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

El Jadah Hotel: El Jadah Hotel

This is a nice budget hotel. The rooms are spacious with bathroom. It will cost you 80 for single and 120 for double during summer time. In winter single will cost you 60 Dh and 100 for double. It is within walking distance from the fort and the Downtown beach. It is loated within the market but the hotel is not noisy.

The hotel is located on Rue Zerkatooni phone number 023 351 554

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written October 6, 2008

• Yiannis2000 profile photo Yiannis2000
  • Reviews: 310

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bordeaux hotel: The cosiest little place just next to the old port

Very clean, very friendly and safe, although located in the narrow streets by the marketplace, only cold water in rooms but good common bath.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written January 4, 2007

• Urban_Kitten profile photo Urban_Kitten
  • Reviews: 22

Hotel de France/ Hotel Maghreb: Waterfront "Diamond-in-the-Rough" in El Jadida

Double your pleasure with 2 hotels in one - depending on which entrance you use. This is the cheapest hotel that we stayed at during our trek through Morocco and by far one of the best values. VERY cheap but clean, bright & well-situated. Shared bathrooms were among the cleanest and the showers were hot!! Right along the waterfront, we had views of the fishing boats and great rooftop views.

Cheap, clean, cheap, clean!!!!! Did I mention that it was cheap - like $5 Canadian. Very comfy too.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive