Hotel marmar

av.le prince mouly abdellah, N°16 (boulevard relie ente la gare routier et l'aireport), Ouarzazate,
Hotel marmar

ALBERT BERGADAALBERT BERGADA

View from the Kasbah de TaourirtView from the Kasbah de Taourirt

Traveling from Marrakech to Ouarzazate

by princessch

I am traveling to Morocco in March. I will first be in Marrakech, then plan to travel to Ouarzazate, then Fes, then back to Marrakech. Can anyone give advice on the best way to travel between the cities? Particularly for the long distances like Ouarzazate to Fes? It is my understanding that hiring a chauffeur will be very expensive, and I don't feel comfortable renting a car and driving myself.

RE: Traveling from Marrakech to Ouarzazate

by flypeg

My husband and I are planning a similar trip the end of March. We'll be leaving Marrakech in the morning and traveling through the mountains, stopping in Ouarzazate for lunch and then on to the Dades Valley where we'll spend the night. The next morning we'll be travelling to Merzouga to spend the night in the desert, then on to Fes the following morning.

I figured hiring a driver was going to be the best way to do this...I too am not interested in driving (I hear it can be a little nerve racking on some of the roads) I've looked into the cost of a driver, and from what I can tell, it will be around 100 dollars/day Canadian. The cost can be split if you have others in the vehicle with you..although I'm somewhat reluctant to do that as I want to be able to stop for pictures, lunch, sightseeing etc. along the way and I don't want to be stuck with a rigid agenda.

by flypeg

I would like contact information for an English speaking driver if you've got it....also, is this something that needs to be booked ahead of time?..or can I just make arrangements from our riad in Marrakech?

by JamalMorelli

Hello Trvel poeples,

I have friend one driver for me no too badly. He is cute luxurious and englsh speaker, Moha.

If want for me one friend, I love helping people blond black or any luxury. As you like.

email me at hamar1500@yahoo.fr for pricesing.

by JamalMorelli

I'd thought I'd pass the above post along - just doing a friend a favor.

OP: Take the CTM from Ouarzazate to Marrakesh.
Then take the train from Marrakesh to Fes. (1st class)

Fes - Marrakesh: Train.

Essentially, everything that ashille said above.

Don't drive, don't hire, don't bother with renting. Do the above - the train is a lovely ride, and the Supratour or CTM ride is completely enjoyable.

by aegialichick

i was also thinking of doing this trip,Jamal, I hope everyone in Morocco has your humour, thanks

Travel Tips for Ouarzazate

Taourirt Kasbah

by suvanki

This was once, one of the largest Kasbahs of the area, and was home to members of the Glaoui Dynasty, who ruled the vicinity.

Parts of this Kasbah have been carefully restored by Unesco.
It is probably the main sightseeing venue of Ouarzazate.

Open 0800-18.30 daily
Admission 10dh. (2007)

On entering the kasbah, I was approached by a guide who spoke French. Realising that I was English, he sent for an English speaking colleague.

I wasn't really sure if I wanted or needed a guide, but I was glad to find that the guide that appeared to show me around spoke very good English, and was very informative - I only wish that I could remember half of what he told me about the kasbah- he really bought the kasbah to life!

As well as being informative, he wasn't pushy- he took me to shops etc - where the cynical me expected that I'd be expected to buy something, and I was shamed to find that the shopkeepers just wanted to show me their shops (These were in historic situations etc) and were pleased to welcome a foreign visitor. Quite a humbling lesson!

Its' location in the oasis,and fertile Draa Valley, ensured that there was a good supply of fruit, vegetables, wheat and Barley for its inhabitants, and for trading purposes.

The kasbah, as well as housing the aforementioned family, plus their servants and workers, was an important trading centre.

Nowadays, as well as being a tourist sight, it is a museum and is hired out to film companies, and for wedding celebrations.

On the way to Ouarzazate (part VII)

by amsterdam_vallon

On your way, you will see some very strange landscape. Straight from the moon!!

On this picture :
The Jbel Tifernine. As in any desert zone, water is not always beneficial there: it falls only 100 mm there per annum on average, but in the form of pourring rains and devastating which carry all on their passage.

Ouarzazate

by iwys

Ouarzazate is a transport hub. That just about says it all. For years I had wanted to visit this place, but basically it is mainly noteworthy for its bus station. There are plenty of interesting places around it, however, especially Ait Benhadou.

My advice is catch the bus in and out of here, but don't bother staying.

Comments