Province de Chaouen Hotels

• Remco_D profile photo Remco_D
  • Reviews: 7

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Castellana: La Castellana - Like home

This guesthouse is perhaps the one I liked the most of all guesthouses i have ever visited.

The rooms are clean, the staff is great and the location is perfect!!

The hostel is next to the main square of Chefchaouen's medina, it has a lovely roof terrace where travellers from all over the world spend there nights exhanging travel experiences.

The bathroom is public, but very clean and the showers have hot water.

La Castellana is a good laid back option for backpackers with a very democratic price.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written March 13, 2008
Tip Photo

La Castellana

• Venturingnow profile photo Venturingnow
  • Reviews: 877

Pension Sznika: Morocco's most laid back hostel owner

Pension Sznika was the coolest place I've ever stayed in my life. A place this cheap was definately worth the searching to find. The owner here is the coolest guy I've ever met, all he does is smoke hashish all day long, and he is just so mello it's hillarious! I showed up to ask if he had a room and he was like, "I do not know, you go up and check the room". After I searched and found all the rooms empty, I was like, do you want me to pay you and he was like, "I don't care, I go now."

The best part about this place other than the owner was the rooftop terrace, it was sweet! Going up to see the sunset and then watching the moon and stars come out couldn't be beaten. Hearing the Muezzins chant the call to prayers from atop the two main minarets (towers) in Chefchouen was overwhelmingly surreal.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written February 22, 2003
Tip Photo

My Room, not me in the picture

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful