Ibis Moussafir Fes

Tags

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Budget Travel Historical Travel
See Amenities

I've been robbed!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 24, 2010

I spent 2 nights in this hotel during a weekend getaway to lively Fes. The hotel is conveniently located next to the train station and the pool area is nice and refreshing, but those two things are the only positive stuff I can say about it.
The last day before checking out I realized a 50€ note was missing from the side pocket of my suitcase. It was all the money I had left, so it couldn't be a misunderstanding, I HAD BEEN ROBBED 50€!!
The hotel manager listened to me but I'm still waiting for his apologies, he just muttered I should have left my valuable items at the reception safe-box(all my baggage is valuable!!). Afterwards I filled out a complaint and he was rude and bad-mannered. I also felt I was so poorly treated for being a young woman.
Despite speaking Spanish, the manager made me speak in English while explaining the theft, so that the majority of the customers that were Spanish would not understand what had happened, simply disgusting and shameful.
In addition, the room was very small, even by European standards, OK is an Ibis, but too tiny. The bed had black dust on top when we arrived. The key broke twice in 2 days. The air conditioned didn't worked properly and our clothes were soaked(room 231). The breakfast wasn't worth the 55MAD we paid, it was low quality food and a limited choice, I would rather enjoy a better and cheaper one at the entrance of the medina.
And be aware, because I was forced to pay at check-in although I was supposed to do it at check-out.
Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. I WAS ROBBED for the first time in my life. A good location and low prices are not worth a theft and an appalling service that will surely ruin your vacation.

310ValleyGirl's Profile Photo

Hotel Convenience!

by written on April 2, 2007

I still can't get over how close Ibis was from the train station. It was (perhaps) 40 steps from the tracks, but you didn't hear the trains at all. And, just outside the train station, many of the city buses would stop. The hotel was in the center of convenience! The pool/garden view was very nice and well priced.

Unique Quality: After you get over you "America is Great" complex. This is a good place to stay. It has clean sheets, a clean bathroom, no bugs, well priced, and conveniently located.

JamalMorelli's Profile Photo

Old Reliable

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 3, 2007

Right next to every train station is parked a Holiday Inn style chain hotel named Ibis. Got one of those in your hometown? Welliwell booboo! Then you know what this candybar tastes like. Don't expect anything unusual here or 'local' in flavor - just go to sleep.

Unique Quality: Unique in it's unrelenting predictability. Greatest thing about Ibis is that it is right near the train station making it especially good for late night crashing.

kit_mc's Profile Photo

Consistent, clean, modern.

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 18, 2006

The Ibis is really just your bog standard chain hotel, which means you're assured a fairly consistent standard of service and accommodation will be of a mid-range European standard. We booked this place mainly because it was the only reasonably priced hotel in Fes that we could find a website for in order to book in advance.

The best thing about the Ibis in Fes is that it's right beside the train station. If you're arriving at Fes airport, the number 16 bus that ferries travellers into town, terminates outside the hotel, so this is also a really easy place to locate in unfamiliar surroundings. This means that you don't have to run the gauntlet of touts and faux guides while dragging your luggage through town.

The cost is comparitively high by Moroccan standards, and perhaps if you return to Fes, with more confidence and knowing your way around better, you might want to try finding something cheaper. But for location and easing yourself into Morocco, thus avoiding complete culture shock on your first days, this helps. Prices on the internet were much cheaper when we went (out of season in Nov 2006) than just turning up. If you turn up on the day it'll cost in the region of up to 550 dhiram per night.

While the Ville Nouvelle tends to quieten down after 10pm, you might prefer to ask for a room with a view over the pool as the air conditioning is fairly weak and you may want to leave your window open at night.

Unique Quality: There's TV (1 channel showing English language films with Arabic subtitles, the rest in French, Arabic or Spanish), a decent, clean bathroom and clean sheets. Clean sheets and a nice warm shower in a bathroom that doesn't smell of urine is really something that you come to appreciate in Morocco.

Breakfast was included and consists of a self-service affair with croissants, boiled eggs, yogurt and bread as well as coffee, tea and orange juice. A decent (and more expensive) restaurant is on the premises and there's also a bar serving alcohol and snacks. This is one of the few mid-range places in Fes that also has a swimming pool and some sun loungers making it a good pick in the summer. Taxis from here to the Medina shouldn't set you back more than 10 dh, likewise a taxi to the CTM station in the south of town.

If you've just arrived and are trying to acclimatise before moving and staying in more budget accomodation or you've been doing the whole Moroccan cheap hotel thing and long for a warm shower and clean European style loo, then you could do worse than treat yourself here for a night or two.

Directions: Beside Fes train station and the terminus for the airport bus (no 16)

JamalMorelli's Profile Photo

When you are getting in those late train rides...

by written on September 16, 2006

For Americans, this is really a good start for a hotel. It will remind someone enough of a chain to help ease into the general disorienting feeling of Fes. I prefer this place when I am travelling by train long distances - you can also duck into their restaurants when you have a bit of a wait at the station. I loved this place when I had just travelled for over 14 hours from the UK/Italy\Casa... and the pool felt so right in August...

Don't forget - you are near a station, so ask for for the rooms near or over the garden area.

Unique Quality: Again, the key word here is familiarity. Alot of people complain of their stays not having clear standards - Hotel Ibis Moussafir has them, and keeps them all over Morocco.

Directions: Right at the train station

Bernhadette's Profile Photo

Cosy and warm...

by written on June 7, 2006

The Ibis Moussafir is a very comfortable 3-star-hotel.
You can feel at ease all around. The rooms are very modern, cosy and clean, with shower and TV. They are heated in winter-time. The staff is very obligent and helpful.

Out of the season you might get a 25% reduction for the 2nd day under certain conditions. Try and ask.

Directions: A 5 min. walk from the main train station.

barryg23's Profile Photo

Mid-range priced hotel in Fes

by written on March 9, 2005

This was the only hotel we pre-booked on our first trip, and our choice was limited by it being the only hotel we could find in Fes with a website. I normally don't like Ibis hotels so much, but this one was great.

The room was a little smaller than I expected, yet it was still bigger than anyting we stayed in for the rest of our trip. Having heating and constant hot water was a luxury I only appreciated on subsequent nights when we stayed in cheaper places.

The Ibis also had a lovely garden (see picture) with an outdoor pool and a nice bar and restaurant inside. The only off-putting thing was the price - it was 546 DH (54 Euro) for a double including breakfast. Not bad by European prices but far more expensive than most other hotel we stayed in during our trip.

Directions: On the left hand side as you leave Fes railway station

Nearby Ibis Moussafir Fes

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool
  • Pets Allowed

Fes Travel Forum

Need advice about Fes, Morocco? Visit the Travel Forum for Fes and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Fes hotel reviews

Shop keepers
Haggling down
A Day or maximum 2 days trip
Warnings and Dangers
Taxi from airport to the city centre
IMPORTANT
Ceramics
Visit a tannery
Nejjarine Foundouk
Things to Do
The Medina (the old city)
Fez Souk - haggle away
Royal Palace
Things to Do
Visit a borj (nothing to do with star trek)
Markets in Fès, Medina