Zalagh Parc Palace Hotel

Tingo.com Travelocity Otel.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 47% less but rated 15% lower than other 5 star hotels

Zaalagh Parc Palace Lobby

The lobby area is rather lovely and down one end are a few shops – one selling some lovely local styled clothing and the other souvenirs, snacks and basic items. This shop will sell you stamps there for your postcards. Reception doesn’t keep them.

Power Saving

Finding my room was a little tricky until I found a closer elevator which brought me into another part of the lobby area. Also when searching for the room, all the stairwells and corridors were dark. I thought there had to be a powercut happing but the hotel actually has big buttons on the walls which you press as you walk past and the lights ahead will come on – a good power saving method.

The Rooms

All the rooms have air-conditioning and satellite tv. Some complimentary toiletries are also in the bathroom. The rooms are decorated in a moderate Moroccan theme. They are roomy and comfortable enough and I was able to pick up wireless internet access in my room.

The Swimming Pools

The hotel also has 2 outdoor swimming pools and one indoor heated pool. Snacks are served around the outdoor pool in a lush garden setting. For the energetic there is also a squash court and tennis court.

Zaalagh Parc Palace

The Zaalagh Parc Palace is a little away from the centre of Fez with not a lot around it. There is however a shopping centre (Marjane) within walking distance. The hotel stands over 5 storeys and has 515 rooms and offers a sauna, gym and a Turkish bath. There are also 4 restaurants, a bar and nightclub. They have laundry facilities and also cater for the disabled.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Excellent Rooms, Good Facilities

We enjoyed our 2 night stay in this 5 star hotel. The room was spacious and the furnishings were first class, the bathroom was in good condition with fresh towels daily.

We were sightseeing most of the time and only used the hotel facilities on the night of our arrival having dinner in the main dining room, an international buffet which was a little disappointing as we were looking forward to Moroccan cuisine.

After dinner we had a game of 10 Pin Bowls at the in house Bowling Alley. We did not have time to use other in-house facilities except the internet which I found to be exceptionally slow, the slowest I have ever experienced.

A shopping centre was 5 minutes walk from the hotel with a large supermarket stocking everything you might need, including clothes.

Directions: The hotel was on the edge of town, approximately 10 minutes drive to the medina.

More about Zalagh Parc Palace Hotel

A pretty nice hotel in the new city

by 78Eva about Hotel Zalagh

I did not stay at the Zalagh myself, since I stayed at the Fez language centre's accomodation. However, I know from a friend who stayed there that it is a pretty nice hotel (4 stars).
Myself, I swam in the Zalagh pool a few times when it got warm (they take a pretty steep entrance fee just for swimming). I also had dinner in their restaurant twice (if you want delicious western food once in a while, this is the place) - it's actually not too expensive to eat there.
Since I did not see the rooms, I can only say that their restaurant is very nice, and that they have a beautiful hotel garden. When you relax there at the swimming-pool amid all that dende vegetation, you feel like you're not in Fez anymore!
I think the prices were pretty high, although perhaps not so much by American standards, about 40-50$ per person. If I were to stay at a hotel in Fez, I would always stay at a cheaper hotel, I think, but it might be the right thing for someone coming the first time, staying in Fez only for a few days and looking for a nice hotel. There is a nice outdoor pool and a beautiful garden.
The hotel overlooks the medina, but only for afar, so all you see actually is an accumulation of piled-up houses in the distance.

Zalagh hotelZalagh hotel

Wildflowers in the Zalagh, friendsWildflowers in the Zalagh, friends

Jamal Morelli heading back from the ZalaghJamal Morelli heading back from the Zalagh

Wandering Zalagh outside Fes...photo Aicha HatimWandering Zalagh outside Fes...photo Aicha Hatim

Do you know a budget clean hotel in Fes??

by pompeyomx1

Hello again!

I am organizing my trip to Morocco for september. In Fes I just find and get answers from very expensive hotels. Does anybody know a nice, budget, CLEAN hotel in Fes??? If you have the name, tel and email much better!
Thanks a lot!!

by Imanrouane

Hotel Zalagh its near McDonalds and has a lovely pool and the hotwl is 5 star at very affordable prices. I dont know the details though, but its a lovely hotel.

by Sambawalk

What is your idea of nice budget and clean? Simple backpacker's type without or with bathroom, whilst they are nice clean and budget? What is buget in your mind? ranging from US$10 to US$100?

Maximum around 50 Euros..

by pompeyomx1

Hey! Thanks for your response and tips, I am looking a hotel of max. 50 Euros.... do you have any idea or suggest???

by chanito

You'll find it difficult to book in advance for these places. Most have no internet presence at all, and don't even take phone bookings. You just have to show up early enough in the day and hope they have a bed. I personally wouldn't recommend these places either. Moving up a little but still in your range, try Hotel Batha. You need to search for the contact info on Google. Another place is an inexpensive Riad just opposite the Bou Inania Medresa on Talaa Kbira. It's called Dar Bou Inania.

I've also heard good things about Pensions Dalia and Campini. When you are in the budget range here in Morocco, I don't think you can expect much in terms of the standards of cleanliness that you require. You can be pleasantly surprised though!

Comments