Hotel Cesar

Avenue Mohamed VI, Tangier, 90000, Morocco
Hotel Cesar
Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

More about Tangier

Fruit and vegetable market in TangierFruit and vegetable market in Tangier

Night Spot By The PortNight Spot By The Port

Tangier Road SignTangier Road Sign

Hotel Continental from the portHotel Continental from the port

tangeir taxi

by wifeofike

What should I expect to pay for two people fare from Tangier to Asilah and where do you catch the taxi?

by earthflyer

I paid 300 dirhams from my Hotel in Tangier but I had a feeling I could of got it cheaper. Asilah is only 45 minutes away.

by travolta159

if you like to take taxi with other people it will cost you around 50 to 60 DH for both of you of course, but if you want to take it as private to Asilah it will cost you around 200 DH this the amount for 45 KM... also maybe you can think of the train just idea, enjoy your time cheers

by angiebabe

If you are arriving in Morocco/Tangier from the ferry then jump in a petit taxi - thats from nearer away from the taxis that hover about to catch the first out of the terminal itself - they are usually just ripoff hustlers who charge heaps more than they should - and confirm the price with the taxi - should only be 20 dirham - even if its a grande taxi that agrees to take you for 20-30 dirham thats okay too - and taxi to the grande taxi station - which is the same place as the bus station - (not the CTM bus station but whats regarded as THE bus station) - and then find the grande taxis to Asilah - grande taxis leave when all 6 seats are sold - so you could buy the 2 front seats for the 2 of you or 3 seats for the 2 of you in the back or the whole 4 of the backseat whatever but you dont need to pay for the whole 6 unless you really want to!
When I was there in March it was about 50 dirham for 2 seats for myself. Takes 45 minutes.
Ive caught the train once before and never would again. It stops a few kms away from town and it was only that someone had the kindness to use their phone to phone a taxi for me that I was able to get into town from the train without having to walk - there was no one at the train station after the train left and the place was deserted so quickly - with my stuff and no paths only the narrowish main road - and then I didnt actually know where to go and it was getting dark.

Catching a bus from the bus station is also fine. and an interesting experience to be with local passengers. The buses leave less frequently than the grande taxis.

by travel-writer

Hi,

You can easily fidn a shared grand taxi to Asilah at the Taxi station, which is Located beside the Bus Station in Tangier, the Taxi driver might charge you more but never pay more than 50dh for a shared grand taxi, Hiring the vehicle for yourself might cost more,

Travel Tips for Tangier

First visit June 97

by Carmela71

My friend was working for the Calcuta sisters there in a house for single mothers, that are illegal in Morocco (single mothers), so I decide to visit her and while she was working I use to take care the children there, they were so sweet, so great, you could not stop loving them!

This was one of the mothers, No, she was not hurt, she had a problem with an eye ...

I am afraid my experience in Tangier was not very tourist, it was very therapeutically for me, as I was just dismissed from a horrible job, and my friend suggest me to go there, help them for a while, and she promise me I will see life completely different after that!

I agreed with her immediately!

Sometimes we need someone to remind us, how lucky we are to live in such wonderful conditions as we live in Europe...

maybe is not my best tourist travel but it has been the one that teach me more about this wonderful moms, broken families, new families (one of the single mothers got married while being there...). I was told while I was there that single mothers does not exist there, and their kids do not exist for their law... I am not sure if that is true still now... as Morocco is changing a lot.

The only thing I did not like was that I was suggesting not smoking in the street, as I was a woman! (I was suggested only to do it in my private accommodation!) Horrible for an addicted person LOL

A Free Photo!

by Geoff_Wright

Here's a picture of our local guide, Mohammed, Jaymes and Mary at Cape Spartel. I rather thought I might have to fork out yet another Euro for the priviledge of taking a photo here. But it was free, haha.

Mark Twain's Take On Tangiers

by keeweechic

Mark Twain (aka Samuel Langhorne Clemens) visited Tangier and commented “I would seriously recommend to the Government of the United States when a man commits a crime so heinous that the law provides no adequate punishment for it, they make him a Consul-General to Tangier”.

Shops everywhere!

by Geoff_Wright

After our meal and a whistle-stop tour of the souk, we headed back to meet up with our minibus. Even walking along one of the main roads, there were traders everywhere, still trying to sell T-shirts, belts, plates, and of course those red Fez hats! In this picture you can just make out some women who have set up their vegetable stall at the side of the road, on the road, and between parked cars! Some of them wore those large, wide-brimmed hats that I've seen on other pages, but I couldn't get a photo of them, sorry.

Morocco’s Fishing Industry

by dlytle

As the only North African country without oil, Morocco has had to make the most of its other advantages. The ocean off Morocco's Atlantic coast is one of the richest fishing grounds in the world. All together, Morocco's coastline covers 2,141 miles along the Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean. Fishing has been a major industry in Morocco since the 1930's and the industry experienced tremendous growth during the 1980's. Over 100,000 Moroccans are employed in the fishing industry. The industry's importance is underscored in both the employment sector and by the over $600 million of foreign exchange that is reaped from the industry each year.

The fishing industry is comprised of two distinct sectors: the costal fishery and the high seas. Moroccan coastal fishery is made up of primarily smaller, wooden boats. These boats catch mainly low-priced fish including sardines, mackerel and anchovies. Morocco's boats are older, poorly managed and lack technical equipment such as fish finding gear. Therefore, the boats engaged in this fishing only stay out at sea for up to three days. Due to their lack of technical accoutrement, specifically coolers, they often times bring back damaged catches. This sector of the Moroccan fishing industry is facing stiff competition from more modern, better-equipped, European boats, primarily from Spain.

Morocco's high seas fishing is somewhat more modern and consists of mainly steel boats equipped with freezing facilities, which allow them to stay out at sea longer. These boats are usually between 100 and 150 feet long and make about 5 trips, lasting 60 days, each year.

In the picture you see one of the local coastal fishing boats with its nets out.

Comments