Hotel Tarik

Hotel Tarik
HostelBookers.com AMOMA.com Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 28% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Front desk people are rude

I wanted to change my dollars in to Dirham,and I have to waited for frikin an hour.
    Front desk they don't smile,never say hellow.Seems they are favoring the guest by providing a room,rest of the Hotel employees are good,restaurant waiters and manager are good.
    Hotel located on the beach but no access to the beach unless you want to climb the frikin rocks and pile of trash.The Night guy (the fat bald one with beard) he is the bad,bad guy he always mad and look like the guy from "Texas chain saw" If you ask him to change some money,he would get real angry.I do not recommend this hotel.It is kind of rundown and really need some interior decorator.

Every time you want to go to the Town you need a Taxi,and taxi drivers are another frikin characters. Try to reap you off,15to 20 Dirahm to go to the ferry boat terminal but drivers will ask 50 dirahnm or 20 Euro.Too much hassel.

Unique Quality: Hotel is in very good beach location( if you want to be away from everything).
    I can imagine in summer probably great. Hotel has there own Night club,after dark
    Moorish girls fill up the bar,live music in the weekend.dont go to the night club
    if you think using credit card,because they don't except C. C. only cash.
    If you are drinking keep count your every beer,otherwise they will reap you off.
    Never leave your drinks alone with the girls,they will F. you off too.

• diverbh4's Profile Photo

Overall a Good Hotel

The first issue with Hotel Tarik is the location. It is about a 30min walk from the city center, but when walking along the beach, it does not seem that long.
    The room I had was very nice; complete with Spanish tv (about 7 channels and BBC), balcony facing the ocean, full bathroom and even what looked like a queen sized bed, all in my very spacious room.
    The free wi-fi was available in the lobby, but one of the days was not working, and the person at the front desk said they could do nothing about it, and not even wanting to try and fix it.

Unfortunately this was the beginning of my problems with the staff...

On my last day in Tangier, I was trying to check my flights and email when the wifi was not working and like I said, the front desk person was very unhelpful, but was understandable.
    So I decided to eat my breakfast which when I booked my reservation was informed it was free. Well, I was told that I needed to pay for my breakfast and that they do not offer free breakfast with their rooms. I was astonished to say the least.
    What was more frustrating was they I could not prove that I was supposed to get a free breakfast due to the internet being out of service... So I tried asking for a manager to help me out. Well because it was Sunday the man at the front desk said the manager had the day off and nobody was in charge.
    After him ignoring me for the next 10 minutes as I tried to talk to him about my problems I asked him for his name so that I could send an email to the manager when I returned to some form of internet. He took offense to this and told me sternly that he was not at a police station and that he did not have to give out his name to the customers.
    Well frankly I was taken aback by this because throughout my stay the past couple of days the rest of the staff was amazing and very accommodating.
    So I left Hotel Tarik with a very bitter feeling, but all in all it IS a great hotel. Some of the staff admittedly have spotty English, but one has great English, and they usually try to work out talking with you. I just had an issue with one of the staff.
    What upsets me more is that even though I sent an email to the manager at Hotel Tarik complaining about my situation, I have received no response from them at all...which again fueled my distaste for their customer service. It seemed that once I had checked out I no longer mattered to the hotel :o(

Unique Quality: Great room, most of the staff was great and spoke some English (varying levels at front desk).
    There was a pool, but I did not use it due to it being cold outside, great view from room balcony, but far from the city center.
    TV in room (no remote & about 12" screen in the corner of the room ceiling), bathroom was clean and tidy)

Directions: About 30min walk from city center, probably about 5min taxi.

Comments