Hotel El Yacouta

Satisfaction No Data

Rated 85% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Tetouan

Royal Palace, TetouanRoyal Palace, Tetouan

Cats in kasbah.Cats in kasbah.

The exquisite bridal jewellery.The exquisite bridal jewellery.

One of the jewellers' shops.One of the jewellers' shops.

travelling from Cueta/Sebta to Ibis Hotel, Fnideq

by grahamNI

I am travelling to Morocco via Ceuta/Sebta near the end of April.

I have had no success in trying to find a car hire company in Spain who will let me take a car to Morocco for a few days, so.............

On arrival at Ceuta/Sebta, I know that I must make my way to the border and then find a taxi?
Any idea how much a taxi would be to the Ibis Hotel, Fnideq....... as I believe that it is not a long distance?
I hope to arrange car hire when I get to the hotel.

Many thanks in advance for your advice.
G.

Re: travelling from Cueta/Sebta to Ibis Hotel, Fnideq

by swstan

The 2005 Lonely Planet lists the taxi price per seat as 3 DH, so I'd expect the whole taxi to be 6 times that, close to 2 euros. They will take euros happily, so don't worry about getting money right at the border.

Cars cost so much on the ferry that renting in Morocco makes more sense anyway.

Re: travelling from Cueta/Sebta to Ibis Hotel, Fnideq

by grahamNI

Thanks Stan, I will take your advice and see if the Ibis can arrange a hire car for me. It will only be for 2 or 3 days.
Graham.

Travel Tips for Tetouan

Royal Palace

by jamiesno

When you are walking through the medina be sure to get some pictures of the Royal Palace. It is a beautiful building and I enjoyed viewing the flags. My fondest memory would be the culture shock it is like nothing I had ever experienced. I am not sure if I would venture into Morocco alone, it was comforting to be with a group and some local guides.

Haggle the Price down

by crmeers

It is considered rude if you do not haggle a price that they offer you. You must give them lower prices, and they will respect you for it. I think it is because if you don't haggle you don't spend time with them, you just want to get it over with, instead of taking your time and being friendly. But I'm not quite sure.

A Sense of Humour!

by freya_heaven

Naively I thought Morocco = Warm. But not in January (stupid me , I know). It was freezing, especially at night. So if your visiting this time of year wrap up well. Hard sell and Hustler Repellent Spray, and a sense of humour! (~_~)

~Al Beb~

by freya_heaven

Loosing the crowds for a while, and wandering off alone, through the narrow passage ways and streets. Is a wonderful way of exploring. Its very easy to get lost, but we found the people more than helpful to get you back on the right track. Al Beb means the door.

Visit a Moroccoan restaurant.

by Regina1965

Our second stop in kasbah was at a Moroccoan restaurant, Dar Saada, which was an old summer palace turned into a restaurant which is situated in the very center of Medina. It was lovely, the food was delicious, Harira (tomatoes, spices and meat-based soup) cous-cous with vegetables and chicken, meat on spear, buns and delicious peppermint-tea. The ambiance was so lovely and the waiters were very nice. There was entertainment, 2 traditional folklore male-dancers making a lot of noise with their drums (sorry) and a belly dancer which was not the best I've seen (sorry), but it was different - very different from the Western-culture so it was enjoyable. You could get beautiful golden henna tattoo at the restaurant and have your photo taken with the musicians.

I do recommend this restaurant although I do believe it is a tourist restaurant only.

Comments