Sidi Ifni Hotels

Our Members Say

• TOTIKO profile photo TOTIKO

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

SUERTE LOCA HOTEL: SIDI IFNI Nice HOTEL

Nice hotel. The rooms are very clean. Good sea views from the balcony 1 minute from the sea. Run by a friendly family. Good music and delicious food. Correct prices.

The owners make an easy contact between the travelers. Many artists stay in this hotel. They will give you good advices to visit the area. They speak many languages. I recommend this hotel,

Rom price: from 80 DH to 150 DH

• Related to: Beaches, Food and Dining, Family Travel
  • Written December 20, 2011

• mk_ghassan profile photo mk_ghassan

Suerte Loca Hotel: Economic Night Pass in Suerte Loca

My friend and me, We spent one night in Suerte Loca in Sidi Ifni while on our way to Agadir from Laayoune, the hotel is modest, quiet and small, prices are very reasonable, breakfast is simple and nice, the beach is calm and great.

the Hotel has a Great location near the Ocean beach and Great view

• Written May 1, 2011
Tip Photo

• maykal profile photo maykal
  • Reviews: 1368

Hotel Bellevue

My original plan had been to stay at the Suerte Loca, Sidi Ifni's most characterful hotel, but unfortunately it was full, so I ended up at the Bellevue, in an Art Deco building on the clifftop just off the main Plaza de Espana. My room was "seaview", just about...if I stood on tip toes and stretched my neck out the bathroom window, I could make out a few white-crested waves, but mostly the view was of a courtyard carpark. Still, it was a nice room, and I had access to the roof terrace, which had better views...in fact, it probably had the best view in all of Sidi Ifni, over the rooftops of the old town towards the lighthouse, with the remains of the Spanish port in the background.

The roof terrace is definitely the hotel's best asset and a very underused feature. a cafe/restaurant down below has sea views too, but looks out the other way so it isn't quite as spectacular.

One downside to the hotel is the noisy bar at ground level in the courtyard...it didn't seem to be part of the hotel, as the entrace was hidden away behind a garage and the reception didn't advertise it at all, but the noise at night did become part of the hotel, as voices and music do tend to echo in the courtyard. It didn't bother me too much, as i go to bed quite late anyway, and have recently started to sleep through just about anything 9including my alarm clock), but if you're a light sleeper, I'd recommend asking for a room on the other side of the hotel, even if it means paying a little extra.

My room cost me 149 DH a night...it was a double room, and the hotel had no singles, so if there's two of you this would be quite a bargain, but it was a little more than I would normally pay. (13DH = £1 in Jan 2010)

• Written March 6, 2010

Hotel Bellevue, Sidi Ifni

• ELear profile photo ELear
  • Reviews: 127

Suerte Loca: A little disappointing

From the name and the architecture and what I had found on the web, I had been expecting something rather "special" and different, but when I was there (in December - things may be different at other times of the year), the Suerte Loca struck me as a rather sad sort of place. Apart from the owners, I didn't see any locals there, and the people staying seemed to have mostly just stopped there (possibly with similar romantic illusions to mine) on their way down to the Western Sahara or Senegal. The food was OK but nothing special (there's no smoking in the dining room if you're interested), and my room (bloody cold in December - no lavatory) was very, very basic. I don't want to be completely negative - they do their best, and I would think the atmosphere is very different in summer - but don't go there with romantic ideas.

Looks Spanish from outside.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Surfing, Beaches
  • Written May 2, 2009

• matthiessen profile photo matthiessen

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Barandilla: Residence Sidi Ifni

Wonderfull Cafe Restaurant and Terasse with an Old Berber Tente and Riad

4 nice Appartements wtíth Bathroom 2 Rooms to sleep und Salon with view to the atlantic ocean. Price for an Appartement 30.-- Euro

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Hiking and Walking, Surfing
  • Written April 5, 2008
Tip Photo

• geoveo profile photo geoveo
  • Reviews: 31

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Suerte Loca: Our Crazy Luck

Stayed at the Suerte Loca November 2006. The room had good sea views from the balcony but our stay was not very enjoyable mainly due to the awful loud noises from the plumbing in our room that kept waking us throughout the night. The toilet cistern kept refilling with a noise that sounded like someone taking a power shower, followed by the hounds from hell howling as the sound from the vibrating water pipes reverberated and amplified through the ventilation shaft from the bathroom. I went down stairs to try and get something done about it but there was no one to be found so I spent the night getting up every time the noise started and flushing the toilet which for some reason seemed to stop the sound, I don’t know why (I’m not a plumber) but it did.
In the morning I mentioned this to the owner. She seemed amazed as though she had no knowledge of it which I found incredulous as I’m sure the whole hotel must have heard it, anyway I was happy when she said that she would get it seen too whilst we were out. We went out, got back and nothing had been done to it, no one I asked knew anything about it and the owner was out. When she did come back her whole warm and welcoming demeanour of yesterday was gone and she all but ignored me. We left.
I know that everyone has a bad experience now and again and that every establishment has it bad moments but the mark of a hospitable hotel is that problems get sorted out. My impression on Suerte Loca is that, along with some other places that get mention in guides like Lonely Planet and Rough Guide is that they don’t feel they have to try and are able to ask a higher price for an often inferior service, knowing that the book’s endorsement with provide them with a constant flow of customers.
Based on our stay in November 2006 I couldn’t recommend this hotel, but if you do stay there beware of room 13. Crazy (un)lucky room 13.

Good views, the only hotel in town with them.
Over priced, mediocre food.
Crazy plumbing.

• Related to: Backpacking, Road Trip
  • Written December 8, 2006

Hotel Ait Baamrane

Another decent choice is the Ait Baamrane right on the beachfront just below the Suerte Loca. It's appearance is a bit more faded than the other two but the rooms are clean and smart. It's a functional hotel but a bit charmless although the staff are friendly.

The restaurant is apparently very good - I promised I'd eat in there but ran out of time - and there's a down to earth bar that's popular with locals. Although not perched on a cliff like the Bellevue it's right by the beach and an even better place to watch the sunset with a cold beer.

If you're incredibly unlucky and the above three are all booked out, or you're on an extremely tight budget, then there are some very cheap (30 Dirham) and basic places near Avenue Mohammed V.

Tip Photo

Sunset, beer... what more do you need?

The Bellevue

Second choice among Sidi Ifni's hotels is probably the Hotel Bellevue on Place Hassan II. It's very clean and modern looking and has a couple of bars and restaurants and an excellent roof terrace ideal for sunset watching and sunbathing. A little more expensive than the Suerte Loca but your best bet if that's full. The building is equally nice but it just hasn't got quite the same atmosphere.

Sunbathe on the roof

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Crazy Luck!

The Hotel Suerte Loca (Crazy Luck in my dodgy translation) is one of the best hotels I've been to. Friendly and family run, it serves as a community centre as much as a tourist hotel – the pool table and excellent live music get the locals in at night. The restaurant is pretty reasonable although don't get too excited by the large menu - only a few dishes are ever on and you should ideally order two hours in advance. But the couple who run the place are super-helpful and will gladly fix you something up if you've just arrived on the late night bus - for which I will be eternally grateful!

Spotless and very comfortable rooms with en-suite bathroom are 120 Dirham. Similar rooms without bathroom are 60 dirhams and since the communal showers are also spotlessly clean these are probably the best value. There's a large Berber tent on the roof which you can crash in for 50 D. The roof has excellent views of the sea and the hotel is well decorated with interesting paintings and photos. There's a small library/lounge area and they own a shop next door selling good souvenirs at reasonable and fixed prices.

If only you could get a beer here it'd be probably the best hotel in the world!

The best thing about the hotel is the family who own it. They've been running the hotel, which has by now become a bit of an institution, for years, yet they don't seem to tire of answering stupid questions and helping you plan your trip. And they love to sit and mingle at your table at night chatting about travelling and music and are more like friends rather than staff. They know exactly what their visitors want. They're also very well known in the town community and the Suerte Loca stands apart from many hotels in that it's an essential part of town life rather than a tourist zone.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel