100 Avenue des F.A.R., Casablanca, 20000, Morocco

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 35% less but rated 12% lower than other 5 star hotels

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

Where SV airline crew stay

Here is where the Saudi Arabian airlines crew stay on their layover..
    I joined my husband (the pilot) on one of his trips to Casa...
    I must say the room they gave us was like an apartment,it has one master bedroom,with it's bathroom,then a living room and a kitchen,two plazma TVs, a dining room,an office and another toilet.it was huge,but over all,it wasnt that luxurious.
    The location is OK,but you can't really see the Beach,not from the 5th floor where our room was.
    What really bugged me is that I couldnt go to bed,because the music from the night club on the 3rd floor was so loud,that I could actually hear it BEATING under my pillow.

• fatanky's Profile Photo

Hot Sheraton

July 2006 stayed four days at the height of summer. Not pleasant experience, as aircon in the room inadequate. Maybe because I was on the 14th floor? Technical guy came and cleaned filter and seemed better for an hour, then minimal. Bit of a smell to the room, maybe due lack of aircon? Sat dripping into my laptop while trying to work during the day, a little cooler at night, but for £160 / 230 Euros per night, not satisfactory. So-called sports bar Cas-Bar had all the artefacts, nicely dark, cool if you avoid the bar and sit under a fan, but zero atmosphere. A notice outside said happy hour and karaoke, but I saw no evidence of either. They have big screens, but no sounds, which is useless, and just intermittent boom boom music when someone can be bothered. Like the rest of this joint, an atmosphere of "who cares?" Asked for a late checkout at 1400, told that would be an extra 120 MAD / 10 Euros per hour after 1300..never mind my bill was over 1500 Euros..although I can't find the charge on my bill..must have forgot!
    So I'm looking for an alternative for next time.

Unique Quality: Sushi bar fantastic

Directions: Central by Medina

• TomorrowsAngel's Profile Photo

Casablanca Hotel

We spent a night here in August 2005. The Sheraton is always a good choice if you want affordable 5-star accommodation. We wanted a night of luxury after sleeping out under the stars (and god knows what else) for the previous few nights on our trek.
    Our room was big enough for the two of us with our assorted backpacks, suitcases and other assorted paraphernalia. The bathroom was spacious and light, even included a free set of scales (standard Sheraton service I discovered a few hotels down the track).

Unique Quality: We booked for dinner in the Arabic Restaurant, which had a performing Arabic group of musicians, singers and dancers which we enjoyed, and the fodd was awesome (I recommend the Lebanese mezze to start off your meal).
    Hotel services were the usual, and the concierge even opened up the business centre after hours for me so I could check my email - so I given them 5 out of 5 for service.
    The beauty salon and fitness centre are segregated being in a Muslim country, so women's hours are morning and guys have the facilities at night, so make sure you remember this if planning a day's itinerary which included this.
    Enjoyed the free Moroccan mint tea in the lobby and the singing canaries above the hotel lobby cafe are a nice touch. Would stay here again in a flash!!

• PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

on The Road to Morocco

A very nice hotel with attentive staff. Three restaurants in house

Unique Quality: Nothing especially unique about this hotel but certainly is worth a stay for a day or two if in the area. It is fairly central in the city which enables you to walk around in the area without problems

Directions: From Mohammed V Airport
    Take the highway to the Casablanca City Center, through Avenue Brahim Roudani, until its end. Continue on Moulay Hassan I Avenue until Place Nations Unies. Continue Avenue Des F.A.R.

• Branco's Profile Photo

Sheraton Casablanca

About 230 USD / day

Unique Quality: 'The Sheraton Casablanca Hotel has all the charm and sophistication of the colorful Maghreb in an oasis of five-star comfort', they say... it's not bad... but it's not that good...

Directions: Avenue Des F.A.R. 100
    P O Box 7582
    Casablanca
    20000
    Morocco

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

That's me inside my huge hotel...

That's me inside my huge hotel room on the topmost floor of the hotel here at the Sheraton Casablanca Hotel.

More about Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers

We stayed at the fabulous ...

by Krystynn

We stayed at the fabulous Sheraton Casablanca Hotel right here in the city center. This huge hotel has got everything... from disco to bars, lounges, fitness club etc... and it's not far away from the Royal Place, Hassan II Mosque and even the beach!

The current published (discounted) rate is: US$233++ per room per night.

I don't think I paid this much to stay here. I mean, I wouldn't pay this kind of money to stay in a place like Casablanca. No offence meant to any Moroccans, but things here are generally very inexpensive. Maybe if you're a member of the Sheraton Hotel/ Westin Hotel chain, they might give you a better deal.

Our hotel in CASABLANCA:

We...

by Krystynn

Our hotel in CASABLANCA:

We stayed at the fabulous Sheraton Casablanca Hotel right here in the city center. This huge hotel has got everything... from disco to bars, lounges, fitness club etc... and it's not far away from the Royal Place, Hassan II Mosque and even the beach.

The current published (discounted) rate is: US$233++ per room per night.

I don't think I paid this much to stay here. I wouldn't pay this kind of money to stay in a place like Casablanca. I mean, no offence meant to any Moroccans, but things here are really generally very inexpensive. Maybe if you're a member of the Sheraton Hotel/ Westin Hotel chain (like I am), they'd give you a better deal.

Checking into a hotel alone

by Liquidsunshine

Hello,

I am going to Morocco in September as part of a guided tour. However, I'll be arriving in Casablanca a day earlier than the tour starts, so I have time to do a bit of sightseeing alone. I'll be checking into the Casablanca Sheraton Hotel & Towers. My reservation is already booked. As a single woman traveling alone, (I'm an American, and have East Indian ancestry) do you think I'll have any problems checking in? I've heard stories of single women who "look" Arab and had problems checking into hotels alone, and only after showing their U.S. or whatever passport, they were finally treated better. Or perhaps these are exaggerations? From what I've heard, the Casablanca Sheraton serves a lot of business customers from all over the world, so surely, they're used to all different kinds of people who come to their hotel be they single, married, male, female?

Thanks for any help or advice!

RE: Checking into a hotel alone

by khattabi_eg

I have heard...I heard...A friend's friend was told...all that is just nonsense, so Moroccan women and women who look like Arabs can't check into hotels then? Where in the world people can't get into hotels because of their color, or because of how they look like? really absolute nonsense...
You will have no trouble in Morocco, and you'll be amazed and surprised how kindly you will be treated, and you don't need to be American to be treated well..
Wish you a good stay in Morocco,
Abdou.

RE: Checking into a hotel alone

by atesemin

I would not worry at all. I stayed several times at Sheraton Casa on business trips and have seen several single western or eastern women checking in the hotel with same ease as in Europe. The hotel staff is very friendly. Hotel is close to the center. enjoy your stay.

RE: RE: Checking into a hotel alone

by Liquidsunshine

Thank you, atesemin. I feel at ease now.

Calm down, Abdou. It was just a question.

Comments