Wilaya de Casablanca Hotels

• Reviews: 144

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Kenzi Basma: Near to Medina and good service

Very helpful staff.
Since French & arabic are the more popular language in Morocco, I appreciate the staff 's effort to help me with everything. Not all staff can speak good english and they are eager to try and they gave me a hotel nearby map with business card to make sure I can find my way back
Exterior & lounge in this hotel looks fabulous but the interior needs some work.
However, I am very satisfied with the stay because the room is big & the toilet & bath are separated rooms.
I lived on the 3rd floor and there was a weird musky smell. Other than that, the room is good.

Free internet access but only have one computer.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written November 9, 2008

inside the room

• Dizzydean profile photo Dizzydean
  • Reviews: 32

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Casa Sweet Home: Alternative to the Hotel

When in Casablanca Morocco staying at a big hotel can cost around $120 up. But for around $75 pn you can rent a studio apartment through CasaSweetHome.com. There are several locations to choose from. I recommend the Mariff

Due to the local muslim customs, the major hotels do not allow female visitors. Therefore the freedom for local visitors to come to your residence as you please. Also, you are in the midst and living in amongst the locals and you are not hassled by the many beggers that prey upon guests at the major hotels. Easy access to shopping, cafes, markets, etc.

Within easy walking to the twin center complex, you will appreciate the charm of this very sunny apartment, combining tradition and modernity perfectly. within a pleasant framework, you will find all that it is necessary to feel you as on your premise also visit other apartments on the www.Casasweethome.com

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Work Abroad, Business Travel, Singles
  • Written January 18, 2006

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 4570

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca: LOUD MUSIC ALL NIGHT

The Moroccan House Hotel was designed to have an elaborate and beautiful décor. It is a total waste of time and energy because you can’t get to sleep until 3 or 4 am. AVOID THIS HOTEL. When I arrived at the entrance I was very impressed with the outside decoration and I was greeted warmly by the doorman. The interior revealed a lobby with some ornamental decorations that looked faintly palatial. The Interior Decorator should get an award for dressing up this 3 star hotel. I reminded the receptionist that I had requested a quiet room when I had booked the room months ago. He assured me it was a quiet room. He is one dishonest bastard. He kept a straight face as he told me the BIG LIE.

I went up to find my room (number 33) and realised that it was facing towards the larger of the 2 roads. The room was very well decorated with lots of art, nice furniture and impressively dressed beds. I was very tired and wary of hearing road traffic, so I went back down to reception. This time it was a lady and she told me that this WAS the quiet side and she assured me it was a quiet room. She is a lying ***.

Anyway, I went up to my nice looking room and selected the third bed from the window. And I went to sleep for an hour before I set out to have dinner and an early night. I was tired and had a morning flight to Mauritania. So far so good. My room was nice looking and functional. The free Wi-Fi barely worked and dropped out. Repeatedly. My bathroom was basic and worn, but functional. I got up and out for an early meal.

When I returned the room was relatively quiet, with the odd car horn, but as it became dark the road traffic dwindled. I laid down to sleep. And then I heard wailing! Horrible singing followed my loud Moroccan folk music. LOUD. It seemed to be coming from just outside my window, but I couldn’t see anything. Just like modern mosques belching out the call to prayer with modern speakers – this was definitely magnified.

I went back down to reception. This time they told me all the rooms were occupied and I couldn’t change rooms. Probably more lies.

Anyway – I went outside to investigate. Across the street is a massive cultural center and it was hosting a wedding for HUNDREDS of people. They had live musicians and lots of speakers. The whole street reverberated to the sound of singing and dancing. I went back and laid in bed and tried to sleep. The music stopped at 4am. At 7am the began demolishing the stairs for a complete remodel of it and the room next door to me! With sledge hammers! Quiet room my arse.

THANKS FOR NOTHING MOROCCAN HOUSE HOTEL.

OVERVIEW:
• Loud music played across from the hotel until 4am. Very loud.
• 46 rooms and 5 suites on 10 floors
• Well located to all the central attractions and the metro train
• They advertise that “you can choose the color of your room” – a total lie
• Decorated throughout like a Marrakech riad

ROOMS:
• 46 rooms, 5 suites,
• Air-conditioning, satellite TV, heating, bath-tub/shower, basic toiletries, safe
• Free but *** poor Wi-Fi

FOOD & DRINK:
• 3 small restaurants designed like Moroccan living rooms
• Breakfast (extra) is a Moroccan buffet

OTHER ITEMS;
• Large conferences room equipped for 120 people
• Airport transportation (surcharge)
• 24-hour front desk, coffee/tea in lobby