Wilaya de Marrakech Hotels

• AnnaHermans profile photo AnnaHermans
  • Reviews: 155

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Riad Jomana: Nice riad close to medina

A nice European male couple (Italian and French) run this hotel. It is quiet, not easy to find, but close to the city center.

Clean. good service, quiet.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Arts and Culture, Backpacking, Spa and Resort
  • Written October 16, 2011
Tip Photo

• annagray profile photo annagray

DAR NAJAT: MARRAKECH BEST RIAD

We stayed at Dar najat from the 19th to the 23rd of january. It was four of us (2 couples). We really loved our stay at dar najat. Right from the very beginning (from the point of reservations) to the refreshing points of mint tea served and all the arrangements Olivier the owner made, were all very much appreciated.

On our arrival we were greeted by a driver that olivier had organized, - the driver had infact stayed at the airport for an extra 1.5 hours as our flight was delayed, at no extra charge!

The Riad is located in the Medina and you can walk everywhere in a matter of 10 to 15 minutes, so the location is fantastic, and you will realize this once you get your bearings. We had our breakfast on the terrace in the morning sunshine which was really awesome. Olivier gave us maps (which are recommended) for the sites, which made it very easy to navigate your way through the narrow streets in the medina. The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated and the beds were cosy and comfortable .

Olivier organized a day trip for us to Ouarzazate, with a reputed tour company. We had a fantastic driver and a comfortable 4 x 4, (ask for driver Hamed for he speaks very good English and quite knowledgeable about Morocco in general).

We would definitely recommend this Riad for Marrakech, it’s an oasis in the middle of all the ‘good chaos’ in the medina! Also a special thanks to Essan and Amine and the chef lady Soukina for all the things they did to make our stay special.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Arts and Culture, Adventure Travel
  • Written February 3, 2011

• LGARTH profile photo LGARTH

DAR NAJAT: COOLEST PLACE

Staying at DAR NAJAT absolutely added to the thrill and pleasure of our time in Marrakech. If you want to witness life in Marrakech and stay in a traditional Riad I would absolutely recommend DAR NAJAT. The owner Olivier is fantasic host and from the minute we arrived until our taxi to the airportl, they certainly ensured nothing was too much trouble.
Rooms were clean, I loved the big breakfast on the roof terrace in the morning before heading out to adventure the sights. We were all greeted with a warm welcome back in the evening, and, of course, relaxed on the roof terrace with a few drinks.

We were welcomed very warmly by our host. he were alway there if we had any questions and always gave us good hints what to do or where to go. It was everyday a pleasure to come "home" to the Riad after a busy day in the souks. DAR NAJAT is a oasis of calmness! You can relaxe on the roof terace, when the temperatures get a bit milder in the evenings. The rooms are very clean and furnished with an assured sense of style. Meal is cooked specially for you: It was one of the best meals we've eaten in Morocco. I can only recommend this Riad.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Gay and Lesbian, Business Travel
  • Written November 19, 2010
Tip Photo

jaccuzzi on the roof top

• LEWISCAROL profile photo LEWISCAROL

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Dar najat !!!The riad: The real''Coolest riad marrakech''

The moment you walk through the doors of Dar najat you are transported into an oasis of calm and tranquility, which is a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of the Medina.
The Riad itself is absolutely stunning, the decor is beautiful and the attention to detail is second to none.
We stayed in the walida room , and again the comfort and decor was incredible.
As we stayed for 8 days we ate at the Riad on a couple of the evenings and the food vas fantastic it was the best chicken tagine we had ever eaten. Breakfast was also lovely!
However the thing that really makes this place so wonderful are the staff, nothing is too much trouble for Olivier the owner and his team.
Olivier puts you at ease from the minute you arrive and makes you feel like you are at home.
He is a wealth of knowledge of what to do and where to go in Marrakech and his advice and suggestions are invaluable. Like AZZAR the lebanese restaurant.
The whole team of staff are amazing and the service they provide is really second to none.
This really is a truly amazing place, everything about is absolutely spot on, we cannot wait to return.

After a few emails between Olivier and I ,our stay was booked and he offered to have us picked up from our first destination which was Essaouira - 3 hours away from Marrakesh!!!

I am not going to repeat what I have written on here other than to say that I can't think of a more perfect place to stay when in Marrakesh. It really is an oasis of calm in a city of chaos and from the moment you arrive you are made to feel relaxed, taken care of and at home.

Nothing is too much trouble and Olivier and his staff go to great efforts to ensure that you get the best out of your stay in the city - from booking restaurants, arranging trips out or a driver for the day, to giving you a mobile phone so you can call the Riad if you get lost or have any problems (what a lovely touch!)

We were accompanied by a member of staff during the evenings from the riad to the area where the transport can get to so we didn't have to walk down dark alleys at night on our own, and when we returned there was always a member of staff waiting for us to escort us home again! What a service! We really appreciated this and it meant that we could relax and enjoy ourselves in the evening without being concerned about what time we were coming home and walking home in the dark

The attention to detail in this Riad is second to none and many other hotels around the world would do well to stay here see how it should be done!

The only down side was that our trip was too short! There is so much to do in and around Marrakesh that 8 days is just not long enough.... the upside is that we have a bonefide excuse to go back!!! And I can't wait!

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Food and Dining, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written November 10, 2010
Tip Photo

a divine diner with freind

• hartleythom profile photo hartleythom

dar najat: best riad

Also from outside it looks inconsiderable, this changes in the moment the door is opened. The patio is extremly nice and as everything else carefully renovated. We have been two times there in two different rooms. Breakfast and Dinner was very good.

Dar najat is magnificent from the time you come in. It is beautiful. The rooms are amazing, comfortable, clean and elegant decor. I was impressed with the service. They are always very attentive and provided all the services we needed. Breakfast, taxi to nearby sights and laundry. We came to see the sights and ended up staying more time in the riad

• Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Festivals
  • Written July 22, 2010

sun roof

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel-Riad Celia, Marrakech: Marrakech - Small, but affordable.

This is a very affordable hotel-riad just 300 metres from Djemaa El Fnaa, the main square of Marrakech. The rooms are small, bathroom even smaller, but I found that seemed to add to the cosinees of the place. Breakfast is included in the price and served either in the inside patio or on the rooftop terrace. No problem with asking for more or a re-fill. Only drawback for me is that the hotel is only 2 floors high so doesn't have much of a view, but that's a very small thing that certainly wouldn't stop me from coming here again. I found the staff very polite and friendly, in spite of the fact that because of the volcano dust cloud they only had 3 rooms taken out of twelve.

Check out the web-site that has some good deals from time to time. I paid 39 euros per night for a double inc. the 2 b'fasts.

• Written May 19, 2010
Tip Photo

View of the rooftop terrace.

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Alcharaf.: A backpacker's place.

This is a very down to earth type of hotel, no bar or restaurant, shared showers and w.c.'s and a little bit noisy at night. But beds were as clean as you'd want them, particularly at this price. Another thing going for it is that it must be one of the cheapest within 400 metres of Djemaa El Fnaa.

• Written December 13, 2007

Riad Jnane Mogador: Lovely riad - Marrakech

A well known riad not far from the place Djemaa El Fnaa and the souks, quite often full so try to book in advance, is a real jewel. Rooms so clean, linen always fresh and crispy, staff helpful and very competent. Wish I stayed longer than the original 3 days I'd booked.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written August 25, 2007

Map for Jnane Mogador.

• johnaalex profile photo johnaalex
  • Reviews: 146

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Mamounia: Africa's Best Hotel?

Some say La Mamounia is the best hotel in Africa, others add “North” to that title. For my money The Table Bay hotel should hold the title for the continent, but La Mamounia must be best in North Africa. Having said that I have stayed in lower rated hotels where I have had better, more friendly service, but I do not think I have stayed anywhere that has so much style. Numerous celebrities have stayed here, Angelina Jolie (aka Lara Croft) has also recently bedded down here. Famous British guests have included Winston Churchill and, more recently, Ronnie Corbett (of the two Ronnies) and Richard Branson (the world’s most famous “Virgin”). Both of the latter two were there at the same as me.
Of course such luxury does not come cheap, and I have to say that even taking that into consideration the prices are high. The lunch time buffet is good, but at the cost of 30 GBP per head not including any drinks so it should be!
There are a few restaurants in the hotel and from the two I tried (in addition to the buffet) I would say the standard is OK, but not really worth the money. Having said I am not a fan of Moroccan food (at the end of two weeks I was ready to kill for a good vindaloo or steak).
As part of the overall furnishings the drinking glasses in the rooms are engraved with the name of the hotel and these can be purchased in the hotel’s gift shop. At 25 GBP per glass I resisted the offer.
If you can afford it and you want to stay in a fascinating city in grand style, possibly rub shoulders with the richer and famous then La Mamounia must be considered.

Art Deco is the main theme, mixed with traditional Moroccan designs. The attention to detail is top class from the monogrammed tea spoons to the massive chandelier in the lobby. The large swimming pool and gardens provide a more than welcome sanctuary from the pandemonium that is central Marrakech.
The rooms are a good size, bigger than most places. The first room I was in was 444 which is about the worse in the hotel but it more than met my expectations. On my second stay I got upgraded to a junior suite, room 409. It did not have a balcony like 444 but I didn’t mind, it was a beautiful room. This was bigger than many “senior” suites I have stayed in. A large bedroom a reasonable sized separate sitting room, both with TV (not there is much for an English man abroad to watch).

• Opinion of Price: most expensive