Adama by Residhotel

Qzadria Square - lanterns everywhereQzadria Square - lanterns everywhere

Around...Around...

Renting a car in Marrakech

by XtravelloverX

Hi there, we're looking to rent a 4x4 car for a couple day trips while in Marrakech. One to visit Telouet ->Ait Ben Haddou another trip to maybe visit the Ouzoud waterfalls or Essaouira.

Where should I go to rent the auto in Marrakech? Any and all recommendations regarding renting a car in Morocco would be sooo helpful!

by ivalinki

We used a very helpful company and we had a great time with them.They are extemely reliable.That's their website if you are interested:http://www.ouarzazate-maroc.com/tifinagh-transport-touristique-ouarzazate.html.Good luck.If you need more information i will be glad to help if i could.

by XtravelloverX

Thank you! We're unsure if we should rent a car and do Ait Ben Haddou ourselves or hire a guide w/a car...we need to decide soon! :-O

by michel.nagore

HI
is better if you rent car with driver who speaking english ,
like omar : omaraventure@gmail.com
i have been to morroco in april 2007 with my familly , our traveling was with omar .( we know him by friend )
omar is a good and helpful driver car speaking well english .

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

Terrific Value Private Hammam

by Simon1944

Hamman Ziani is just down the road from Palais Bahia. It is a traditional style Hamman catering for tourists. 80Dh for Hammam, Steam, Gommage and Soaping - compared to 150 Dh at our hotel spa.

I took a 280 Dh package including massage and algie wrap - excellent value and eveything was first class. It seemed to cure my aches and pains and a week later they still haven't returned. This impecably clean Hamman has different sections for Mena and Women and is open from 8.00 - 22.00. I strongly recommend it. 14 Rue Riad Zitoune jdid

flying cheap to marrakesh

by cachaseiro

there are quite a few cheap airlines flying to marrakesh from europe.
here are the websites of some of the airlines that connects marrakesh with europe:

www.atlas-blue.com

www.rasyjet.com

www.ryanair.com

Grandstand view of Djemma el Fnaa

by suvanki about Argana

This was my usual spot for enjoying a mint tea or coffee, whilst observing the 'goings on' of Djemma el Fnaa.

I visited early evenings and mid-afternoon.

Good view of the square, but the staff aren't the friendliest! - They're quite strict as to where you should sit!

My first visit I found one of the few seats available and ordered a mint tea, The waiter was quite surly as he pointed out that the area I was in was for diners only.

So my next visit, I sat at the same table where I'd moved to have my mint tea, I was then informed, that I had to have my drink on the next floor up!(at least I found out that the top floor has a toilet, and there was no attendant with outstretched hand- or perhaps I was lucky this time) The ground floor toilet has an attendant, which I wasn't expecting on my first visit, so I had to scramble for loose change for a tip. I only called here for drinks- mint tea or coffee.
Meals available, but I didn't see a menu.
Downstairs are pastries and ice creams to take away or eat in.

Museum of Islamic Art

by mafi_moya

The beautiful blue house in the middle of the Majorelle Gardens is now home to the Museum of Islamic Art. So after you've been blissfully relaxed in the wonderful gardens you can educate yourself as well without hardly even moving! There are the usual exhibits - carpets, jewellery, pottery, paintings and so on, many stretching back hundreds of years. Aside from the displays, even the house is stunning, its bright blue and yellow colour scheme and ornate windows setting it apart from any other house in Marrakech.

The museum and gardens are shut for lunch for a couple of hours (12-2 I think). No photos are allowed inside the museum.

Dicovering Marrakech

by Andonya

"Riad Adjmal"

I needed some rest this year because i had some very hard times at work and i found an oasis of zen and some luxury decorations in the riad adjmal. I enjoyed the nice view on the city roof from the belvedere and could sleep a lot to recover.

A riad is a nice traditional building in the Medina that is constructed around a kind of courtyard (and often a fountain or a small pool).

"Majorelle garden"

The other oasis of Marrakech i enjoyed during my travel was the "Jardin Majorelle". This garden was created in the 30s by the french painter Majorelle. The colours are incredible, and you can appreciate a lot of different plants there.

Comments