Club Med Marrakech

Place Djemaa-el-Fnâ, Marrakech, 40000, Morocco

More about Marrakesh

ABANDON ALL HOPE !ABANDON ALL HOPE !

Sandy at La Koutoubia Mosque, MarrakeshSandy at La Koutoubia Mosque, Marrakesh

spices.spices.

Entering the Medina at nightEntering the Medina at night

Airport car park tarrif

by windcity

Does anyone know how much it costs for long term parking at Marrakech airport ?
I am planning on leaving the car there for 8 days but can't find the prices on the airport site.

by angiebabe

hi well someone just told me its 10 dirham a day so its 80 dirham - i think theres something wrong with his use of numbers.....can find out further afield for you!

by windcity

Thanks Angie, thats a great help. It makes it cheaper than a taxi both ways.

by pfsmalo

Hi Sue,
I seem to remember the hire car firm I used when I was there last April that they paid 70DH per day for the use of the car park. I imagine that they would have a rate lower than the common mortal such as you or I so can think it may be in the region of 100DH. But better to see if Angie can find out from someone she knows.

by angiebabe

hi, well last night i arrived at the agadir airport and as exiting the carpark we asked the attendant if he knew the prices for marrakech airport as agadirs had displayed 50 dirham for 24 hours and he said marrakech was the same so that yes 8 days should be 400 dirham.
i will send an email as see if theres any chance we can meet up this time Sue?!

We drove by today the rate is 30Dh per day,

by angiebabe

thats very reasonable, and cheaper then than Agadir - the board there had both 50 dirham a day and the attendant said Marrakech was the same - so its actually cheaper!....excellent

by windcity

for 8 days its cheaper than taking a taxi both ways and paying for a car park in town.

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

the old red city of marrakech

by call_me_rhia

Marrakech, the red city, for me used to be the city of Djemaa el Fna, the famous square - and souks... at least until I got there. Although I did enjoy the square, I also found it a bit too touristy and chaotic for my taste - at times it seemed that half the inhabitants of the city, and thrice as many tourists were gathered there. I also learned that there is much more - and much better - to the city than just the perimeter of the square... I found perfect bliss in the little alleys of the medina, with its simple houses, beautiful palaces, adorned mosques and medersas, ancient tombs and friendly helpful people. I also liked the fact that the medina is organized like a maze - which is wonderful for me, as I tend to get lost easily. Being so intricated, I did not feel neither dumb nor lost - it always felt as if I was going somewhere...

but finally in 1917 someone found the entrance

by globetrott

but finally in 1917 someone accidentally found the entrance hidden behind some rocks and vegetation

Todays entrance looks was restored and nowadays, you would not understand that this place was not detected before

Popular place with atmosphere

by BarryBraund about Le Dragon D'Or

This is described as a Chinese and Vietnamese restaurant. We opted for traditional Chinese food, which was plentiful and tasty.
A wide selection of dishes, many that I have never tried before. The service was slick despite being very busy the night we were there. Four of us ate there in our group and everyone enjoyed their meal.
The atmosphere was comfortable and relaxed. Like most of Morocco, nothing is hurried. It takes longer to see the bill than be served.
If you like Chines food, this place comes well recommended. We all had fairly simple dishes, but well presented and they tasted good. Chicken with ginger and spring onion with egg fried rice was my choice and after trying various more adventurous dishes over the the last few days, I was ready for something I would recognise.

The snake charmers

by Bigjones

This is an example of what you can see on Djema El Fna during the day. It's nice to see but I didn't know where to put it : in the "must see activities" because it's not something you can see everywhere and it's part of the old tradition or in the "tourist traps" because they actually don't do anything except trying to take as much money as they can from the tourists in exchange of a mere picture.

Souk el Kheir.

by belgianchocolate

If you want to go really local , have a look at this souk.
We had to look for the entrance at first and were
a bit shy to go in. This souk has more then one
entrance by the way.

This souk is where the local housewives do
their shopping. I never saw a butcher with the
meat so fresh....it was running around under the
counter. You could take it home dead or alive.

I didn't went in too deep. I was feeling a bit
sick from the first steps. The intence smell of
fish....the chickens , the dirty floor.
(I'm sorry , I have a really sensible scent)

If you look sharp at the left down corner of
the picture you can see a sheeps head -
the blood has to come out. They are cooked in
one piece. You can order them cooked on
the 'Jemaa-el-fna' square.