Dar Eliane

See Amenities

A Stunning Riad in the Heart of Marrakesh

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 4, 2010

We were in Marrakech for four nights and stayed at the Riad Dar Eliane for the remaining two nights as it was not available for the whole four. Well, what can I say-I think for once I was dumbstruck and just said ' wow ' on first arrival.
This stunning riad with its vibrant colours, fantastic finishing touches of Moroccan artifacts on the wall and welcome atmosphere take your breath away.
The riad is in the souks, and I would say the best thing to do is to ask a local how to get there (we ended up paying a local boy the equivalent of a pound to find this gorgeous place-and it's well worth it when you see the maze of souks ahead of you).
Once we arrived the hosts couldn't do enough for us, and everything is just so stunning we seemed to take pictures of every corner of the place from the plants, furnishings, ornaments, carved pillars and even the shower!
The roof terrace is relaxed and stylish with sun beds and great views - and so peaceful which is amazing considering how near the bustle of the souks you are.
Once you are orientated the riad is easy to find if you get to the small square that is the 'spice market' and then go past the local vegetable market area-I have no sense of direction and even I got the hang of it, and we were only here for two nights.
The room was gorgeous and had everything we needed. Towels were soft, beds were comfortable and gorgeous, the bathroom was stunning and the breakfast area in the downstairs open-air courtyard was full of stunning architecture and gorgeous touches.
I would come here again in a flash.
The photos on the website are stunning but still nothing but being here would capture its beauty and ambiance- but it still remains cosy and homely too.
The riad is only ten minutes walk from the main square.
I love the hectic atmosphere of the main square and love Moroccan food and enjoy listening to the calls to prayer from all the surrounding mosques, and I also enjoy having fun haggling in the souks. We visited the Majorelle gardens which are well worth it, as is the museum within it -we took a horse and carriage there and it was stunning.
We shopped in the souks, and had an impromptu drumming lesson in a shop! We ate in the main square at the food stalls that get set up in the evening (the prices are so low its amazing) and the entire time we were not disappointed with any food we had anywhere.
If the hectic nature of the square or souks gets on top of you then get out to the gardens, the 'new town', or further a field to the waterfalls (Cascades d'Ouzoud) or Essaouira for a day trip.
I had been to Marrakesh before just briefly and loved it. This trip I discovered a lot more of it, and I feel that this city will have another surprise for me hidden away somewhere each time I visit. I will be back again and again (hopefully to the Riad Dar Eliane), as will my partner who had not visited a place with such a different culture before and he said he 'fell in love' with it.

Unique Quality: The rooms was gorgeous and had everything we needed. Towels were soft, beds were comfortable and gorgeous, the bathroom was stunning and the breakfast area in the downstairs open-air courtyard was full of stunning architecture and gorgeous touches.
The roof terrace is relaxed and stylish with sun beds with a great view of the Atlas Mountains.

Directions: In the middle of the Medina(souks) the Riad is a 10 minute walk from the main square (Djemma El Fna) and a 5 minute walk from the Medersa Ben Youssef mosque.

A stunning Riad in the very heart of the old souks

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 2, 2010

I would come here again in a flash.
The photos on the website are stunning but still nothing but being here would capture its beauty and ambience- but it still remains cosy and homely too.
The riad is only ten minutes walk from the main square.

Unique Quality: Everything is just so stunning we seemed to take pictures of every corner of the place from the plants, furnishings, ornaments, carved pillars,roof terrace and even the shower!

Directions: In the very heart of the souks,a 10 minute walk from the Djemma El Fna square

Nearby Dar Eliane

• Room Service
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Marrakesh Travel Forum

Need advice about Marrakesh, Morocco? Visit the Travel Forum for Marrakesh and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Marrakesh hotel reviews